Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming - CALD Part II

O_O

now i feel compelled to write down the details on my dreamworld(s)

lol but i don’t think i’ll torture you guys with that :lol:

No problemo, I’ll get a lucid dream eventually, it’s just a matter of time.
Well, I have been trying for over a year now though… but that’s ok, I’ll just visit this place more and get new techniques and stuff.

wow Talon. I am still impressed that you have such a close relationship with your characters. It is astounding how they have developed so deeply…very impressive. I love how Takone is so close to you, and I will forever remain a fan of Ghost lol.

By the way Talon, that sanctuary world is only the icing on the cake. A world about 70 times bigger is in development lol.

I am actually going to use CALD and my mind, with this I will be able to have LDs every night. I am refraining from using terms such as “might be” because that might make my subconsious reject my idea. It is combining CALD and a technique that is coming to me slowly, something that might work well with CALD. I’ll report tomorrow on the results, it will be spectacular either way.

Talon, I look foward to hearing more status reports. That one you just gave gave me this LD idea. When it works I will tell you about it lol.

With respect for you all and high hopes for CALD…
Tribemaker

XD I know… he’s amazing huh? XD I’d like to hear about your dream worlds-- but maybe in another thread cause that may be a bit off topic…^^;
Besides, having stuff in a written format can help develpp stuff as you get ideas~! :smiley:
~Talon

^^ Ok! But if you need any help with CALD, me, or someone equally as knowledgeable can help, I’m sure ^^~

~Talon

Thanks you very much! ^^ I love my characters deeply-- and in time I am sure yours will be just a deep if you work at it! :smiley: I told ghost that you were a fan, he told you he appreciates it :smiley: I so look forwards to hearing of your successes and dreams…

~Devotedly yours,
~Talon

Question: If you don’t like your dream world, can you delete it completely and start over? In case I ever get a lucid dream and create my own world and make a mistake…

But please, don’t try it out on your own worlds, you might end up losing everything because of me, I don’t want to be responsible for something like that.

XD Generally-- dream worlds occur randomly-- its a few on this site who create theirs consiously and apply it ( or rather go to) to your lucids ^^
Consciously-- you can create and delete whatever you like with no consequences… So I guess it’s safe to delete and save-- since it’s all memory you can restore it if you like… XD You can have several to chose from even! It’s all your imagination ^^

~Talon

The only way to delete something from your mind is to stop thinking about it, and remove everything from your enviroment which will remind you, and even then along the way something could still remind you and bring it all back :smile:

I think that it is simple to erase it. Well, to “erase” something from your mind, specifically your subconsious, is next to impossible. However, you can choose not to use that world. In a lucid dream, you choose your world. If you don’t like it, then create a new world. If you want to go back to the old one, then go back. You can do absolutely ANYTHING in a lucid dream. I can’t stress that enough in situations like these. If you want to create a new world, then create a new world. If you want to bring your old world back, then go for it. The old world is stored in your subconsious. We can’t “lose everything” because of trying out what you said. I could burn my world to the ground, and then bring it back instantly. Don’t worry then. If you are new to lucidity, then let me give you this tip that is the key to what happens inside your lucid dream. This is the key inside a lucid dream.

“If you belive that anything can happen, then anything can happen. If you don’t believe that anything can happen, then nothing can happen.”

Hope this helps
Tribemaker

XD That’s true, but dream worlds would be easier unless you wrote them down right? The same with normals dreams you don’t write-- XD

Hiya~!
-Talon

XD I assume you’ve used the Lucidwarp, infinity or dream digibook right…? XD
But I agree-- your subconscious does indeed capture everything, erasing is very difficult, but retrieving might be just as hard!
XDD
I am happy you’re so aware of this thread~! :smiley:

:3
-Talon

sry for the double post. Soragu, I am going to try a very special lucid dreaming technique tonight. When it works (I’m saying when, not if, because I am confident that it will work and my subconsious will oblige if I am confident), well, when it works tonight, I will give you the results. It will be a killer technique, and is made for people like you and me (yes me too) who find it hard to LD. It will also be capable for crystal clear LDs every night, but it does take a bit of work. Of course, it is actually LESS work over time then the others lol.

I have had the same problems as you in the past. Finally I got annoyed and made a technique from every law of science and psycology that I have ever read. It will make crystal clear LDs every night, when done properly. I want to test it for myself tonight to find out just how much work there is to it, but it WILL work, and I will give you my results tomorrow.

Thanks everyone, and Soragu, prepare to LD tomorrow…
Tribemaker

:happy:
:cool_laugh:

I’m game to try anything! haha, best of luck! I’ll be lurking tomorrow for the answer!

^^ I think everybody awaits-- But maybe you should make a topic too! Then things won’t get confusing-- and I believe this brilliant technique may get some interesting attention if you do :smiley:

Anyways~ Sweet dreams!
~Talon

Indeed, dreams/imagined things can be a lot easier to forget than waking memories, especially if you do not use remembering tactics like writing. Maybe it’s easier than I think to delete or “let go” of even waking memories.

Hi. :grin:

XD Now how do I reply to a reply…?
How are you?

