Sigil-Induced Lucid Dream

I have a problem now -_-

I have a slightly photographic memory, and It’s extremely hard for me to forget my Sigils (btw, how do you pronounce that…-_-) and I think it worked before because I was so tired. Any suggestions?

Interesting, cue5c. I never considered that a good memory could impede Sigilwork. :happy:

Either you can make a lot of Sigils at a time in hope of forgetting one or two and then affirm that you won’t remember, or maybe you could make mantras out of your Sigils instead. I’ll have to think about this one.

I read about just making a lot, and saving them for later, so I think I’ll try that.

This technique really doesn’t seem to have any magical aspects about it… It is just modified autosuggestion but i do believe that it could work hell i’ll give it a shot.

You could also try to create audio sigils instead.

So… when you say “destroy” the sigil do you mean completely disavow any knowledge of it ever existing? I burned it and then promptly paper shredded it and cannot remember a single thing about what I wrote.

Perfect, Hurricane. Burning, slicing, and otherwise mutilating the Sigil will suffice. If you can’t remember what it looked like or what it was for, great! Your work is done. :woot:

ok so just to clarify:

i’m NOT supposed to like keep it under my bed or something? Just make it then nuke it to hell?

NUKE. IT. TO. HELL. :devil:

I’m just making a bunch, and charging them friday =D

Good on you mate. While you work some cool LD Sigils, I’ll just stick to listening to KOЯN and working on my card magic. :grin:

Is there any scientific reasoning behind this? Although I didn’t get an LD last night, I have a very vivid ND and was close to lucidity. /me always demands scientific reasoning.

It works because it raises confidence, uses both Visual/Mantra-based Subconscious Messaging that make it better than MILD IMO, and the Placebo Effect. Usually one of these three factors cause spontaneous LDs, and once you have your first, and your belief that you can actually Lucid Dream is there, you will experience a higher frequency. Forgetting it also prevents people from trying too hard and spoiling their results. :content:

Yep, that seems reasonable. Actually, after I “charged” my sigil and burned it, I’ve been having vivid life-like dreams every night in which I have full control. I used to always hear stories of ,“WHOAH this method really works!” But I’ve actually had the best success with this. It’s as if I tricked my body into believing I WILL have vivid lucid dreams every night.

:woot:

Fantastic that my method ended up helping you with your Lucid Dreams!

I’m currently experimenting with a variation I call WBTS. :happy: Wake up early in the morning, make a Sigil, charge it, and go back to bed. Because you created it in the Hypnopompic State when your SC is active, it would work immediately. When you wake up you will have already forgotten it. :cool:

O_O

why haven’t i done this yet?

later today, i swear i will

Good luck, TRJR.
*Genkai knows that TRJR can do it! :colgate:

Don’t forget people, when burning/nuking to hell/otherwise mutilating your Sigil, take necessary safety measures.
*Genkai doesn’t enjoy being sued.

I MUST DO THIS AGAIN!!

I’m wondering, how well do people think it would work if I tried this in conjuction with WBTB?

If I make the sigil during the day and then when I wake up (I’ll be pretty much in gnosis anyway) I’ll charge it and then annihilate it and then go straight back to sleep.

mayhap I’ll try this at the weekend.

(sorry if someone mentioned this earlier, long post + bad real life memory!)

K, so i just made my sigil, it’s awesome.

I used food colouring and painted it on to rice paper, this is gonna be the tastiest Magik ever.
Looks good too, it almost seems a shame that I’m going to have to eat it and then forget it ever existed.

Maybe it needs more sugar? and some of those little silver balls?

wanders off to raid a bakery shop