Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD

I love the character comments! Now I must have one to join in… tisk… they are still in development. Hm more daydreaming needed.

“There will be consequences…” -Naknus
Lol nice.

I’m glad too! :smile: And… I’ll try and come back with some creation updates soon! I’m thinking of what sort of non-humans I want to have…
Hmm… perhaps a psychic crystal companion and… an old wise tree, perhaps… a colony of grumpy termites… hahaha goodtimes…

During 3 and 4, a set look for the characters are there from step 2. It is good to visualize your character when ever you communicate with them. The tutorial is on how to CREATE the character, using them is all up to your ability to make them realistic, and convincing them to make you lucid (or something else). You can, of course, summon your characters during a lucid to talk with them and learn more! >>;

Did I answer the question…?

WOW!, Really. This is brilliant, excellent job with the tutorial, it has made it all so clear. I reckon this should be stickied, it’s not just a method like writing on paper or repeating words, it’s an actual activity with other benefits that I never thought possible.

I’ve actually started doing it, instead of creating my character first, i’ve taken a similar approach to how you contact your characters. I’ve got a picture in my mind of my brain.
I have the subcouncious, Mazarti (Where my future characters will live, I’m unable to go there when i’m awake, but it’s where I go when i dream) and I have ‘The Plain’, this is where I go to meet my future characters, I’ve already started to build it up, at the moment, it’s a school corridor, I’ve gone into so much detail, how many classrooms, what’s there… At the moment it’s Silent and no-one goes there.(Havn’t made any characters) But a school seemed more appropiate because it’s where I talk to people the most (even though it isn’t my actual school). I’m gonna keep building this up for a few days until i’m ready to start on my first character. I already have a few vague images of what she’s gonna be like, I was thinking that she (Prefer female company over men :razz:) could be a elve (Sounds odd, but I want it to be diffrent than humans) a caring person who can give me a second opinion or cheer me up when i’m down.

Also, have any of your characters ever tryed to talk to you when you was in school or wide awake doing something?

Thanks again.

Ohhhh Your post has lightened up my day, you’re so cute!
I love the name of your mind-world, and your school corridor it cool as well! My first min world was an infinite street with houses on either side!

I am flattered you think this should be stickied, but I doubt any mods or anyone else besides the few who have come to look at this thread would think it worthy! :3
An elf? Oh that’s very cute, and not weird at all! Out of all of my characters, none have been human. All of them are dragonic aikuun (well, except leon, ein, and ghost, ein is an Ancient and Leon is felinuse, ghost is a keep… it’s very complicated.). :3 it wouldn’t suprise me at all is no one chose to make human characters, we’re surrounded after all! Anyways, your Elf sounds very sweet and cute, I hope one daye she and one of my characters may chat!

My characters talk to me alot when I am awake, only in my dreams when I call them there.
Mostly though, it’s commentary. For example, Naknus tends to point out flaws in CSI logic during my watching of the shows. Like one time, Naknus said “If grissom knows so much about bugs, why doesn’t he do more bug-related experiments to find out about a scene, we never see him looking for them. Just on the bodies and in that one episode.” And Talon tends to show me flaws in things I do, like “The left eye is too big, the scales are too flate, and the left arm of that thing is too big.”…Those sorts of things!

Also, one question to you, do you think I should put my character’s commentary on my posts from now on? It seems weird…

with MUCH admiration,
~Talon.

well this is quite an interesting technique!

one more thing:

So am i suppose to “talk” to the cahracters in WL?

(Schizophrenia FTW! :lol:)

Talon: … HMM WHAT? YOU DON’T RESPECT MY EXISTANCE?! If you were here right now I swear–!
Naknus: . . . This is against our will, so don’t refer to us as merely ‘voices’ because we are forced to speak through this medium. We are not merely figments of imagination, we are creations of a mind.
Talon:…AGGGGHHHHH I don’t like this…“Shatter”!
Naknus: . . .

…>>; :smiley: love~!
I’d like Shatter to join in! It would be fun… and I’m sure it get easier over time for others… XD
Don’t mind Talon’s rant, she’s just coming out of a grumpy phase…

Talon: . . .

…Naknus is always grumpy though.

Talon: Termites…?
Naknus: . . . Termites work well in groups and create incredibly complex structures.
Talon: He said what you said was ‘nice’ :D~
Naknus: . . . you heard nothing just now did you?
Talon: I live in an old tree…o-o
Talon: IT’S CALLED THE OLD OAK~!
Naknus: . . . .
Talon: I like this ‘Vison’ person . . . He shall make me a new house.
Naknus: . . . . I’m leaving…

AGH! Haha… sorry, I let them get out of hand sometimes… I’m gunna stop typing now! >< Besides having my characters talk with characters, I let them speak to my friends and others too. If you want you can chat with them, and get an idea of where this is all headed… :D~

Talon: YAY~
Naknus: N/A

Yep! You speak to them in waking life, but MAKE SURE that you have the understanding they are your creations, and do not exist on the same plane as you.
It is very important to get that straight…really.

Talon: …>> I really don’t think roger likes us.
Naknus: Oh my aching heart.
Talon: What…?
Naknus: … Nevermind.

… YUS :D~!
They eventually speak out randomly as Talon and Naknus do… >>; but I can at the very least chose not to type some things they say… I can just refrain for you if you’d like!

Wow it’s really cool you can just… let them talk.
They are interesting. It doesn’t seem like your forcing it at all. How do they reconcile being outside of Aria? Do they know that Aria is imaginary? I’m considering not letting my characters know about the “outside world”… honestly, whenever I tell a dream character they are “just a dream character” they totally flip out. I’m not sure why that is :meh: Besides! It might be more interesting if they only know about their own world, but then how would they interact with other peoples characters…?

Talon: . . . Well yeah we know Aria is made up… O_o; it explains why the Katrans are always changing… and our house talks! His name is Eye-os…>> Cause like… he has a huge eye in the wall.
Naknus:. . . If you know we see your posts, and have to reply to them… And you SAY " Do they know that Aria is imaginary" Don’t you think that’s incredibly stu–
Talon: I get to put censorship on my brother’s mouth, cause he swears alot.
Talon: You should see him when we’re at home, and he tries to cook, cause he really sucks, and sometimes he burns himself and–

Yes, my characters know their world is not real, only in stories and in roleplay line ( with the exception of mind rps where they DO Knbow, and are interacting with other’s characters who likewise realise) do they not XD Otherwise, Mindspace would be very traumatic! Because Talon and Naknus interact regularly with people outside of Aria, they’re not too shocked. And sometimes I just let them stay in Mindspace instead, just them though.

Talon: Takone can’t fight, mindspace would be scary for him…

When my characters interact with other’s characters without the knowledge of it’s being made-up, generally they think the other characters are from a far away place in theirs, or their worlds have connected somehow and now they can talk to each other… it can all be worked out fairly easily with some imagination.

Talon: You ARE going to make me a house, right?
Naknus: No, Talon, the stranger over the internet is not going to constuct a shelter of any sort for you. He’s not even interested in answering you.

I hope I answered that well…>>;; Talon and Naknus are very distracting when I’m letting them talk…

~ Talon ( not the character though!)
Talon: I still think you should change that.

…Shhhhh…

Do you really live in a Tree, Talon?
That must be uncomfortable. I climbed down a hollow tree once, it was prickly and there were spiders. Not the most pleasant of experiences!

Talon: :smiley: MWHUA Yes. My tree is big like a apartment complex, and it’s been hollowed out by tiny Anthrans, and it has stairs inside of it, spiralling up, and rooms, and the top is a BIG BALCONY!

…:3 Yes, she loves her tree very much, and she likes bugs too :3, She’s scaled, so no splinters… I will visit her tree in a dream one day! :3

Talon: YOU WILL MAKE ME A HOUSE YESS?
Talon: turns to naknus I like him :3~~
Naknus: . . . That’s fairly obvious by the way you’re bouncing…
Talon: :3~~~

They love each other, really they do :3

Talon : :O!

Character chatting is now here:

ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=370198#370198

Please go there for characters you have made to talk with each other, or to talk to other’s characters. It helps to give an idea of where all of this is headed if you make a character.
Actual questions for creation and technique should stay here though, cause I’ll answer them here if there are any in the chat- thread.

Talon: :frowning:

…You can go see Talon(character) chat there.

Talon: …:frowning:

…Naknus tell her you love her.

Naknus: No.

…AGH Anyways, yes… new thread for chatting, but this is still method thread.

Talon: <:'C

It’s good that they are seperate now.
Nice drawing! That’s exactly the kind of expression I thought Naknus would be wearing :smile: That… grumpy look. I’ll come here for questions, and definantly refer to the tutorial!

Forgive me for posting here but this is an interesting idea. Glad the character chatter is over though that got annoying :content:

I wish I’d known people like you and the others who posted in this thread when I was younger. I think I was the only one in my school, possibly even the state, that had any imagination and created comics, stories, and worlds.

I am working harder on creating stuff and exploring my worlds before I die.

I always, or nearly always, dream of Aragorn from Lord Of The Rings. Why he appears I dunno. But he has become a dreamsign. Dreamsign is a technical word from us old timer Lucid dreamers.

While reading your thread I thought of asking him to help me get lucid. In fact I thought of it earlier this morning to try to incubate a dream with him in it and use MILD to remind me to become lucid when I see him. But asking might work also.

PS: This thread was very inspiring. Why I like LD4all and Dreamviews is because it proves that I am not the stupid person I was always told I was. You have no idea how nice it is to know other creative people exsist.

Well i’ve started the school (it’s weird but the school i’m actually creating is nothing like an English school, more like an American one, Like lockers) on my planner ( :tongue: ).
Since a toddler can draw better than me :spinning:(), I might use computer programs to make it, things like google 3D. The best part about it is that I can show it easyier than scanning or taking a picture of it. Also, if i can get to grips with other 3D applications (Blender) I could model out my character to show too.

Yeah sure, I’m intrested to see what your characters think of the forum and the people. It may seem weird, but you’re making it sound more appealing to us who can’t do it.

Also, just looked at the picture in your signature. I was actually pretty close to what I thought Talon looked like. Wasn’t expecting the long ears though lol (If she’s reading, I don’t mean any offense).

do your characters help you with school tests? :razz:

I would have to agree with him, I love the cheesiness off how they filter out noise in audio (If they need to listen to a conversation from a noisy room). Like you get the ‘cool’ dude at the PC saying ‘Yeah, I’ll just filter it all out’ Then when you listen to it, it’s a crisp-clear high quality version of what they were saying. It’s the same with matchng fingerprints, It’s as though they have everyone in the world on record o-0.

Haha Thanks ^^ The chatroom’s been moved, I will update on that!

Talon: HAHA GRUMPY

Thank you very much for the compliment… I apologize that Talon and everyone else were annoying while I replied. I will make sure I don’t mention them any longer in this thread. :3
I am sure that this will lead to good things, I am happy you are going to interact with Aragorn. Thanks again!

-Talon

XDD HAHA Thanks! It makes me feel better that someone likes the chatter from them, though it annoys others… so if you’d like, you can go here:
ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24392
To the thread where Talon and others chatter. If you want, ask em’ questions, it helps me know them better, and may help you, I don’t know. Maybe even just be interesting. I look forward to the 3d image, I hope I get to see it one day! The school seems to be turning out well…

By the way, Talon was not offended, and Naknus agrees that the audio-filter is idiotic. As well as the zoom-in from the satelite pictures, as “pictures from that distance couldn’t possibly have that sort of high resolution. It’s un-realistic.”.
And… YES My characters, infact, do help me with tests.
Generally only Naknus though, he helps point out huge flaws I am about to write before I write it, and Talon helps me memorize things. All I have to do is remember the number of things to remember, and she mentions them in my head as I count them down. :smiley: It’s cool.

THANKS~
-Talon

You know, this whole topic makes me think about “The Seth Material”, by Jane Roberts and Seth. Plus, some other stuff I’ve read…

About how whenever we think about something it’s instantly created. In a way, once we think about something it becomes reality in another dimension, even if we consider the dimension of thought. Dreams are included in this. They continue to exist even when we’re not dreaming. In their own dimension, but they do.

So a character being created would make sense according to this theory.

I’m looking forward to having several LDs and deep talks with Samuel, a char of mine.