[software] Paradiso - PDF Available

Yeah Wyrmfell and TheRealJollyRoger, I agree that all of the dreamscapes are awesome and have their own specialty, but I’m afraid only one wins the “best of” prize :smile: . and to get that recognition, you’re going to have to really suck up to me and the judges not really… :smile:

Anyway, for those anticipating the announcement of the winner, I will be posting who it is tomorrow ( Monday ) night. That means, for anybody hoping to still take a chance in this contest, you now have less than 24 hours to do so!

Hurrah! Better lucids here I come! Form sent.

The prog sounds cool.

Thank you everybody for participating in the contest. All dreamscapes were awesome, and we even had to get another judge to join just to break a tie!

Once again, congratulations TheRealJollyRoger. You are now officially a 2007 Paradiso Testing Crew member! You, like all other testers, will begin testing the beta release on or around Friday, April 20 2007.

As for everybody else who still seeks to become a tester, the registration form is still available here, so be sure to take full advantage of that.

first time i won anything in awhile.

did an RC.

nope, not dreaming

Thanks Ben, and all other judges :content:

:partying_face: Congrats TheRealJollyRoger! Drinks all around! :beer:

I like that on the registration form there is only one answer to the last question which is something along the lines of “are you ready to have an awesome lucid dream?” Yes, and yes. Smart thinking Ben.

And yeah Ben and TheRealJollyRoger keep your options open for college, minor in this maybe double major in that. I’ve found that keeping my options open made this year more enjoyable.

I’ve also found that going through only one year of college makes me think I am an expert on helping high school seniors think and decide on college. Go figure.

Congrats on the win TheRealJollyRoger. I didn’t read through the dreamscapes (time is never on my side) but I’m sure it is awesome :content:

Edit: I just saw the quote in TRJR’s sig. I LOVE Stephen Colbert with an undying passion. There was one episode he did about some bollywood film stars and needless to say I was really happy. I also love “The Office” but that is completely unrelated to anything at all.

Thanks for the tips of college indianinks. Regardless that you’re just a freshman at the moment, you still went through the whole finding college process, so that does make you an expert :razz: . However, I’m not too afraid or stressed about it. I was, and still am, one of those weird people who just knew what they wanted to be when they grew up. With that, I tried to start learning it as soon as possible ( which was in 6th grade ), because it just came as an enjoyment to me. Now, as I’m a junior (almost a senior), I already know what major I’m going to have ( which will turn in to a masters ), what school I want to go to, and what I need to do to get in that position.

Regardless, I do still want to take some classes regarding psychology and such, but I’m not too serious about making it my future career. If you think about it, what is there to advance on in lucid dreaming? Once you learn to have them, everything is settled. Sure you could invent some overpriced machine to induce lucidity, but I’m not one to be in it for the money. I guess what I’m trying to say is, lucid dreaming is more of an ability to me, and I respect it and enjoy it so much that if I were to make it my vocation, I’m afraid I’d lose some of that enjoyment. Not sure if that makes sense…

Nonetheless, I will still continue to pursue it within myself and will as a side hobby type thing create softwares and such to get other people started. All for free of course ( which I guess is another reason why I can’t make a living off of this :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Anyway, back on topic, remember to anybody who hasn’t done so already, the tester registration form is up only until this coming Sunday, so hurry!

Congrats :happy:

Haha some of us are way ahead of Sunday!

What kind of a guarantee is that?

Just say no to the guarantees question…

I don’t say no because there is a slight guarantee. If you follow the program, you will induce your environment ( or for Infinity’s case, a lucid dream ). However, I’ve found that people using Infinity tended to drift away from the structure by either adding techniques, taking them way, or just rearranging everything, which has the capability of lessening your chances.

That’s why I don’t just say “no”. :smile:

Don’t worry

I will NOT forget to do RCs this time

I will use the “Ben is counting on me!” excuse to make sure i do it all right.

TIME TO ROCK, ROCK ON!

I think I’ll re-do Infinity, just to be prepared in case I make a tester position.

why do you have to have people test it? why can’t you just release it?

That’s a good question actually, and I get it a lot. There’s a few reasons that I test it:

• To ensure that the course and its layout is not only too much or too little, but is also effective in a sense that the main goal will be reached. After Infinity was tested, and before it was released, I had to add in a lot of information and alter a few descriptions to make it all that it could be. If I were to have released it without that testing period, you can only imagine how messy it could’ve been.

• To ensure that all glitches are fixed, all music sounds good, all text is copyable, no errors in spelling, and the over-all user interface is friendly and awesome.

• To obtain constructive feedback from the testers so that the overall release will be all that it can be.

• And finally, I have people test before release so that I can make you all suffer and wait before you can actually use it. :content:

( that last bit was a joke, just in case you didn’t catch that, lol )

Anyway, simply put, I test to make the product better. Trust me, it’s crucial, and will make you, the user, happier in the end. :cool:

don’t question the methods of the Ben… or rather, the developers. Tetsing is always really important in most things. In video games if they didn’t test them they would be crappy and full of glitches. CRAP! Testing eliminates the glitches and makes the final product more enjoyable and glitch-free for the end user.

SOME ONE REASSURE ME!! I have a work experience interview tomorrow!!! HELP!

alright, I was just thinking I was gonna restart infinity(which I still might do) and I discovered this! Im amazed, I thought you would be done for a little while ben. Well, I signed up to be a tester, and it sounds like an awesome program, hope I get to test it/help make it better(which for ben is perfect, lol)

Well, if you don’t get chosen to be a tester, then you can do Infinity! :tongue:

Speaking of testing… You have 24 hours to sign up to be a tester! So, hurry! :cool_laugh:

yeah i resarted Infinity to warm up for Paridoso

:hyper:

I hope jumping jacks help too!