Wierd dreams when sick (fever)

I wonder if high temperature in the bedroom can have the same effect as a fever? Last night, I was mostly half asleep and at the same time waiting impatiently for my moped to get activated. I had it here, but it wouldn’t work before somebody had activated it remotely like a broadband connection. It reminded me a lot of fever dreams where the real world and the dream world seem equally real, and they are difficult to describe in words.

The sun was shining through my window all night and it was probably over 25’c in my bed.

? Sun was shining all night = living near a pole? Or misprint?

The sun was shining, I live in northern Norway. It was the same temperature last night too, but there were less half-sleep dreams.

When I was a kid I used to get fevers all the time. Very strange, I was usually fine in the morning.

But anyway, I would get dilerious, and dreams and what was really going on got pretty blurrred.

I had a dream about a war between Red and Black ants, it was really intense and involved heavy machinary for some reason. I remember walking down stairs and proudly proclaming to my dad that the red ants could do whatever they want! But the memory feels like a dream.

This happened on and off for ages. Occasionly it god bad and I would be really nevrous during the night. I remember once I dremt that my mum came into my room, told me to be quite and shot me with a phaser like from star treck.

She may have actualy came into the room but I dont know.

Eventualy I stopped having them. But sometimes when I have a really bad cold they come back in a way. Eventualy I realise that Im delourious and snap out of it. I only figured out it was the fevers causing these weird dreams a few years ago. After I snapped out of one and relised how insanly warm I was.

Unfortunetly the weird and crazy dreams have turned into somthing I call “Culdisack dreams,” basically a dream that just goes round and round.

Last winter I got delerious, and spent a hours on end either dreaming or day dreaming about trying to set up a piece of audio equipment, but not being able to figure it out. I would snap out of it occasionly, but I then would fall back into it.

One of the longest nights of my life :sad:

I had a fever just last week and had a very similar experience. All night I dreamt two other people and myself were simply handing this antique object backwards and forwards. First one person would say they didn’t want it, the other person would insist, then finally the first person would relent and accept. Then the cycle would continue, between the three of us, all night! It was very frustrating :angry:

I had my first FA about a month ago while having cold/flu. No extrem fever but it was higher than usual.

Also, about 75% of the time a took vitamin B6, after 3 to 4.5 hours of sleep, I woke up in sweat with a similar fever effect. When it happens, my dreams are much more vivid (well, for me, in most case…)

Siiw : “Sun all night long” :smile: That’s unusual :tongue:

During a night, I couldn’t sleep because my dreamswere always the same : Poker. I would dream of a poker table, poker cards, chips and all the stuffs. DURING ALTHE NIGHT !!! I would wake up every hour; It was the worst night I spent ever. As if somebody woke me up every hour in the night !!

The cause : The evening before, I played Poker during 5 or 6 hours. Without breaks.

My advice : Don’t play Poker more than 5 or 6 hours. Without breaks. Your night could be very unpleasant.

when i was sick with a cold i was awake the whole night. But suddenly i woke up in RL so i guess i was dreaming about not being able to sleep. It seems that it is easy to achieve lucidity easily when temperature is high, or when you have sympotoms like dizziness.

i have a fever, and have spent most of the night collecting plants through different universes. There was a different reality for each species. I was stuck in a door, and would get hurt if somebody closed it completely. And i got a laptop, but couldn’t use it because the image on the screen appeared on my parents’ tv and disturbed it. I wonder how a higher body temperature can make dreams repeat themselves like that?

How much is 102ºF anyways in C or K?
I barely remembered dreams when I have fevers though so I wouldn’t know.

I have horrible fever dreams. But luckily i wasn’t sick this year! But ehrn i had fever dreams, they were so surreal. Yeah i heard voices and saw shadows of ants crawling all along my walls one time. this other time, i couldn’t sleep at all because my mind was stuck on this math problem that was impossible to figure out. What ever i did, i couldn’t get my mind off of it. Yes, i have crazy fever dreams.

101ºF (38.3ºC)
102ºF (38.9ºC)

Almost every time I have a fever I’ll have some extremely vivid dream and then wake up thinking I just died. In fact last time I did this I actually woke up and immediately started crying because I thought I had been resurrected (I was so delirious it was trippy).

I don’t recall having fever but when I had a cold so bad that I couldn’t go to school (puking, headache, tired, etc.) I remember some weird dream/hallucination things. It’s really hard to describe. It consisted of shapes stretching, expanding, shrinking, colliding. It was all grey. I think it can be described as a feeling of motion.
I’m not sure if it was a dream, but it was really weird anyway. :tongue:

When I’ve a fever (37C up), I can never remember my dreams. They never seemed to be stressing, though. The tiredness usually came out of the sickness :content:
BTW: When I’d have 102 degrees in fever, I’d also have a weird vision… Tunnel with a light on the end of it (seen during death) :grin:

When i get fever i know thres a hell waiting for me in the bed. I’ve heard some guys had feverdreams with giant spiders and scary stuffs like that. But my dreams are different. The thing is that i aint dreaming. I’ll describe my feverdreaming in 2 stages.

1 stage. I can’t move and i keep switching from dream to reality. And even when i’m awake i see hallucintaions. And thats usually keeping on for severeal hours. And thats not like normal sleeping when you go to bed and wake up 1 seccond later. I can feel every single hour.

2 stage. This is the most strangest part. Im in my bed, i dont know if i know it, but i know it anyway. I dreaming, but i stillnin my bed, i know it becouse i can move and i got my eyes open. I feel ill, like im about to throw up any seccond. I got hallucinations in my bedroom. And theres nothing strange, everything in the room are okay. Except from the hallucinations. Just like theres another layer. Often there are like coluours and lights and stuffs. Also in this stage its last forever. And its terrible. The funny thing is that i can look at the clock and see that the time is floating by… And its really slow… And i can feel every minute, and its a fucking hell!

When i was sick the beginning of the year i head [i]very[/] weird dreams (featuring exploding eMails amongst other things … :roll: )i think that had something to do with the strong headaches i head :wink:

You too? In fever dreams, I usually get this feeling that I’m being watched or chased. I usually have my most intense nightmares during a fever. Then I wake up in a cold sweat and have a migraine or something similar.

HeHu, I have the hallucinations too. Do you mean the feeling that time, sound is disconnected? It feels almost like you’re walking through a hot hell, with wet cotton in your ears? Every sound seems like far away? Your body feels a little tingly, shaky?

I’ve been having the time/sound, nausea, tingling sensations, and the “hot hell cotton” instances since before I can remember (The farthest back I can go is when I was five.) It seemed almost like there was a one to two minute lag between seeing things happen and hearing things happen, and even then you weren’t sure if you were real, if everything was real due to the hallucinations.

Those were extremely frightening moments to go through, especially when I was younger. :neutral:

The last time I was ill, I’d fallen alseep a couple of times throughout the day, and had a weird experience when I went to bed that night. I just spontaniously had a WILD :happy:, without even trying. I think I had another couple of LDs later that night too. Strangely, it’s the only time I’ve managed to WILD. It made up for being ill though :smile:

welli was just reading about on wiki, and it says that high stress levels or a fever can cause, nightmares, or such starnge dreams, could it have been that you where waking up needing a drink, ect, coz you already unknowingly had a slight fever over sunday?