How long have you gone without sleep?

Hahaha, this is some funny stuff! I think staying up is fun, but it’s also just like a drug.

Drug=fun=bad things to tee batee.

Anyways my record is from 6 am one morning past 6 am the next and 6 am the next then I slept at 2pm that night so that’s…

6am to 6am to 6 am 48 then to 2pm so plus 8, 56 hours!!!

Yea I can barely remember that cuz it was like a year ago. I can remember being woozy, and seeing things I don’t think were real. Oh, and things were different shades of the real color. And when I went outside it felt as though I was looking through lightly tinted green glass.

WHY would you want to stay up???

YOU CAN’T LD!!!

I used to love staying up rarely feel sleepy, but now I would rather LD than watch Carlos Mencia (most of the time :colgate: )

I used to stay up because I was an insomniac. I didn’t like sleep, didn’t want sleep, didn’t want anything to do with sleep. I liked the switch of mental states after being awake for a few days as well.

… and dogs yelling at you too ? O_o That must be a sooo weird feeling. I never had non-dreamish hallucinations, but it must be a weird feeling. Record for me is about of 40 hours few years ago. I got a horrible nightmare (which I can’t recall now), and I got really scared. I wanted not to fall asleep again. Next night I was not wanting to fall asleep, and I did not done so :razz:

EDIT: no, I got one, when I also was ill :razz: I came to school, there was a trip to a cinema, and I was staning during road in bus. When I came over, I felt really weak, and few seconds after it, I started to see everything in yellow O.O “wow… it must be some kind of joke done to me, every building was repainted to yellow… there will be TV in a sec, with flowers like in that show… wait… :eek:

Who the hell has actually stayed up for 6 or 7 days? were you using stimulits or something?

I’ve stayed up for 57h. Those were the last 3 days of my student exchange year in the US and the flight home. I was partying two nights in a row and couldn’t sleep during the day cuz I was too excited. When I was back home I went to bed without a word and slept for 16h. I think my parents were worried.

I submitted 4-5 days, I have a wierd thing about sleeping… I hate to waste too much of my time here, so I rarely sleep for more than 3-5 hours. But once I had to change internet and the technician would come monday from 7 to 16 a clock (yes hole day waiting!), and I just want to stay up at night to 3-4 a clock, so I just stayed up all night… But the dude didn’t come the next day - argh, so I stayed up all day and night again waiting for him to come next day - STILL didn’t come, argh, at this point I was so tired, but still I just stayed up… days went, the dude didn’t come all week. So friday I went to work, and when I was about to go home about 16 a clock, was waiting for the train, I was awake but my hole body suddenly collapsed, fell down. Ok, home to get some sleep ups :wink:

It’s been a while since I’ve gone more than 30 hours without sleep, but on occasion I’ll stay up a couple nights in a row. It doesn’t even have to be for anything special or important. :razz: If I’m doing something interesting at night, I won’t feel like stopping it 'till dawn. xD

I think my longest is a little less than three days.

New personal record: 48 hours.
And I didn’t hallucinate or anything :eh:

I’ve gone camping a week ago and stayed awake all night, I hallucinated quite a lot. I even fell asleep the next day, -home again-, while watching TV. This never happens to me, I was planning to WILD that night too =.= :sad:

Only a day…when it gets to the next morning i feel all hyper and stuff. I was at my friend’s house and we did it, and then i came home and was like “woo, i stayed up all night!” and around 9AM i fell asleep and slept until 4, messing up my sleep schedule for a couple of days. Luckily it was summer so i didn’t have school.

Who said they went without sleep for over a week?!

This is probably a bad idea, but how about a competition for who can go longest without sleep. It would have to take place sometime in the summer holidays seeing as going into school\college without any sleep is a bad idea.

I am now expecting someone to tell me a list of all the bad symptoms of getting no sleep but oh well I want to try this anyway.

The longest I’ve gone without sleep before is about 36 hours.

Yes, that does sound like a bad idea. Here’s a wikipedia article about sleep deprivation

About 39 hours.

Yeah I know, but they’re all short term if it gets too much I can just go to sleep.(Hopefully not to wake up and find that I killed my family in a psychotic rage)

Haha… symptoms include:

-weight loss
-weight gain

actually that probably due to the hypothalamus playing up.

-death

Who said all symptoms were temporary?

And the most feared:

-yawning

I also just saw on Wikipedia that the world record is either 11 or 18 days.

Haha… symptoms include:

-weight loss
-weight gain

:lol: Well, atleast it doesn’t include no net weight change :razz:

Well weight loss and weight gain are no big deal that can be sorted out by eating a load of chocolate\not eating a load of choclate.

I don’t think you could physicaly stay awake for long enough to actually die from sleep seprivation and if I found myself going mental or really ill I’d just go to sleep. I just want to see how long it takes for that kind of thing to happen, and briefly what it’s like.

34 hours. Not very impressive perhaps, but I won’t try it again anytime soon. I can barely function without atleast 6 hours of sleep a night, just think about what no sleep does to me.

20 hours. Pretty pathetic compared to many other people here, but I pride myself on getting plenty of sleep. I feel miserable and stupid with little of it, and that’s no way to go through life. If I can help it, I won’t surpass one full day without glorious sleep. :content: