induce false awakenings to get many ld's

Every night when i wake up i do a reality check and im sure many others do too! Is there someway to get fa’s on purpose besides incubation?

I go to sleep telling myself ‘Remember RC’s’ and ‘Remember Dreams’ over and over and over.

I don’t know if everyone is like this, but I get FA’s all the time, I think they are my ticket into having LD’s even more often then I do. I usually have them because my brain wont be quiet though. I actually lose sleep over it because I am constantly asking myself if I’m asleep.

So basic reality checks when you wake up and through the day should be fine. When you do them really question if you are asleep or not.

Oh yea, watch for symtoms of you falling asleep. Every time I fall asleep it feels like my entire body or a part of my body is swaying and moving. When this happens I tell myself ‘I am asleep’ and on those nights I usually have a LD.

Goodluck! ^^

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to execute a RC when I wake up for real and therefore FA I am occasionally getting won’t make me lucid - arrgh. Just today I woke up from FA at the point I got to a railway station in my dream (I commute to work by train).

-NL

I wonder if it would be helpful to, throughout the day, pretend to “wake up” on occasion? Just kind of mentally imagine that you are in a dream and are gonna wake up, in addition to your RCs. Keep doing this and maybe you actually will wake up, but then realize you actually didn’t. And then you’re dreaming.

Or have an RC of “Can I feel my sleeping body?”

I like mental RCs.

Recently I discovered quite funny way of making your RCs a bit more interesting. Namely, I sometimes pretend that my RC failed when it actually didn’t. That is, I try to imagine the feeling of realising the fact that I’m dreaming (when of course I am not). I believe this might help me in getting used to that feeling and not screwing up most of the DILD’s by waking up due to excitement.

I have only had two LD 's so far(they both sucked ass dazed & confused) and they were both FA 's and I did an RC.

That is a symptom of being asleep!?!?!?!?

That happens to me all the time, and I enjoy it and think about other things and keep myself swaying and think, but then I decide that the swaying is getting annoying so I turn over!

I used to use FA’s as a way to get loads and loads of LD’s. 'twas cool.

Doing frequent reality checks-- especially for the first few minutes you wake up is very important to catch yourself in your next FA.

I’m not quite sure about a way to induce FA’s, or to make yourself have them more often-- but you can always try visualizing your dream so you can actually dream it (VILD). :confused: If you succeed, and do a reality check when you dream of that FA, then you’ll pro’lly get lucid for sure. :wink:

Good luck. :smile: