I'm not sure if I'm doing this right

Ok, I’ve come close to lucid dreaming, and I might have had one or two, except they’re nothing like what they should be, because in the dream, even though I know I’m in a dream, it’s not like I actually know, it’s my dream character who knows, and I’m watching from the sidelines. I’ve had multiple dreams like this, except I had one where I think I was on the brink of actual lucidness, but I had some of the senses of the real world with me, and when I tried to control my dream character, it felt like all of my energy was being drained (strange to feel tired in a dream, no?) and all of my dream senses were numbed, and every time I did anything, I felt like my dream would shatter and I would wake up. The experience was uncomfortable, so I woke myself up. I was able to actually pull myself forcefully from the dream, showing that I was to some extent aware that I was dreaming. When I have normal dreams, I rarely remember them, and when I say I’m going to try to think about what happened in my dream upon awakening, it never happens, because I always forget to think about them until it’s too late. I used to have a system where whenever I looked at my cat I would do a reality check, but when my dream character (who I was watching from a first person view, but not actually controlling)did a reality check and became aware that he was dreaming, the dream continued like a normal dream with me excited about the fact that I was lucid. I’m positive I’m doing this wrong and not reaching a truly lucid state, because you’re supposed to feel like you’re awake in the dream world, right? anyone have any suggestions for me?

also, my memory of the dream where I forced myself awake is very fragmented, so I don’t completely remember the feeling, all I know is that it was uncomfortable and I felt restless. I might have been more lucid than I think, but I also remember my dream self doing things that I wasn’t controlling between moments of possible lucidity, so the discomfort might have been myself slipping in and out of lucidity

another reply (seems like i like to talk to myself) whenever I’m actually trying to become lucid by using one of the techniques, it doesn’t work at all. The few times that I might have become lucid were completely random. I find it hard to relax at all, so WILD never works for me, but I try it every night anyway with no success

Maybe you should try with simpler techniques. WILD never worked for me as well…

Keeping a DJ is the MOST important part of LDing i cannot stress this enough

Though when you do get lucid make sure you talk to your SG!!

i find him a very enlightening person he can tell you a lot about yourself :tongue:

?? spirit guide? what’s that?

i just got really close. about an hour ago, I decided to take a nap, and try WILD, and I tried to keep myself aware throughout the falling asleep process, and I felt myself sorta floating almost, as though I was weightless but still on my bed. And then one of my sisters started singing. Unfortunately, I don’t live alone, so I never really have any silence during which I can actually practice doing a LD. Right now, I’m pissed that I got so close and was snapped out of it by singing. Seriously, they’re so inconsiderate, and they never sleep ever. they’re up in the middle of the night making noise, and it’s annoying as hell. Is there any way around this roadblock, or do you always need the serious concentration I lack?

Well for one thing, WILD does require concentration, and the ability to fall asleep relatively quickly. I’ve been trying to WILD for years now (ok so like 1.5 years), and I’m still unsucessful. You are better off sticking to other techniques like MILD, WBTB or a combination of the two so that you can master you control and awareness in dreams.

Some tips and ideas for when you become lucid but are having trouble. Scream out loud (in your dream of course), MORE LUCIDITY NOW! That always works for me and gives me a heigtened sense of awareness. Lately I have been having some control issues myself, so I probably will not be much help there, but if you can increase your awareness your control should by default increase as well. You can even try other phrases like MORE CONTROL NOW.
Also don’t try to hard to try and get immediate control over the dream. Keep your awareness and just wait for the dream to give you the control, otherwise you will just get that uncomfortableness like you felt in your first post.

Hope that helps :content: