Let's Teleport!?

Hey! I see this in the description of the forum, yet I see no BIG teleporting topic! 'Sup with that?!

Anyway, I just wanna get other peoples’ ideas. Personally, the only time I’ve successfully teleported was with spinning, and even that sometimes forces me to FA or actually awaken.

What do you do?!

Here’s a list of what other members have tried or suggested:

• Dragon73: “I’m going to try by going through a door.”
  • donoteat: “I just take a train.”
  • Fadem: “What about using the classic mirror teleport trick thingy?”
  • Hapexamendios: “…when your destination is very far away, imagine it to be some kind of icon you’d click with your finger as if you were surfing online.”
  • Asema: “…using a magical laptop at an UNIX terminal.”
  • Astraea: “I just closed my eyes and I teleported.”
  • TheRealJollyRoger: “…close my “eyes” (my dream eyes). I see black. I concentrate hard on wherever i want to be, and open up again.”
  • Vichlatti: “I just create the destination I want around me.”
  • Moinsquerien:
  • Hemming: “For those who don’t know and didn’t get the meaning, the image is of the Teleport device from Worms”
  • Dream: “try sitting down and crossing your legs then blink once then you will be there… or try chanting”
  • Mecha: “I let myself fall backwards through the floor and find myself right-side up in an empty black void (with an endless floor) I then think of where I want to go and then give the ground a sharp tap with my foot and then I reappear at my destination.”
  • Mayu: “…I tried making a portal as well as walking through a door…”
  • Dream: “i choped a cut into the air…then i opened it and went in it.the I was when I wanted to be.”
  • Dream: “first i simply closed my eyes and enter a went in a void where i was floating.then i close my eyes and opened them back.then i was at my destination”
  • Basilius West: “When I see a distant place where I want to go, I focus on it and sort of zoom in.”
  • Bravsein: “When you want to be somewhere else, just think about standing just there where you want to be. Visualize how it it looks there.”
  • Ultimate7777: “Sometimes I will everything to ‘recede,’ and so I’m standing in an enormous white expanse (like in that scene in the Matrix with Neo and Morpheus) then the place I want to be in sort of ‘paints’ itself into place.”
  • Kindergarten: "put on a sparkly red pair of shoes, tap your heels together three times and say, “there’s no place like home.”
  • Jojje: “My friend usally calls for a train, knocks out the conductor, takes his microphone, says “[PLACE] next!” then goes to sit down, and wait for the conductor to wake up.”
  • imweird: “and to teleport i think you should just like rip space and enter the hole u riped then see yourself in space with lots of stars and see many doors and know that one of the many doors will take you to wherever you want to go.”
  • Geotrismegistos: “I have tried spinning… The bus has worked,fly sometimes… Also clicking at a pc environment style worked for me too.”
  • moogle: “use a written word as an url that will take me there”
  • Nik J92: “If you’re a fan of Halloweentown, try using the portal, or the portal spell Marnie and Aggie used… If you’re a fan of Harry Potter, try Apparating, or using the Floo Network… If you’re a fan of Charmed, try orbing, shimmering, blinking, or astral projecting… If you’re a fan of the video game Banjo-Kazooie, try using a wing pad and fly to your destination, or use a warp pad, or even use Chuffy the Train… If you’re a fan of the video game Metroid, try using a Dark or Light portal, or fly in Samus’s Gunship… If you’re a fan of Star Fox, fly in an Arwing or the Great Fox.”
  • 0Haku0: “Mirror… Spinning… Closing your eyes”
  • Zeppster: " I picked a destination far away, closed my eyes, pictured the place I wanted to go and spun."
  • Rob4000: “…i’d use a teleportation machine…I think that the logical link with science there will make it more successful for me”
  • one_winged_angel: “…focus on one spot rly rly hard and then id just be there.”
  • Spartan76092: “I did it runescape style.”
  • DarkRaven: “I’ll use Waterbending to create this little whirlpool wherever there is water, when it’s big enough it glows purple, then I’ll jump through it and end up in this ocean-type thingy that’s all glowey and purplely. laughs Then there’s all of these different little portals and if you look at each one you can see “scenes” from tv shows, movies, cartoons, and random dreamscapes and cool places. Then I’ll pick one and jump through and…ta-da! I’m there!”
  • Mr. Spock: “I go inside my dream house, and I’m inside my actual mind, where there is an endless hallway of doors of that places I’ve been or dreamt about. Then I just go to the door of my choosing, open it, theres a big flash of light and BAM! I’m there… Another way is step through a mirror and see where you end up!”
  • krakatoa: “I just started digging up the asfalt with my hands and then getting to the earth underneath decided to go into it, and let it swallow me.”
  • shikigami: “…just realize that the world around you is not real ( This is suposed to work in real life too) and that your whole perception of the world is man made and everything man made has flaws. then you exploit those flaws and just trasfer through space.”

I tried the spinning technique in an LD and it threw me into a FA. That wouldn’t have been a problem except I didn’t realise it was an FA and went to sleep in the LD. Losing lucidity :sad:

Next time I’m going to try by going through a door.

I just take a train.

:smile:

That sounds like a good idea

What about using the classic mirror teleport trick thingy? (Even though I only get on the other side of the mirror/wake up -.-)

Yeah, I’ve tried that too, and the only thing that happens to me is that I get in a mirror version in whatever room I’m in.

Here is something a guide taught me: when your destination is very far away, imagine it to be some kind of icon you’d click with your finger as if you were surfing online. Works pretty good.

Taking a train is interesting. I myself just travel to my destination, either by sprouting wings or – in the spirit of an ND – using a magical laptop at an UNIX terminal. e.g.:

tele home

Also, I remember what I DO in an LD. I just don’t remember what happens. Thus i don’t record stuff like this in a DJ.

well I got lucid on saturday and decided to teleport. I just closed my eyes and I teleported. :tongue:

i do this:

close my “eyes” (my dream eyes). I see black. I concentrate hard on wherever i want to be, and open up again.

worked for me so far

I never tele myself anywhere, I teleport my destination to me. Ok that sound weird so I’ll explain…I just create the destination I want around me.

I’m interested in doors though; one of my aims for the next time I have a LD is to make a door that leads to multiple rooms in a DC’s house.

Use this little device:

It might actually work! :content:

Well I did that once, and when I opened my eyes again I was woken up =(

???

try sitting down and crossing your legs then blink once then you will be there :peek:or try chanting :wink:

For those who don’t know and didn’t get the meaning, the image is of the Teleport device from Worms :happy:

I’ve used this method twice now to teleport. I let myself fall backwards through the floor and find myself right-side up in an empty black void (with an endless floor) I then think of where I want to go and then give the ground a sharp tap with my foot and then I reappear at my destination. :content:

That sounds like a cool (and good) way of teleporting Mecha.

Thanks for explaining. :smile: I already wondered if someone wouldn’t understand. :tongue:

I haven’t had much success with teleporting yet. :sad: I just had an LD and it was the most stable one I’ve had yet (most control as well), but I tried making a portal as well as walking through a door and they both didn’t work. I just walked into the outside, and I made an idiot of myself when I tried to bring up a portal by throwing my arms up and yelling really loudly. I just said “screw it” and started to fly instead, but that takes too long. I was woken up by my brother when I wasn’t even halfway there!

I think I shall try Hapexamendios’ method or Mecha’s method when I’m dreaming again if I have an LD. Now I just have to get sleepy again! My brother threw me wide awake when he came into the room yelling. :cry: