Different styles of flying

Why the entire environment and not just a building or something? After all, Newton’s Third Law states that any force you apply to the building will be applied to you, but in reverse. (If you want to move something big without moving yourself, you can always “brace” your movement against the environment.)

I use capes and the wind, I don’t so much fly as glide from air current to air current, letting the warm air push me up as high as it will take me and then gliding along to the next.
For some reason I always seem to get in trouble whilst I’m flying, last time people started shooting at me, claiming that I was a vampire! (granted, I was a vampire, but that’s not the point!)

I had one LD so far and one of the first thing I tried was flying. It’s kind of strange. I didn’t think of any specific technique I just took off. :smile: I didn’t get above tree high though but IIRC I didn’t even try it. I then mentaly drifted off while flying and woke up. :sad:

i sometimes fly like a missile or supper man i also like to breaststroke and kick my butt at the same time sometimes i lay down and eliminate gravity

I have used object assistance once and the object was a balloon. Yea it was a bit slow but totally fun. Hard to steer though. I usually just glide and I seem to go fast enough and to be able to steer.

when i flew in an ld once i didnt have to do anything and i couldnt steer
i just banged into stuff and changed directions

In my childhood LD’s either I used the Nothing method or a variation where I hovered over the ground and moved the ground really fast below me until I was at my destination instead of me flying.

The only flying technique I have ever used (I have only had one LD) was the ‘growing wings’ one. I had to conjore a mirror so I knew I actually had wings (they were dragon wings) and for my 10 seconds of lucidy, it was excellent. Then I started to fade out into another dream. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

My favourite styles of flying are supermen and transfer wave, which I call “Wind” :content: . Wind is very easy to achieve for me. I can control a speed of my Wind and form. The Wind can transform itself into flying platform or magic carpet etc.

Just run super fast and use that to take off then just glide with it.

my prefered way to fly is with a broomstick, as i know i’m in control and i can take people with me.

Superman style is my favorite!

I fly extremely fast in my dreams. Sometimes it’s a little frightening because I fly at breakneck speed, but I’ve had so much practice, I miraculously never crash.

I also use superjump. When I stop ascending, I [i]dive[/i] through the air as if it were water. But I keep my eyes on where I’m trying to fly too. I’ve only tried this when I fly DOWN.

Oh, I’d like to try flying on a broomstick ^^

I usually do superman, because I’ve find everytim I do a different method I end up crashing to the ground and it gets really annoying! :meh:

if i were to use object assistance, it would have to be a life-size inflatable version of my old english teacher.

Omg, I can’t stop laughing!! Damn! Hahahaha! Haaaaaa…haa…ha…ha… Okay.

But serously, broomsticks!

I just thrust my weight forward, hands out to the front or side and will myself to lift from the ground. It’s kind of a floating, bird like style. I’m very flexible, looping, twisting, turning, diving. Not very high at all, yet in complete control.

Lift off from a tornado. :tongue:
It’s very fun.

I first started out with the swimming method. It was the only way I could fly at the time… it felt so embarrassing. I remember telling people I could fly. They didn’t believe me, then I would start flapping my hands, take off into the sky, and then they would believe me. Once I did that and the guy I was near took off superman style and called me a novice flyer! I don’t think he was a DC. lol

Nowadays, I just fly, because I know lucidity means no limits. I guess I use the “imagine it” or the “nothing” method… I find it funnest to fly by using a spaceship of my construction. :tongue:

And like Rotten Apples, I fly extremely fast also. It’s hard for me to slow down once I get zoomin’. I’ve nearly splat into mountains countless times.

In my most recent dream, I made a car fly…

It was pretty sweet, though I had to command the car to fly UP. The steering wheel would only move it left and right.

D: