On the Road to 2012

I wouldn’t be as concerned about 2012 as I would be about 2008 which is going to be a rough time for the earth according to the, calendar which maps the evolution of consciousness not the end of the world. but in order for higher levels of awareness to be reached old ways must be tossed aside, not everyone is going to want this to happen and so great suffering will likely ensue. just remember that the same amount of evolution that occured in 1.6 billion years now occurs in 360 days
1999 was the start of the galactic cycle of consciousness, october 2011 starts the universal cycle of consciousness and the same amount of evolution occurs in 20 days.

flow with change without being attached to anything or you will be ripped apart.

Question:

December 21st, 2012 - but where is this time based upon? Its going to be the 21st in Australia about 14 hours before its the 21st in the Americas.

Apocalypses and consciousness shifts are always so vague - I like my doomsday/Eden predictions with Central Standard Time stamped on them :smile:

Actually the end date of the Mayan count was first figuired out by the Mayan Daykeepers at Izapa, Mexico. John Major Jenkins writes about it in his book Galactic Alignment.

dartmouth.edu/~izapa/index.html

There use to be a kool website on Jenkins proof, but its down.

The Chinese year is 4705, this year being the Year of the Pig. There are some speculations that the Olmecs created an earlier calendar that the Mayans adopted as their own.

Some of these 1,000 year discrepencies might also have to do with what Barbara Hand Clow talks of as a great Catastrophe that happened to Earth back in the time of the Age of Leo, some 11,500 years ago, in her book Catastrophobia. She states our species have a great fear of catastrophe and apocalypse that we are working out, and perhaps it isn’t even doomsday that we are going to face in 2012, but the healing of what happened to our planet aeons ago. There are also some theories that the Popes added a 1,000 years to the Gregorian calendar and called it the dark ages too, because they wanted to distance themselves from so called pagan calendars.

Jose Arguelles has a great visual on the 13 Baktuns and human history. We are in the 13th Baktun, The Transformation of Matter. He first presented this in his book The Mayan Factor, which is a great read, and came out around the Harmonic Convergence in 1987, and the Dreamspell came out in 1992.

I dont understand something.

‘’ Everything that a society, a culture or a people does is programmed into the calendar.’’

Why is it so important that the more accurate calender comes in to place?
If I’ve read the article right, it is ,in our time, about the dissapereance of the ‘‘time is money’’ era.
But if all the people in the world now would all change there calender into the mayan calender, that wouldnt change a bit? It would still be night and day, people would still find a way to make a new routine in the new calender.

I also think, that we cannot ever breakdown our civilisation that we have build today. If we would want ‘‘time is art’’, we would have to break down every building, every thing that is influential with global warming. No cars, no TV, no traveling with airplanes. We would miss so much, I dont think that people could take the steps to start all over again. We are just too spoiled for our own good in that way.

If we would want to start all over again, a lot of people must die. Maybe thats the use of an semi-apocalypse?

I think it was a great read, but I am very sceptical when it comes to text like this that you find on the internet. It is so easily adjusted by rumours and believes.
If I had the guts to do it, I would get that book from the pope “The Relation of the Things of Yucatan” and see if there is a big difference in this story and the one in that book.

I just had a crazy thought.

So it is really fortunate that 2012 is such a short time away because we have hit an exponential curve. The 9-11 was the puncture in the technosphere that said, “You have reached your limit, you better start rethinking how you are doing things.” We think that this person was responsible or that person was responsible or the al-Queda or the CIA or whoever did it—but the fact is that from a higher point of view that was an inevitable event. It was an inevitable event because the human species had reached the limits of its growth of devouring the biosphere, its natural habitat. A signal was sent then through the civilization to indicate that that moment had come. We could have had any number of reactions at that moment. We could have said, “Wow are we so bad that we caused other people to do that to us?” or “Why did this happen?”

What if the neo-conservatives, al-Queda or another group did this just to give this warning? Or was this another prophecy?

I really dont understand how people could make prophecy’s like that. Im gonna dive into this prophecy thing.
Im not sure, but I guess prophecy’s are made by people making prophecy’s (duh), some will fail and some will be right. If one person makes a lot of prophecy’s and only 3 have come true, then the failed prophecy’s will be forgotten and the prophecy’s that are yet to come will be believed.

This is al a bit confusing. I am going to re think everything.

That was worthwhile xD

Anyways… where do I get a 13 moon 28 day calendar? o.o

I’ll have to alternate between calendars… must keep up with everyone else. :peek:

Time is running out… I need to find something to believe in. -previous phrase contains… random blabber maybe- :happy:

hey Kirby.

that’s funny - your galactic signature (one of the 260 different “kin”)
is Blue Spectral Monkey. The author of the article/presentation you see in the first post - Jose Arguelles - is also a Blue Spectral Monkey.

Anyway…

as to your question regarding the calendar: you can browse the 13 moon calendar me and my friends produced here:

dreamofpeace.net.au/journey/

If you’ve got any questions about it, I’m only too happy to help.

nick

Ah, thanks… I’ll try using it occasionally. Maybe I’ll check out when’s my kin birthday. Is there such thing? :shy:

Yup - i think I know what you mean. The next time your Kin, Blue Spectral Monkey comes about (your galactic birthday). I’ll give you a hint, Blue Spectral Monkey - is kin 11 of 260.

The calendar has all the kin numbers written on each page. See if you can find what Gregorian date it happens on.

Nick

June 13th… awesome :razz:

Also, how do I find out my age through this calendar?

Well your age is going to be the same, at least as judged by Earth’s movement around the Sun (this is what the 13 Moon 28 Day cycle keeps a track of).

However, you can count how many galactic spins you’ve travelled since you were born. By which I mean how many rounds of the 260-day cycle (Tzolkin) you’ve made, since you were born.

There’s a little ratio here that helps, basically
5 solar years equates to 7 galactic spins

An aside: 5 solar years is actually 5 days longer than 7 galactic spins. 5 x 365 = 1,825 days. whereas 7 x 260 = 1,820 days.

So by the age of 20, you’ll already have journeyed a full 28 galactic spins. I’m guessing you’re approaching your 29th galactic birthday.

Galactic Cycles
If you’re wondering why it’s called a galactic cycle, this has to do with the fact that the 260-day cycle is a base fractal and organising principle underlying other cycles occurring in our solar system, and beyond…)

One example - conjunctions of Earth with Mars repeat every 780 days (3 galactic spins, 3 x 260).

Another example is the 26,000 year cycle which measures Earth’s precession through the equinoxes. (Basically our skyward orientation gradually shifts, and so we progress from the Age of Pisces to the Age of Aquarius, and so on, until we come all the way back around). This is also a measure of the Suns’ orbit around the central star of the Pleiades, Alcyone.

Nick

i don’t believe that we can pinpoint the exact date of the end of the world, but this is really interesting stuff! :happy:

Hi phantom_lover…

yes i can see what you mean. As I understand it, the Mayan calendar and the 2012-date is not so much the ending of the “world”, as the ending of a “world-age”.

A dramatic shift, but one that is already in process - not just on one particular day (Dec 21, 2012) in the future.

Glad you find it interesting…

nick

really, i dont belive this could happen manily cause, its just like the Y2K thing ya know, people will be prepared for it and that day will past just like Y2K did, but i did like reading the article you posted thanks

1976 days left…

…I’ll just wait and see.

The world is in the midst of this “change”. But on that date: Dec 21 2012, like explora said, there will be a dramatic shift. All i can say is, it will not pass us by, like Y2K. And those maya really had it together, well not really. haha

Only time can tell. If we make it till 2008 that is. :wink:

I’m feeling pretty thankful that I live in on like a mountain away from a big city, in case nuclear bombs start going off…

:lol: A second Cold War . I live in the middle of the United States so I’ll be safe away from the major cities. Unless Kansas City is a target :eek: I live close to there! :cry:

I’ve been reading a bit about the 13 Moon Calendar recently, and while it does seem to be a very promising concept, there is a lot of criticism regarding its accuracy. I read an article today which argued against Dreamspell and the logic used by Jose Arguelles. The author provided a good amount of scientific and mathematic reasoning and information; he detailed some of the core concepts of Arguelles’ calendar and exposed their mathematic inaccuracy. He then showed that the rebuttals made by Arguelles hardly supported Dreamspell and related theories. In addition, the article cites numerous resources which show that the Dreamspell is hardly a Mayan calendar.

shrugs

I’d like to read more about this.