Using writing to get lucid

Yes, I’ve heard of this technique before, only without writing it so many times. I think that is the part that works very well though, 50 times will really get it to sink in.

I’ll try it and see where it gets me.

Think about when you had to write lines in school. When finished, didn’t that line just keep droning in your head?

Yeah, this should be something like that. And if it is, I fully expect success.

That was a great comparison, Valek! :happy: I don’t think it could have been phrased better. :yes:

I tried this last night and it didn’t work.

Also, the poster may want to try writing “I WILL HAVE A NORMAL DREAM TONIGHT” instead.

You may want to try it for three days in a row. I have personally found that for some reason it can take 3 days before my subconscious absorbs a message. Also, I read something along similar lines in a recent lucid dreaming article I read. Perhaps the subconscious reaches some sort of saturation point and finally relents - either way, I’d try for at least thee days before throwing in the towel.

In a row… oops i did two in a row and then waited a day or two and then did it again. I stopped cuz it hurt my hand.

this technique is pretty awesome! it gave me a LD last night! :grin:

EDIT: also what i do is after each time i right it i do a RC

Edited in double post, please use edit instead of double posting :dragon:

I have a question, I now have something to have a normal dream every night,
so that’s one good thing already but nothing else.

If I use this technique for a couple of days will it work once or more or something?
Because I didn’t used any other technique actually :razz:

things like this usually don’t work with me. But I’ve decided to try it out anyway since it seems to be very simple and doesn’t require me to wake up in the middle of the night. But just to be sure this actually goes into my head I’m going to write closer to 150 lines a day :razz:

50 lines on the computer during the day.
50 lines on the computer 30 minutes before sleep.
50 lines by hand 10 minutes before sleep.

And then repeating it in my head as I fall into sleep.

That should keep it from falling out. I’ll try it for about a week or so.

I’ll try for a couple of days. Is it recommended to do it on paper or a computer? I think I’ll experiment with that a little.

I don’t think there’s a bigger difference between analog and digital writing. You could always do a little of both. Or as you say, experiment to find what fits you best.

I’ll try this tonight! :smile:

I just saw

Write a line and then a reality check,
but how can you fall asleep just in 1 second!
???

How can it be possible :confused:

Another question,
If I use this method do I have to do anything else to get Lucid?

I’ll try this one last time tonight…

How long did it take for you to get success with this technique, KragonV?

Heh, having the ability to perform a reality check doesn’t mean that you’re slumbering. It just means that you’re performing some sort of action that will ‘succeed’ if you are truly visuallizing reality(‘in’ reality) at that instant or otherwise result in something ‘unnatural’ occuring.

Computer writing should work, so long as you don’t ctrl-c the sentence over and over again. :tongue:

I don’t think this method ever worked for me, but it won’t hurt if I do it again tonight.

I think this will work. Ima try this out, but not 50 lines. Maybe 10 good intent lines.

I actually did this just last week during the spare time after my chem test. I had a lucid the day after. so I don’t know if it’s coincidence, or if it truly did work. I should (and will) try it more.