Make things appear?

Do any of you have a hard time making things happen in a dream?
I don’t have any problems obtaining lucidity… but when I am lucid I have trouble making stuff appear and happen…
I had one last night I couldn’t walk through a wall… I couldn’t make someone appear… I couldn’t make some pot appear or anything :neutral:

I had trouble crossing walls at first, but when you retry just think to your self “This is my dream! I can do what i want!!” and if you believe it will happen.

hmm will try… the weird thing is I have done it several times and the last few I have had difficulty controling stuff.
Thanks.
If I become lucid tonight i will try harder.

Do not try: Do. It is your mind so you can do whatever (and I mean whatever) you want. Do not try. Know it will happen. It will happen tonight.

Yep, whatever you expect to happen is what happens.

i never tried much but last night i tried to make things appear but i couldnt. all that happened was a crack and a pop when i tried. i tried lots of times but only that annoying sound comes up so i hav a hard time trying too.

Even with the omnipotent state of mind in my dreams, I NEVER have full control… EVER.

I have to manipulate DCs by asking them to do something, find someone, or get something for me (such as asking my pet cat to find a certain DC) or altering the environment (such as saying “When I go through that door, I’ll be in Italy” or something similar to that).

Don’t try and make things appear just do it.

Okay heres a way someone once put it.
Look at your hand. move your fingers. They moved no problem right.
Now look at your hand and think move fingers. Nothing.
I really don’t want to go into it that much but its as easy as that.

Don’t think about it in dreams just do it. If you think you doubt, you doubt it won’t work. You must have any doubt.

Yeah, don’t doubt. I see that you are doubting. Questions usually lead to doubts. If you say: “I haven’t accomplished…” then you probarly will have a hard time doing it.

On my last LD, I didn’t even think about what I really do. I just did it. I didn’t pay attention to if it works or not. I just did it. It is really as simple as that.

Believe! It’s the key word! Everything works in a dream. :happy:

What you should do, is imagine the object there. It usually works great, even if it doesn’t make the object appear.

I tried to make a baseball bat in a dream. I got a little Nerf bat that broke into two foamy pieces on the first person’s head. It is hard to get full control of dreams. But it’s amazing how when your body basically shuts down you’re in this little dreamland created entirely by your mind, and you can essentially wrestle control from your subconscious. I believe that lucid dreaming is essentially you fighting with your subconscious for control of the dream, and that at no time to you have complete control of it.

I’ve had just 1 LD but I could easily make things appear or change the environment.
I closed my eyes or covered them, thought/said what I wanted and snapped with my fingers. When I opened my eyes again, there was what I wanted respectively I was where I wanted to be :wink: Using this method always worked for me.

I used to have this problem, about not being able to create, or spawn something.
ex: I was trying to spawn a perfect apple, but it would come up half eaten, rotten, with a worm in it.

But trust me, You don’t need to worry about it, in time, you will be able to spawn better stuff. I think you can’t create stuff easily because you have never done it before, and you don’t know if you can do it. But you can, you just don’t know yet. So in time, you will master it. (This is what happened to me personally, so if you have been dreaming for a long time and still have this problem, maybe the stuff below will help)

Also, this is what I would do, I would close me eyes, (if you think your eyes are going to open in IRL then don’t do this) or you can turn around and turn back and it will be there.

Or you can do what i do, and use the all-purpose “I wish ______” method. When i first discovered this, i first thought “alright!!” because i didn’t know it was possible to manipulate dreams (remember, my first LDs were a result of two years of constant nightmares). I tried it out by saying things like “I wish to see (meaning “spawn ___”) insert name here” and various other spawning things. Then i stopped being able to wish things, and i was given another wish by a dream god, with which i said “I wish to have unlimited wishes”.

Ever since then, i’ve had no problem whatsoever making things happen

My method that I’ve recently mastered is to hold my hands out (if it can be held), look away, and fully expect the object to be there when I look back. Works every time!

i reached into my pocket to give my sister money :razz: and nothing was there, then i felt it materialize in my hand, its pretty cool.

In my FIRST, I easily made myself into my character, made a hair brush and a few pens(Although I might of been losing lucid there to be DRAWING my eye makeup in pens…)
Although I tried to make someone appear, but I wanted it to be the real person(so he can learn lucid dreams too xD) not just in my mind so I think that’s why it didn’t work.

I’ve had the reach-into-your-pocket-to-retrieve-whatever-you-want technique work for me in the past. It’s a nice way of fooling your disbelieving brain into producing the object it could have created all along.

Up until recently I had trouble morphing myself. What I used to try and do is speak out a command to try and change myself. Either nothing happened or the dream would just suddenly fade out and end. It would’nt suprise me if it was because of somekind of mental block or self doubt that this was happening.

On my most recent LD on 21st february (Viewable in DJ) I saw myself in a mirror and remembered my past mistake of using aural commands. Instead I took up a digitigrade posture similar in relation to Mewtwo and “mentally willed” myself to become Mewtwo and it really did work with full detail, bodily sensations and everything. Of course being a first morph and all it took my breath away, with the sheer realism of it all so that dream was cut short before the change completed fully.

Basically the bottom line is have absolute belief and whatever it is you want can and will happen. :smile:

…sensations meant how it felt right? Morphing was my main reason for attempting LD’s…especially after being a pikachu in a non-lucid dream…but I only felt smaller :meh:

I wouldn’t think making things appear would be hard