Hypnagogic hallucinations?

I tried to WILD dozens of times but was quiet unsuccessful due to the fact I never reached a “middle stage” between wakefulness and sleep - SP, HI or something else that would indicate I’m reaching the point of losing consciousness.
The point is that I succeeded WILDing a couple of times, in those my state just shifted instantly for wakefulness to sleeping.
So my question - is it possible that my mind just skip this state? that I just don’t have it?
Is there anyone else that just never get to this state?

Maybe what your doing isn’t strictly a WILD. Maybe your falling asleep before you reach the hypnagogic stage but your so focused on your intention on lucid dreaming that you’re entering a MILD instead?
That said, I don’t really have enough experience with WILD to give you a conclusive answer, but I’d say that as long as you’re succeeding sometimes it doesn’t matter what induction technique you use, or how the technique works.

From what I’ve read in this very website, it is indeed possible to not feel the HH’s and get straight to the dream, although it looks more like you’re falling asleep before anything ever happens. Different people dream differently, so while some have the abstract trip of their lifetimes during their HH’s, other people might not have them at all.

WILD can take a long time to achieve, even once. I have been LD’ing for over 2 years now and have not yet had a single WILD. I suggest you keep practicing WILD on the side, but keep your focus on MILD or some other dream induced technique. I see the ability of obtaining regular WILD’s as something that will need to be cultivated over the period of a number of years.

It is quite possible to go directly from awake to asleep without having any SP or HH. It just depends on how well your SP is synced to your sleep, and how fast you fall asleep once you get to the point that you could have HH.
I have had a number of WILD’s but have never experienced SP, I have also never experienced SP when waking up. My SP and REM seems to be so well synchronized that I never have SP when I am not in REM/dreaming. That means that I never experience it while I am still aware enough to feel it.
I do have HH, sometimes a lot of it. That is because when I do WILD, or just go to sleep, it takes a long time before I fall asleep. Even when I do WBTB, it takes at least 15 to 30 mins. before I fall asleep. During that time, I have HH.
You might also be expecting too much from HI. It can just be spots, or patterns. It does not have to be like a movie. It can be very simple.
don