Dream Recall Suggestions...

Yeah, I posted this on Dreamviews but I want to see other opinions as I am getting nowhere with my recall.

Anyways, my dream recall is pretty horrible. The past two weeks I have had only four recalls out of 14 days. Only two on one night, and two seperate. In my past three years, I’ve probably recalled only about 70 dreams.

-I have a banana before I go to bed.
-I go to sleep at 10:30, wake up at intervals at 3:30, 5:30, 6:30.

• I can’t stay up too long or I feel wide awake and cannot go to bed for the rest of the night. I usually just wake up for 1 moment and try and do that Dream Entering Induced Lucid Dream technique.
    -With WILD, I can’t reach HI no matter how hard I try. So far.
    -I tell myself that I will recall dreams in the night.
    -I write in a DJ every night. Although past few days I’ve had nothing to write… no fragments or anything.

So, is anyone willing to offer support or advice involving my little predicament? I heard that meditation is useful, could anyone supply some guides/tips?

Thanks. (Oh, and please don’t say you must do “bilateral theory of exponential quadric antidisestablishmentarianism” I want to know HOW to do it, not WHAT to do. Sorry if I sound very pushy.)

well, i’d suggest you’d use the GASH theory of MAIM and REIT your way into GHIFG so that you can THR your mind into HABEWICN and then, when your HGII and OIJJNN, fall down and enter an FHSIINKOOPQJDFN.

that’s my suggestion. look up the acronyms on wikipedia.

oh woops, just go to bed, don’t wake up in the middle of the night. WBTB doesn’t help me much with recall. Go to bed when you’re really tired, around 11:00 just for fun. And, maybe you should try melatonin. It doesn’t work well for me but it works WONDERS for some people. melatonin is a drug you can find at most stores. DONT TAKE TOO MANY! It can be harmful. One or two would be fine.

Well, I agree with lordrrr, don’t wake up randomly in the middle of the night. Also when you wake up in the morning, STAY REALLY STILL. Don’t move until you can remember your dreams. A fragment, an image or even a whole dream is good here, but moving around as soon as you wake up can cause major dream recall loss.

Also, try not to focus on dream recall for a few days. In fact don’t stress about it, let it be, maybe spend some time away from the forums, and your brain wont be so frazzled with all the dream stress. Your DR should come back as soon as you just relax and give yourself a little break.
Good luck :smile:

i need to move my alarm closer to my bed!

what helped me improve dream recall is telling myself “when I wake up, I will remember my dream”, couple of time. Say it loud if you can. And set you alarm at interval of about 90 minutes. My first alarm is 4h30 after I go to bed, then, every 1h30 after. And most of the time, I wake up 5-10 minutes before the alarm goes off.

Also, once in bed, I do a “Day Recall” or “Reality Recall”, so I go throught what I did during the day, backward, from the time I went to bed until the moment I woke up. This is good beceause thats what I do in the morning to recall my dream.

And sometimes, when I dream recall in the morning, I remember nothing for a couple minutes after waking up, but staying still, eyes closed, little dream fragments come back, I write the words in my journal, and then, it just flows and I remember every thing, most of the time.

So, you might try this, next time you go sleep, remember what you did during the day. This should at least improve your short and long term memory, and eventually, your Dream Recall.

I have been doing this for almost month and I remember 3 to 5 dreams a night. Before that, I had no dream recall at all!

I hope this will help you!

I moved my clock close to my bed and remembered like 8 dreams and tons of fragments!

This is what I do, and it works great for me:

1. Find a good Lucid Dreaming mp3 (I like this one) and load it to an mp3 player/iPod/etc. Make sure to make it in it’s own folder if you don’t want to be waken up by the next track if you fall asleep.
  2. Get to bed at a decent time, of course. 10:30 is good.
  3. While in bed I do something to keep my mind going. My favorite activity is a nice, long, run at Chip’s Challenge on the Atari Lynx. :slight_smile: Obviously, you can read a book too.
  4. Once you get really tired and it’s hard to focus (usually 30-45 minutes for me), lie down, slip on your headphones/earbuds and play the track you loaded into your media player. If you fall asleep, that’s fine.
  5. When I wake up, I always have at least one very vivid dream recalled. Of course, remember to record it in your DJ. :happy:

Try it out, and see if it works. This method’s just something I came upon accidentally. I’ve been doing it for a couple weeks, and it’s got me to remember a dream every night. I even stopped doing the method for one night, and I didn’t get one the next morning, so it seems it’s doing the trick. :smile:

not in austria

Congrats lodrrr, glad to hear you have better recall!
I like onorm’s method of going back through the day, I can definitely seeing it help with DR. It’s like training your brain to remember in a certain way…sort of like RCs train you to check reality all the time, this trains your brain to logically remember everything.

Interestingly enough, when I listen to mp3s as I sleep I have terrible recall in the morning. But meh, what works for some doesn’t work for all.

What i usually do for dream recall is before falling asleep I repeat to myself in my head “I will wake up after a dream” and I keep my dream journal close by so as soon as I wake up with my dream fresh in my mind I write it down then review any of the dreams in the morning