The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

Yes, sounds like HI to me.

For the Lurker and one_winged_angel. Quick flashes of dreams are ether HI, which can also have other types of HH such as auditory i.e. sound, or they might be the start of dreams that end abruptly when you focus on them too much. Ether way, they are a sign that you are very close with WILD. :content:

For frekinrican. The old hag is not very common. It is related a bit with WILD because you remain aware as you go through the transition from awake to sleep when doing WILD. The old hag was well known long before WILD was. Most people who have the old hag, do it when waking up. It is not directly related to LD’ing.
As I said the problem with WILD is that you remain aware durring the transition from awake to sleep. What happens is that you can then see, hear and feel things from the real world and from the dream world. Your mind trys to make something understandable out of all that information, and puts together what it can. It can be scarry, or it can be funny. That depends on you. :neutral: If you expect it to be very scarry, then it will be, if you expect it to be funny, then it will be funny.
Fact is, if you have never had the old hag so far in your life, then chances are good that you will not have it even if you do WILD. I have never had it, and I have had a lot of time both before and after doing WILD.
don

The short answer is “yes”, as in all of the above. :content:
The somewhat longer answer is that it depends on you.
Some people can “leave their body” when they have the vibrations. They float up out of it, or roll out of it, etc. Others never get vibrations. :eh:
Some people can enter the HI when it gets compleat enough, or they can reach out and grasp something in the HI to enter the dream. Others wake up when they try that.
I personaly can’t do ether of thoes. I just have to wait. At some point, I have a short blackout, then I am in a dream. I always have this short blackout when I do WILD, it is only a second, but it is always there. In the dream, I always know that I am dreaming as soon as it starts.
So the bottom line is that you have to try different things until you find what works for you. :bored:
don

On the same night I wrote about in my last post here, I started remembering my friends and i found a rolling cart thing and we rode on it with someone else pushing it. I remembered that and focused on it as i did WILD so I started feeling that I was in it again.

I knew I was in my bed and flat but I felt that I was being carted around the room again and felt myself going from my starting position and going up into a more slanted position like the cart thing. I then felt that my body and head was vibrating, what was that?

Hi i’m new to WILD ing and have being trying it without WBTB with no success.
Could anyone give me a detailed explanation on what happens while using the Wild technique
thanks.

WILDing with music?

Does WILDing with music on interfere with the WILDing process?

The music might keep you from falling asleep.
You should try for yourself and see if it works for you.

Music does not normally inhibit sleep, so it shouldn’t be a problem?

erm… :confused:
i used the WILD way, and i didnt feel numb or anything. i just felt like i was sinking out of my body, then i had a LD

I’ve been trying WILD the last couple of days with the Lucid Induction MP3. I must say this technique with WILD and music really helps me get into the HI-stage. The last couple of nights I’ve been listening to that MP3 while semi-concentrating on the music in my ears, so that I would remain somewhat conscious. After a little while I start getting dreamimages and very short dreams, often as a result of VILD, that the images I imagine actually become a small dream and the dream starts to carry itself out without me forcing it to carry on. But I’ve only tried this without WBTB, but I’m gonna try this VILD-technique with music and WBTB tonight and see how it goes.

ah. were can i get this mp3

I believe he means:

phoensnd.com/LucidRemix.mp3

I was trying to WILD.

i did a relaxation exercise, then concentrated on breathing.
After a while, i reached a really wierd state. I began to feel wierd feelings, my thoughts became distorted. Then i felt like i was drifting into darkness…but i never did. What was i supposed to do? i felt like i was soooo close…

Did you hear/see/feel anything unusual?

You would probably reach the hypnagogic state if you did something to prevent you from falling asleep, like the Monroe trick. All you have to do, is to lean one of your arms up the wall, and relax. If you’re falling asleep the hand will fall down and cause you to awake. You just have to continue to do this until you’ve reached the HHs :smile:

I didnt feel or see anything, but i felt ALOT of wierd stuff.

Idk if i’ll get warned, but my, uh…dick reacted in a pretty wierd way, too.

Felt more like an OOBE though, and i dont want one of those right now.

Well I have been try to LD for several weeks now with no success…I usually do the method where Im trying keep my mind awake and goin 1…Im dreaming…2…Im dreaming etc etc…so anyways this goes on for several minutes and I usually stare like…into my eyelids and its got weird colors alot of the time and sometimes it doesnt…it comes and goes. So after a while I get this spinning feeling…like im spinning around in my bed…sometimes its intense and sometimes its not bad. My big question is…am I close or does the spinning have nothing to do with anything?

Usually I lay on my back when I try this. On my side I just drift off without anything at somepoint. For somereason I never have any luck with WBTB either.

Usually after I get to the spinning part it will change into something else. Like I’m falling straight backwards or forwards, then if i focus on it I’m in a dream.

Alternately I get startled and it wakes me up. So yes you are very close if you get that spinning sensation.

Sometimes I try to focus on it and nothing comes about. Usually for some goofy reason if I’m REALLY close like my leg will twitch or something.

I will have to try and let the spinning go this time for a long time.

If you don’t do this with WBTB, when do you do it? I don’t like WBTB…

I tend to enter a lucid dream about ten seconds after the spinning begins, so it sounds like you’re close.