The First Steps to WILD (for all basic WILD related Q&A)

On the same night I wrote about in my last post here, I started remembering my friends and i found a rolling cart thing and we rode on it with someone else pushing it. I remembered that and focused on it as i did WILD so I started feeling that I was in it again.

I knew I was in my bed and flat but I felt that I was being carted around the room again and felt myself going from my starting position and going up into a more slanted position like the cart thing. I then felt that my body and head was vibrating, what was that?

Hi i’m new to WILD ing and have being trying it without WBTB with no success.
Could anyone give me a detailed explanation on what happens while using the Wild technique
thanks.

WILDing with music?

Does WILDing with music on interfere with the WILDing process?

The music might keep you from falling asleep.
You should try for yourself and see if it works for you.

Music does not normally inhibit sleep, so it shouldn’t be a problem?

erm… :confused:
i used the WILD way, and i didnt feel numb or anything. i just felt like i was sinking out of my body, then i had a LD

I’ve been trying WILD the last couple of days with the Lucid Induction MP3. I must say this technique with WILD and music really helps me get into the HI-stage. The last couple of nights I’ve been listening to that MP3 while semi-concentrating on the music in my ears, so that I would remain somewhat conscious. After a little while I start getting dreamimages and very short dreams, often as a result of VILD, that the images I imagine actually become a small dream and the dream starts to carry itself out without me forcing it to carry on. But I’ve only tried this without WBTB, but I’m gonna try this VILD-technique with music and WBTB tonight and see how it goes.

ah. were can i get this mp3

I believe he means:

phoensnd.com/LucidRemix.mp3

I was trying to WILD.

i did a relaxation exercise, then concentrated on breathing.
After a while, i reached a really wierd state. I began to feel wierd feelings, my thoughts became distorted. Then i felt like i was drifting into darkness…but i never did. What was i supposed to do? i felt like i was soooo close…

Did you hear/see/feel anything unusual?

You would probably reach the hypnagogic state if you did something to prevent you from falling asleep, like the Monroe trick. All you have to do, is to lean one of your arms up the wall, and relax. If you’re falling asleep the hand will fall down and cause you to awake. You just have to continue to do this until you’ve reached the HHs :smile:

I didnt feel or see anything, but i felt ALOT of wierd stuff.

Idk if i’ll get warned, but my, uh…dick reacted in a pretty wierd way, too.

Felt more like an OOBE though, and i dont want one of those right now.

Well I have been try to LD for several weeks now with no success…I usually do the method where Im trying keep my mind awake and goin 1…Im dreaming…2…Im dreaming etc etc…so anyways this goes on for several minutes and I usually stare like…into my eyelids and its got weird colors alot of the time and sometimes it doesnt…it comes and goes. So after a while I get this spinning feeling…like im spinning around in my bed…sometimes its intense and sometimes its not bad. My big question is…am I close or does the spinning have nothing to do with anything?

Usually I lay on my back when I try this. On my side I just drift off without anything at somepoint. For somereason I never have any luck with WBTB either.

Usually after I get to the spinning part it will change into something else. Like I’m falling straight backwards or forwards, then if i focus on it I’m in a dream.

Alternately I get startled and it wakes me up. So yes you are very close if you get that spinning sensation.

Sometimes I try to focus on it and nothing comes about. Usually for some goofy reason if I’m REALLY close like my leg will twitch or something.

I will have to try and let the spinning go this time for a long time.

If you don’t do this with WBTB, when do you do it? I don’t like WBTB…

I tend to enter a lucid dream about ten seconds after the spinning begins, so it sounds like you’re close.

I do this right when im going to sleep.

Yeah I can never do WBTB…I can never fall back to sleep once I try. Maybe I will just have to keep on trying the WBTB or focusing more on the spinning. I get very close sometimes then I just come out of it.

Before you go to sleep?

Well, you have no rem period during that stage, so no dream will arise. Think it might be best to try it during a REM period or in an afternoon nap.

[b]I try the WILD combined with MILD technique when I go to bed, which is around 2am for me. Anyways. I never even seem to get to the part where I feel heavy and everything is numb and stuff. Should I just keep my mind endlessly focused until this happens? My problem seems to be I lose track of what I am doing and just fall asleep and have a ND

I have another question, since you are concious during this entire endeavor, once the lucid dream begins, are you concious during this too, or do you somehow pass out at some point between the numb and falling feeling and the dream itself? I’m afraid that I will still be conscious and will somehow end my own dream once I obtain it.[/b]