Music in LD's

I hear music in dreams and LD sometimes. I also thought about whether the music was actually good or that it was merely an impression. My experience is that the music was actually good, because sometimes I could record the melodies when I wake up. I almost never remember any lyrics in the songs.

I dream with music all the time. I compose and arrange music, jazz mostly. The other night in my dream I heard the most beautiful Monk-like music in my LD. Only I could see the ntes as they where played. Golden eight, sixteeth and quarter notes flowing like water. I also saw the chord changes. They where like juctions in a railraod station leading to new musical places.

The only time I heard music in a LD was when the song “A Whole New World” (from Aladdin) was playing as a “themesong” to one of my LD’s. It sounded pretty much like it sounds IRL, with the lyrics and all lol (although I wasn’t paying that much attention to the lyrics I guess so I can’t say that 100% sure). It was really nice though. :content:

I would think that whatever song your thinking of, it would only play the parts you know, or make up something that sounds close to it… idk … :eh:

but i think your mind could make new music also… so :neutral:

I Here It All The Time In LD’s And N’Ds I Had A Dream That My Chemical Romance was Playing Live And I Just Heard This Great Song In The Dream It Was Call I Dont Love You
I Was Curious Typed It On Youtube And The Song Was Exactly The Same Freaky Huh And I Never Heard The Song Before The Dream

once i heard the song that my alarm clock was making

it was actually an awesome dream, even if it was about sports

it was the end of a basketball game and i had the ball, and the timer was about to go

I start running up the sideline and i hear the music and it’s slow motion and epic (as epic as sports can be) but i wake up early.

oh well

I often hear original, perfectly constructed pop music in my dreams - some even have hit song potential. The only thing is as the above poster mentioned, membering the material after you wake up is almost impossible.

Once, I had a dream where I heard a Black Sabbath’s guitar riff : Sabbat Bloody Sabbath.
The riff was perfectly clear and the tempo was the same as in real life, it lasted about 5 seconds.

And in other dreams, I played guitar and I was playing very clearly, very rapidly, without errors, I knew perfectly my handle.
The sound which came out was clear too, rapid, perfect, it was the better music in the world.

I wish I could play like that in real life !!!

I heard the greatest song ever in a dream once. cant remember how it went, but I remember waking up crying, because it was just sooooo amazing

There has been a couple of times where i’ve played guitar, and jammed with some DCs, but i never remembered anything.

This was in an ND, but last night i had a dream that Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins was singing the new song in the crosswalk outside my school, and the lyrics/music were exactly the same. I was singing along, and he said “What? Already?” because i knew the words already and it was just released.

I probably listened to it way too much.

I’ve summoned a piano in an LD before, (I play by ear, I can’t read music so having stuff jumbled wouldn’t be a problem,) because I wanted to see if the piano sounded the same as it does it real life and it did. Then I wanted to see what kind of music my brain could produce so I ordered the piano to play by itself and it did. The music was so beautiful! I made it play a few times, (it was a little different each time but basicaly the same thing,) and I practised on the dream piano for a while and then went on with the rest of my dream. When I woke up I tried playing the song in real life and it worked! :content: I played it for my friend and she really liked it, (I can barely remember it now, :sad: ) I keep forgetting to do that again because it was awesome. I could probably play anything I hear, (or watch the piano do,) because that’s how I play in real life, I hear a song, then I can “see” in my mind what keys to push and I can usually play a song the first time I try so the piano in my head is very accurate. (Though I must admit that classical music is very hard because there’s so much going on so it’s very hard for me to “see” it, those I can’t get right away, those take time. :nuu: )

I once heard music at total random in my 2nd? LD.
Its was very pretty sounding, it reminded my of “Teardrops” by Massive Attack(the strange thing is I never heard that song till after the LD), in the song the lady said something about “sanity”…

in one of my LD’s Mick Jagger sang me a song, well I remember only two verses: ’ Laughing in the sands they change
Laughing in the wind break chains.’

was great song, and music, but when I woke up, I remembered only this two verses :neutral:

In one of my NDs AFI was playing my my kitchen.

Brilliant. I’d run away the second he decided to grunt anything though… scary stuff.

I’m a musician and I’ve heard music in LDs somewhat frequently. At one point I remember actually writing an entire song in an LD, but by the time I woke up and stumbled to the computer, the only thing in my head was the word “Alligator” sung in a specific way. I ended up writing a song in the following hour or two, but it had nothing to do with the dream song heh

I’ve only ever gotten a few bits and pieces from LD land to instruments/paper/tape. I really wish I could get more though, as it’s often astoundingly vivid and detailed… each individual part being clear as day and whatnot, to the point where I can isolate them in my head, etc. Maybe instead of the whole keeping a notebook by the bed thing, I should keep a 4-track.

the only time i ever hear music in my dreams(never LD, grr!) is when i’m writing them. i remember one of them called today. it’s really beautiful. i curse my SC for not being so creative IWL, though!

I only hear songs in my nd’s. they are always reaalllyy gr8 songs and when i wake up i can remember them so clearly but as the day goes on i forget them. so now i write them down to remember them. in ld’s, i try to play music on my phone but whenever i find my phone its all wierd and a different shape and numbers and letters are jumbled all over it so i hav no idea how to use it. i just try to convince myself that when i press a button in will play a song. i pressed it and nothing happened but a wand appeared in my other hand??!! lol.

I once got to hear real elvish music in a dream. Howard Shore did a great job composing the music for LOTR, but this was on a whole different level. There was an unfamiliar string instrument and something that reminded me of a piano, but not quite, playing slowly and gracefully as the sun rose over Middle Earth. Although it was easily the most beautiful thing I’d ever heard before, I quickly forgot it once I woke up since it didn’t have an easily recognizable melody and I’m not very musically minded IRL. :sad:

when I first fall asleep I can make any song I want play and its awesome. but as far as ld I rarely hear music.

I used to think that I never heard music in my dreams. I was wrong: there is the occasional background music. But nothing really notable in the way of being very noticeable or astounding.

Weird, too, considering I’m a musician. :shy: feels jealous of Mecha