And what do you think of the impact of false memories on real ones…? :D~ ( I must not reply after this~~ Please ask something about CALD or put something up… or else I see this going very off topic very soon… XD )

Haro~
~Talon~!^^

Thank you, I’m good this eve :content:
Now…what if you character keeps changing or disappearing or you can’t seem to see them. How do you fix this? Also… what if they become socially unacceptable and you can’t share their doings and sayings with other people? Should you try and make them different, or just leave them be and try and make someone more acceptable later?

^^ I am happy you are good–
Well, if your character changes, let them change, let it be natural… and see where it goes. If it’s excessive, perhaps try to creat a different character, as the one you’ve been trying is a bit stubborn to stay put ( remember though, that some characters are ever changing-- it’s their nature). If they dissapear, wait for a bit, and if they don’t come back, try to summon them or find them! If visualizing is difficult, it is ok, just having a personality to speak with should be good enough ^^ visuals are just good helpers-- But if they are dissapearing and you are unable to see them because of that, concider creating a more peacable character who stays put a bit more… Or maybe just let your creative outlets go wild and creat many many characters until one sticks. XD

If the behaviour becomes socially unacceptable, you can do many things! First of all, you could just not share your character with others, and chose to only let them talk to you-- or even just censor and mild down some actions when you are conveying them. Another thing you could do is let them be, and create a different character, if you really feel the behaviour is not a phase and just something they will continue that has become a part of them… Or lastly you can try to alter them and move them in the right direction if you feel this is just temporary, and it’s not really how the character is–

XD
If my answers seem off-- I’m sorry! It is late for me, and I should be asleep…

With a tired joy to your responses!
-Talon

Wow… this thread just grew two pages while I was gone.

Ah, Tribemaker. Your knowledge on theoretical physics just from what I can see in your post seems very keen. I just revisited M-theory… two months ago…? On the Science Channel - they were exploring the possiblities of parallel universes. It was quite interesting the debate Hawking and other physicists were having on the matter of whether information is ever lost in time-space… I agree with you on Einstien’s Cosmological Constant, by the way. (I sent a PM, so as not to stray too much off topic.)

Thank you for the encouragement on the LD, too. I did not LD, but I did have an interesting dream where I became intensely angry/jealous towards Talon… In fact, now that I think about it… the past two times I attempted a CALD via Harley/Rouge’s help I’ve had a Talon-related dream…

To answer your question regarding my first time at lucid dreaming: no. I’ve experienced a handful of lucid dreams actually - the majority of them being very low-level lucids. I only ever remember two lucid dreams where I actually felt lucid; the first one lasted for mere seconds, but in a dual succession. The second I actually controlled for thirty seconds or a minute - I flew on a Swiffer Sweeper, Harry Potter-style with some family I didn’t know, but felt familiarized with… So I know that lucid dreams are real, and that I am capable of experiencing them… it’s just a matter of it… happening. Thank you again for the encouragement ^^

Hmm… Normal human characters with normal human names. When you progress more with your characters I’m sure you’ve already arranged to inquire them about their preferences? At least, that’s what I would do… Of course, if you consciously created your characters this could be a deciding factor. Not always, but when I create characters consciously, their names are considerably more prosaic compared to my dream characters. Some names are only ever properly pronounced within a dream. (“Venu” for example - you can read the beginning of my DJ if you’re interested in that name’s origin. The name “Deauchana”, however, was never actually pronounced as it was scripted, but the “omniscience of the dreamscape” instills you with the knowledge of how to pronounce such exotic names…) It seems I can never think this creativley while awake, though… at least when it comes to names. You know, I think it has a lot to do with how the mind works in these altered state of consciousness. I was spaced out/tranced when Harlequin/Moulin Rouge/Malook[a] - (Yes, she just adopted another name while I was typing this) - named herself… And “Venu” and “Deauchana” were chanced upon whilst still in REM sleep. I don’t know if that helped you much… Please ask if you need any clarification.

As for appearance, Malook[a] pretty much has a “normal” appearance. (If you mean human, then, yes - normal.) I mean, her eyes are beyond what I’d call normal, being an amalgam of many different colors - ineffable IWL… I’ll draw her picture for you guys later, though… She likes to change her hairstyle quite often. And her clothes. She came to me in a shadowy near-invisible form when I first encountered her, though. (I described her on here somewhere…)

Well Talon, Malook[a] is interesting… I’m sure… but I really haven’t had the pleasure of experiencing her personality on the same level as when I first encountered her. Even then, I couldn’t see her…

“Harlequin”, “Moulin Rouge” and “Malook[a]” are the only names I’m comfortable using at the moment because they’re the only names I feel she’s personally told me. (Especially “Harelquin”…)

(I think she may have created an island metropolis called “Bukomari”… Not sure what the name means, but I’d love to join her there in an LD. It’s like… a carnival island beyond anything Walt Disney could have ever imagineered in his wildest dreams ^^ Like taking all of your inhibitions and desires and compactifying them into a delirium-charged omega point of inexhaustible energy…)

Don’t be sorry, Talon ^^ You’re so busy on this thread, it’s quite understandable. Just take some time to relax and post as little as you want to.

As for tonight, I have school tomorrow. Which means I have to wake up early to do my homework… I’ll probably just ignore lucid dreaming techniques completely for tonight. Perhaps I can perform reverse psychology on my SC… or Malook.