LD occult? / can you bring back something to IRL? (Question)

Well, I have a question along the same lines.
Why is the site’s category “Occult”?

Sadly my school blocks occult sites.

Really? Your school sucks! What if you wanna do some research on the occult? For a school project.
Oh and… My opinion of your school is solely on this one matter ofcourse.

Lucid dreaming is more New age.

I bet the Wiccans in your school hate that :razz:.

Your school blocks ld4all saying its occult ? :rofl:

What the heck, ld4all has some kind of occuklt tag ? :confused:

And what is new age? :peek:

If only it was possible…

*sigh

there is a “tale” of two women who may still live today, who could “somnambule” at will, awake, and have materialized a book which they kept.

now the interesting part would be to read that book, would’nt you agree

…They could materialize everything they wanted but did in fact not start taking over the world, building palaces or whatever they thought would make the world better?

Undoubtedly a rather interesting tale, but the chance that one person, let alone 2 would have this power and not abuse it is in my opinion… Well, nihil.

You know… I think I like Inquisitor Bob :smile:. Reminds me of me :razz:.

If I had that power, I’d use it for… well, not world domination, but for something that would be rather (read: very) evident today. I don’t know - make the world a better place, I guess.

Can you take mental things back with you? Say, you slowed your perception of time in a dream. Can you bring that slowed perception back with you?

A narcicistic pessimist?

I spose not believing humans can live in peace with eachother, unicorns and flowers qualifies as that these days.

EDIT: Mindule, please read at least one post before asking dumb questions.

I am very much involved in the “Occult” and I think the only reason so many people like me are interested in lucid dreaming is either they are practitioners of astral travel or they usually have the very open mind that may lead them to lucid dreaming. I was lead to lucid dreaming from references to lucid dreaming in occult literature. :smile:

Well, I’m not quite sure. What exactly do you mean by “slowed perception”?

“Bringing something mental back” though, does make a good point. If you learn a good lesson or conquer a fear, you’ll definitely bring that knowledge/state of mind/etc back. :content:

He wants to slow time…

Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous but it’s the only coherent meaning I could get from his post.

As a matter of fact, I read this entire topic. And it seems to be about bringing physical objects back into the real world, which is of course silly. Now, assuming that dreams occur at least partially in your own mind, is it ridiculous to say that you can’t affect your own mind while in a dream, and have that same effect be apparent when you are awake? Is that so far-fetched?

And, no, I said nothing about slowing time. That’s impossible. Our perception of time, however, can be slowed, as is apparent by numerous ‘near death’ experiences where people have reported that everything passes incredibly slowly in front of their eyes.

Please think about what you’re going to type before you insult me.

Yeah Inquisitor…what do you think he is, a heretic?

In any case, I would agree with the Inquisitor. If one could take anything from dreams, New York would’ve been nuked by terrorists long time ago :wink:

Plus I would use it to dominate the world! :razz:

The way you experience time is by the frequency of thought processes, speeding up time would involve making your brain work faster.

I have no doubt that human brains might be able to be slightly increased in… Let’s call it brain hertz, however, just like overclocking your pc might fry the processor, I have no doubt that something similar is possible with our brains.

This involves manipulation through such a degree that probably only evolution can do the trick (if you believe in it).

what if whom dominates the world now does such things

…Yeah, and rabbits can fly while we’re not looking.

perhaps you are not looking at all