[software] Paradiso - PDF Available

Wow, I’m liking these dreamscapes. Making it a bit hard to choose which one is the best :eek: . Perhaps all of them are the best? :wink:

Anyway, for those of you who don’t know, you still have 24 hours to type up your own version of the ideal dreamscape, and as you may or may not know, the winner will get a reserved spot on the Paradiso Testing Crew.

For those of you who would like to register in a different way, or perhaps increase your chances of being a tester, I have just uploaded the registration form. This is pretty identical to Infinity’s, and once again, I apologize in advance for the annoying advertisements. I cannot do anything about them, for I’m hosting this on a free server. I would change servers, but this is the only one that allows for php, so I’m sticking with it for now :tongue: ( which may not be much longer… ).

Anyway, here is the link to the Paradiso Tester Registration form:

EDIT: Link taken out, tester registration is over.

Good luck! ( to both the contestants and the form submitters! )

ben you said it was the Infinity registration form not the Paradiso one!! Just thought I’d say that before anyone got confused… I know it’s Paradiso though because the link!!

form Submittified!

lol woops. It’s been a long Easter Sunday… Thanks for that catch :content:

no problem. I’ve submitted… well I did before I did that last post, not that it really matters… I do go on a bit.

I submitted my form, but I don’t see why. Everyone knows I have the best dreamscape. :tongue:

bite me, wyrmfell :content:

Although it kinda sucks to judge them… considering they are all in completly different time eras >.<

Not only that. Each one had its advantages and disadvantages. Yours is an epic dreamscape, with various factions on a huge landscape. Limitless adventure awaits, with good and evil fighting in epic battles yada yada yada.

Mine is a fulfillment dreamscape. The whole goal of it was that anyone experiencing it would spend the whole time thinking “Holy crap this is awesome!”. With a full-enviroment simulation as well as all the spaceships, mine is all about earning cool points.

Rodrigo’s is an enlightenment dreamscape. One goes there to explore deeper into the self, as well as hopefully learn more about the universe. It is a peacful and serene place, free from the turmoil of waking life. Fun can still be had here though, at the battledome.

…I’ve way overthought this.

i’m telling ya!

The only way for this to work is to connect em

I totally didn’t miss registration this time.

Yeah Wyrmfell and TheRealJollyRoger, I agree that all of the dreamscapes are awesome and have their own specialty, but I’m afraid only one wins the “best of” prize :smile: . and to get that recognition, you’re going to have to really suck up to me and the judges not really… :smile:

Anyway, for those anticipating the announcement of the winner, I will be posting who it is tomorrow ( Monday ) night. That means, for anybody hoping to still take a chance in this contest, you now have less than 24 hours to do so!

Hurrah! Better lucids here I come! Form sent.

The prog sounds cool.

Thank you everybody for participating in the contest. All dreamscapes were awesome, and we even had to get another judge to join just to break a tie!

Once again, congratulations TheRealJollyRoger. You are now officially a 2007 Paradiso Testing Crew member! You, like all other testers, will begin testing the beta release on or around Friday, April 20 2007.

As for everybody else who still seeks to become a tester, the registration form is still available here, so be sure to take full advantage of that.

first time i won anything in awhile.

did an RC.

nope, not dreaming

Thanks Ben, and all other judges :content:

:partying_face: Congrats TheRealJollyRoger! Drinks all around! :beer:

I like that on the registration form there is only one answer to the last question which is something along the lines of “are you ready to have an awesome lucid dream?” Yes, and yes. Smart thinking Ben.

And yeah Ben and TheRealJollyRoger keep your options open for college, minor in this maybe double major in that. I’ve found that keeping my options open made this year more enjoyable.

I’ve also found that going through only one year of college makes me think I am an expert on helping high school seniors think and decide on college. Go figure.

Congrats on the win TheRealJollyRoger. I didn’t read through the dreamscapes (time is never on my side) but I’m sure it is awesome :content:

Edit: I just saw the quote in TRJR’s sig. I LOVE Stephen Colbert with an undying passion. There was one episode he did about some bollywood film stars and needless to say I was really happy. I also love “The Office” but that is completely unrelated to anything at all.

Thanks for the tips of college indianinks. Regardless that you’re just a freshman at the moment, you still went through the whole finding college process, so that does make you an expert :razz: . However, I’m not too afraid or stressed about it. I was, and still am, one of those weird people who just knew what they wanted to be when they grew up. With that, I tried to start learning it as soon as possible ( which was in 6th grade ), because it just came as an enjoyment to me. Now, as I’m a junior (almost a senior), I already know what major I’m going to have ( which will turn in to a masters ), what school I want to go to, and what I need to do to get in that position.

Regardless, I do still want to take some classes regarding psychology and such, but I’m not too serious about making it my future career. If you think about it, what is there to advance on in lucid dreaming? Once you learn to have them, everything is settled. Sure you could invent some overpriced machine to induce lucidity, but I’m not one to be in it for the money. I guess what I’m trying to say is, lucid dreaming is more of an ability to me, and I respect it and enjoy it so much that if I were to make it my vocation, I’m afraid I’d lose some of that enjoyment. Not sure if that makes sense…

Nonetheless, I will still continue to pursue it within myself and will as a side hobby type thing create softwares and such to get other people started. All for free of course ( which I guess is another reason why I can’t make a living off of this :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Anyway, back on topic, remember to anybody who hasn’t done so already, the tester registration form is up only until this coming Sunday, so hurry!

Congrats :happy:

Haha some of us are way ahead of Sunday!