The BIG meditation as a LD Aid topic

okay7 i am not sure what you mean at all

you don’t want to lose bad habits? When you meditate it does not dramatically force you to go “oh now i will never ever watch tv again” it will just naturally make you aware and mindful of what television does to your brain so you can learn on your own and think for yourself. instead of letting other people control your life, which they do.

so then the deicsion will be yours if you want to quit tv or not.

it is an upward hill to incredible peace that is depdenent upon no condition. it is just peace and it is there for you to enjoy. there is no reason NOT to meditate…

why are you afraid of losing bad habits? This is the one very single reason people meditate, so they can be happier, and bad habits do not make you happy. Most all of existence makes us suffer becuase we are ignorant of how to use our minds and how to spend our time, so we are sucked into activities that drain us and make us very unhappy and bored and incapable of feeling peace and joy.

if you meditate a lot it will just make you more mindful and rational and sane and normal and happy and then that will change your habits but, you are the one making the decisions for yourself.

it is like all your life a crazy rabbit has been yelling in your ears and you get so used to it you never hear the noise. then one day you shut the rabbit up and can finally think clearly and make your own decisions again.

thanks for big reply holy reality

just i have feeling that i will loose it… also i must take more time to know the mind, feelings…

Meditaion is defenitly good to work on. I tried it for about a week, and seemed to reach initial enlightenment and it’s pretty sweet. the practice also makes WILD easy- atleast the concentration part.

initial enlightenment… :happy: lol duude no wai…
there is no initial enlightenment… no second enlightenment… no third… either you are, or you are not.

lol- i got my info from wikipedia

so wikipedia maybe wrong… :smile:

probaly. you can just go and edit anything you want on it- thats what wiki means.

Hey there :smile:
I don’t see meditation as a way to attain lucidity, it’s more like a lifestyle, a discipline to keep you aware (In everyday life, and while sleeping). The point of meditation is not sitting still and concetraiting (This is called concentration or relaxation) but to be in a meditating state all day long -Simply beeing one with life and everything surrounding you-. You can be in meditation without sitting still at all.
Once you are in meditation, you will see your LD increase (Because you will allways be aware) , and you will have more and more psychic abilities. You’ll also realise that what we call physicall reality is in fact a deeper dream that we create. But that’s not the point. These are the side effects to show you that you’re becoming aware.
The techniques that could induct LD that you’ve been talking about are concentration and relaxation. It’s for me a verry effective technique. I had my first LD ever after a relaxation, it was an amazing, peaceful dream. It also improves your dream recall and make you feel better in every day life. It doesn’t work everytime thaugh but it’s worth a try :smile:
Peace.

Empty-mind or relaxation meditation never changed any of my dreaming, lucid or otherwise. I tried alpha / theta wave feedback and it didn’t change my dreaming either.

But, I guess if you try concentration meditation, with a common dreamsign as a focal point, that might improve the chances of LDing.

same here.
I can do empty-minded pretty good, but how could I use this to become lucid from a dream, or LD some other way?

I used to do Mantak Chia’s version of the Microcosmic Orbit when I lived in New Zealand. 30 min first thing in the morning, and 30 min before bed. I had awesome results with lucid dreaming without even really being into it. I read later that Kundalini (Sexual Energy sublimating to Spiritual Essence) really boosts the dream awareness and “charges” up the dreambody. Pretty cool.

Oh also I wasn’t working, no significant other, and no worries as they say in NZ. When I got back home and had to work again that all changed and no more consistent LD. Oh well.

-100% steak churro

You mean that sexual energy gets transformed into lucid awareness with that meditation?

Moinsy holds nail, aims hammer, swings…DING!

check out the book it explains it so much better than I could. even better do the meditation if you’re really curious and…

SEE what HAPPENS!

-cheesecube blessings

Allright, thanks. :content: I´ll search the net for that meditation. :happy:

try searching for the aliun meditation.

Does anyone also know a basic meditation to begin with? That is because I yet have never meditated! :grin:

hey M styles,

i chose the meditation i do at the moment (not Mantak) because at a certain point in my life i realized i was way too serious! so the med i do now helps remind to relax and be amused.

you might want to look at what you want to experience in your daily life and choose a med based on that. there’s so much out there with so many different results, for me it’s about how is it going to help me get what i really want?

hope that helps. i found my meditation by total chance, i feel lucky. heck, you may not even need to meditate, an enlightened guy like you!

-sore, then soar

ill search for a basic one

I think found a good link

consciousdreaming.com/lucid- … -dream.htm

Thanks. :happy:

And Kind´rgart´n (well, atleast I trie to come up with a nick name variation :tongue:), I have something like that too. I was way too serious and organizing. Way too. But lately it is all changing and I´m getting really loose and relaxed. A meditation aiding this progress would be nice. Do you know a nice meditation?