Guitar thread

I have noticed loads of guitar threads on LD4all recently… well good, GUITARS ROCK!!

and form what I’ve seen you’re decent, about the same level as me. And I like for shawna, mostly because I appreciate how darn hard it is to write something decent.

I was on and off for a bit wnvoss, but after a little bit I’m now really into it, play like 20+ hours a week… or something

but street spirit by radiohead = one of the greatest songs ever . Did you know Ed O’brien actually wrote the main riff?!

thanks a lot dude! that’s pretty much the only thing i wrote. i try writing sometimes but it just doesn’t cut it or flow like that song.

yeah, I can write pretty good little riffs, but when I try to expand it into a song, it gets way harder, it has to flow into each piece.

I’m learning how to play guitar :wink: I have a yamaha acoustic and I’m always entertained trying to learn new songs.

I can play ‘Collide’ by Howie Day (It’s pretty easy for beginners! :content: ) and I know the intro to ‘Far Away’ from Nickelback. I’ve only been playing for about…a year and a half, so I"m not very advanced…

I’ve been trying to learn ‘Colors’ by Coldplay, but that’s kind of over my head at the moment. What are some good songs for beginners to play on guitar?

you like Nirvana? their songs are pretty simple and easy to play. that’s what i started on!

everybody learn Hyper Chondriac Music by Muse! It sounds awesome on an acoustic and an electric, and is very simple to play, only 3 chords!

What type of strings do you guys like? At the moment I’m using nickleplated steel, set of 9 to 42, but I like the sound of stainless steel stinrgs better, maybe a higher gauge as I keep breaking the B string! Yeah but the brighter sound of stainless steel strings would go well with my telecaster… that is coming soon.

ok moogle, thanks!

guitar pro is a great program! in it you can play a lot of midi tabulatures and write your own! when i make a song i first write it in there to see how it all clicks together! so try it out!!! i dont want this to sound like a promotion and mods feel free to delete my post if you find it unapropriate!!!

no, I wanted to try that, but it only lasts for like 14 days when it’s free… and I can’t be bothered to buy it!!

no you can find one that lasts longer or ask some of your friends to get it for you cause i find it very useful. the sound that it plays is MIDI but it is ok to get the main idea and when you play made tabs on it you learn to play the song fast cause the beat is correct and stuff like that… try it out…

I have the old version of guitar pro. I’ve found it useful for creating backing tracks. my pc has a pretty good midi plugin so it sounds a bit better than normal midi.

I used to have that exact same guitar :cool:

As for me, I used to practice quite a bit, but once I went to college and started working I found I almost stopped playing altogether. Lately I’ve been trying to get back into a regular practice routine. I mostly play finger exercises and scales to build the strength in my hands back up. I also learn the odd song here and there :smile:

I’ve started a youtube thingy with some riffs I’ve created.

we should make a youtube group: Lucid musicians!

one of the first songs i learned to play was stairway to heaven! lol it took a little while but i got the hang of it. am i any good if i can play most of master of puppets - metallica? just curious. my friends say im really good but i know im not lol

I would love to be able to play guitar, it’s a great instrument. I’ve been thinking about learning to play, but haven’t had the time or energy for it so far. :sad:

Speaking of youtube videos though, If anyone hasn’t seen Andy Mckee’s clips, I suggest you do. they’re quite amazing :happy:
Here’s an example of him playing Africa by Toto: Africa

yay my telecaster is coming on Wednesday! YAY! I know it’s stupid, but I like the way the lead goes in the side instead of the front… and the control knobs. ALL HEIL the tele control knobs!
Can we use bullet end strings in a tele?
Ball end and bullet end?

please say something! someone!

yes we can put bullet ends in a tele! teletelETELETELE!!!

WOO hoO!!

Depends how well you can play it.
I’ve been Playing 3 years with a teacher and can play all of it, some of it a bit Badly. How much of it can you play and do you play the first minutes of it Downstrokes and at speed?