LD in a dream

In my opinion it was

• lucid
  • false lucid
  • don’t know

0 voters

Well I think the title says it all. I had a lucid dream inside of a dream. It felt very lucid, and I stuck my hand through a wall and lowered gravity :grin:. It felt like my ND was the real world, and my lucid dream was a dream in there. When I woke up from the LD, still in the ND, that was a false awakening. Then I awoke for real.

Is this considered a lucid dream? Can I count this in my sig?

Slinger

I’d personally say that is should count as LD, you did knew you were dreaming.

But this is discussable topic, alternative definion of false lucid dream in LD4all is :

. But IMO you were lucid, because you knew that you were dreaming right in moment.

So, it’s for sure concidered. But it’s not sure a LD. I’d say it was a LD after all.

@Li10

Well, he DID know that he was dreaming so it does fits in LD. As long there is lucidicy, the dream is lucid.

Well I dunno anymore.

Hmm…Well at the exact moment I was LDing, I knew perfectly well that I was in a lucid dream. Would it matter if there is another dream nested outside of it?

Results so far:
Yay: 1
Nay 1

Hmm…I’ll wait for a few more opinios :smile:

Slinger

I would say it was lucid … you had the awareness of being lucid not just going through the motions.

i’ll make a poll for you :thumbs:

I don’t think it was, because I had one like that, apart from it wasn’t me having an LD in a dream, I was dreaming of being lucid. But it wasn’t a lucid dream, I know. I didn’t have any control, I just went with the flow even though I knew I was dreaming.

ah but slinger wrote

and

you Li10 are basing your opinion on the false LD that you experienced :wink:

I say lucid but it’s a hard decision

GARGH!! It’s too hard!

Well I am sort of basing it on that, Moogle, but also…

isn’t everything in dreams fake? As in, not real, not waking life? Well then wouldn’t the LD he had in the dream be fake? Like how you never actually out your hands through walls or flew?

I have had a LD like that :yes: I say it’s LD, since you were aware you were dreaming (like moogle also pointed out).

You can also call this a lucid meta dream. I believe the definition is in the LD4all dictionary topic too. pokes duck

What if you realize your having an FLD? Do you get double lucidity? :razz:

If you knew you were LDing then why did you go to sleep?

Oh, I think you misunderstood me. I was not lucid in my dream, and then I had a dream inside of that dream which I became lucid. I was fully aware I was in a dream and did some things, but when I woke up, still in the first dream, I though that was reality.

Thanks for all your opinions. So far most people voted “lucid” so I guess I will add one to my sig. Thanks for your help.

Slinger

oh, then I still agree with my previous vote. Lucid.

I would also go with it being an LD. If you had an ND in an ND everyone would agree that it was an ND, so why would an LD in an ND not be an LD?
Like Moggle said, you knew that you were dreaming, so it was an LD. I think that we can argue over how lucid you were, but the fact that you knew that you were dreaming means that you were lucid.
don

I think that argument is a bit flawed. An LD in an ND would not be an LD, because you don’t realise where your real body is. You think it is awake, but awake is still a dream.

I was thinking about Lucid Meta Dream (LMD) too, but that would mean that you would have to fall asleep in your dream as well. :content:

LMD: You have a dream inside your dream and in this second dream you become lucid, but still think the one who fall asleep in the dream is the normal ‘waking’ you.

edit: I do believe it was a lucid dream, just to make it clear.

Little technicalities. There are no such things as dreams within dreams, they are what happens after you dream that you go to sleep. It is still the same dream. Like in a movie when someone goes to sleep and then there is a dream sequence. And being lucid is about knowing in the moment that you are dreaming. You may not pay attention to the fact that the previous part of the dream was not reality. Just like in a normal dream you can remember a prevíous part and know that it was a dream but not become lucid in the moment.
As for the argument that you’re not aware whre your body is, that’s irrellevant, being lucid is about being aware of the dream.