Playing God: What Would Godhood Be Like Anyway?

Hey guys :wave: Interested in the topic? Check the whole opinion out HERE

I liked the idea, although I may not totally agree with the person’s view on this. Still, there are a few points that were very nicely expressed…particularly the last parts touching just a bit on God :hmmm:

I wanna get some of your opinions on the whole subject, though. Personally, I don’t think I’d ever get bored of something like that–how could I when I have the power of infinity at my fingertips :wink: When I imagine the possibilities, and the fact that given eternity and infinite things to happen and be experienced my adventure would never be over, “boredom” doesn’t even come across as probable (despite the paradox some of you may have noticed :content:).

Just in case though, I’d probably give myself short-term memory amnesia–that way, every experience would always be new to me :grin: I’d never get anywhere, probably :unsure: But I could at least have fun in my own nescience (that’s why ignorance is bliss :good: ).

So what about you guys :eh:

hmm, if you had control over everything wouldn’t that spoil the fun of the random things the dream characters do or the weird places you end up in dreams? i don’t want to consciously control those characters (well, i do control them to an extent because they’re a figment of my imagination but still…)
it’s like that old analogy of the happiness machine/pill… you’d eventually get used to it
i don’t really think it’s possible to really control everything (there are accounts in which the subconscious fights to take back control)
and furthermore hypothetically speaking if someone was to have these god-like powers then they’d get too attached to the dreamscape and they could quite possibly go crazy psycho ( not crazy-sexy-cool but still crazy lol)
haha that’s just my opinion though
edit: oh and i don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way or anything but do you think God just got bored one day and was like, “Let there be light!” :tongue:

hm… I think it would be cool. Sounds fun. but lol at my rate I wont ever be God. lol

I think one of the reason I haven’t been lding as much to though is because of what raethin just mentioned. I also like seeing where I would go in dreams or what they are trying to tell me. But I like to ld because (almost) everything goes my way :content: hehe… yep

I could always try to be a God but I think that will take awhile for me to get to. I will try tonight :happy:

Interesting you meantioned that, Raeth :content: I had a recent dream where I really got into it with my subconscious :lol: Best LD fight I ever had :good:

:lol: I dunno…I’m still trying to figure out if there is a god :wink: Sounds like something I’d do if I got bored as a god, though :smile:

And Sarah…it’s “goddess,” dear :wink: You’d make a fine goddess :ok: Just make sure there’s plenty of pizza :grin:

lol… thats all there will b e to eat! AH!

Yep Goddess lol :tongue:

Raethin24 wrote:
edit: oh and i don’t want anyone to take this the wrong way or anything but do you think God just got bored one day and was like, “Let there be light!”

lol maybe he did say that Raeth :razz: :tongue: :razz:

Well Huey. It would be rather like being the author of a book. You would create the people, give them back stories, make them who they are.

Chose when they live and die, how their life goes. Or you could give the people free-will and just play with certain events to see how they might deal with them.

like one of those play-novel games
And those are like the most boring, pointless things on the face of the planet.

That is actually my religon. I believe that when we die, we become god of our own universe. It’s so simple! It explains the world’s imperfections, (Or gaping problems) and has spirtuality! You become omnipotent, and omnipresent. You can also visit other people’s universes. The ultimate end. It would be awesome.

(Wow that was off topic.)

Shatterspike1, so are you saying that we’re the God of a separate universe or the one that we’re currently in? i’m confused (as always haha)

What religon are you? We believe somwhat of that. lol… but I don’t really care what they believe I was just wondering if we were in the same religon.

Mohegan, I see your point on that but It’s still a bit different when It’s in a dream. It’s not like you have to be SUPER creative like you do in a book. hm idk O_o

I guess God had Writer’s Block with us then, huh :neutral:

What would that be :uh: Creator’s Block? God’s Block? Omniblock :confused:

Ah, but yes…I guess it works along those lines, Mo :hmmm: Just at an infinitely higher level. If I was anything like a god, though, I think I’d give 'em free-will and just do random things to mess with 'em…ya know, let 'em establish their laws of physics, then do something that totally contradicts them–like turn gravity into gravy one day and have everyone see what it’s really like to have ALL of their prayers answered and wishes fulfilled the next. I would even like to have some scientist guy vehemently dispute spontaneous human combustion and then have him pop into confetti right in front of everyone :grin:
All in all, I’d give 'em free will, but I would definitely NOT be a casual observer :sly: I want to get in on some of the fun, too :good: The ULTIMATE RPG :woot: I’d have UFOs make package deliveries like UPS, and Bigfoot would be a ringling brother at Barnum and Bailey’s :ebil:

Then when I’m done totally throwing the universe into chaos one day at a time, I’d hold it up and shake it all away like an Etch-A-Sketch and start over :content:

(Of course all those people will go somewhere :unsure: I’ll probably make them gods and goddesses, too :uh: Yeah…lead my own God Mod campaign, themed around Alice In Wonderland characters…play with the worlds without interference :plotting: ).

:lol:

Isn’t the religion where you get your own planet or something called Mormonism :unsure:

Anyway, who wants to tour my universe first :happy:

My religon is my own. I made it up.

Ah :smile: Best religion you could commit to, IMO :good: That’s kinda what I’m trying to do, not so much form my own religion…just find out what I really have “faith” in.
So far, I like the stuff quantum mechanics proposes and the entire LD afterlife idea :happy:

It sounds like a plausible afterlife :hmmm: I guess it would be like God saying–after we’ve all died and are resurrected or whatever–“You think you can do better? Fine–have fun!”
And then we just all go off and start being godly…maybe even have a few laughs–collaborate on worlds–collect 'em…trade 'em…

Playing dice with the universe :cloud9:

If we all became a God of our own universe, which would be cool, wouldn’t there be trillions of Universes?

Maybe…I mean, there might be a buncha people who have no desire to be godly, but just to reincarnate…or even just not exist :uh:

But, no doubt, there will be a countless amount of universes…infinitely many, hk :yes: That should keep us occupied for a while :unsure:

I love that analogy! Nice one, Mohegan.

As I see it, if Lord Acton was right in saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely, God must be one corrupt diety. If there is a God, hypothetically speaking. :wink:

:happy: Count me in! :rofl: I’d love to see that!

/me :rip: from :lol:

Now you’ve ruined whatever chance I had to make my own points; this post is already ruined. :roll: