5-HTP

i will order it today.
tnx for info.

Thank you again Hatter for your expertise,
and Navigator… I would definantly like to hear how your HTP experience goes.

got the pills today. i will test them few days and report.

nutritional value per capsule:
niacin 30 mg
B6 10 mg
folacin 100 mcg
biotin 50 mcg
zinc 5 mg
5-HTP 100mg

Hmmm, I just have straight 5-HTP. Is that pill marketed as anything in particular? I’m just wondering becuase I’m not sure how those B vitamins are going to effect the 5-HTP.

it is from Healthy Direct, Seratone 5-HTP.

I wonder why they added all of those other vitamins? Strange.

So how did it go?

I’m wondering now too…

i didn’t write report yet because the testing was too short and heavy interrupted with inconsistent sleep pattern. last week i took the pills 3 times (3 x 3 pills). first time the effect was quite strong, the other two times there was no noticeable effect. but as i said before, sleeping was influenced by many other factors.

im taking 200mg of 5htp tonight vouple hours before i go to bed…

ill post a report tmw.

well i can confirm this is true,

the overall vividness was one i hadnt seen in a long time

although i wouldnt advise taking 5htp for ld purposes alone.

:cool:

I just picked up some 200 mg 5-htp pills from GNC, and plan to start taking it either today or tomorrow.

I will be posting the results I get in this thread.

This stuff is supposed to help a lot for insomnia, but it also greatly increases the amount of time you spend in REM sleep. So I get to look forward to lots and lots of dreaming per night.

5-HTP is great. Enjoy

In what way? I’m going to take it tonight. What have you experienced with it?

I would try that but I can’t think of a way to ask my parents without them laughing at me lol. Nobody I know gets the point of lucid dreaming.

I have taken it for really spectacular mood enhancement.
I have notice better quality of dreams and sleep. I wake more rested when I take it and remember more dreams. 5-HTP is great for so many things. Books have been written on it.

Because 5-HTP boost serotonin it will sharpen your mind, help you in studying and with your level of attention. 5-HTP also rebuilds the body and mind from stress. Do some research and gear your comments to your parents toward everything else but lucid dreaming.

If I take it close to when I go to bed, to help insomnia, do you think I will still get the help from it throughout the next day?

my recommendation is in the first month you take about 300mg a day spread over the day in 100mg doses that will rejuvenate your brain and body from years of damage. After that you can take a 100mg dose at night before bed. The effects on your body and mind will only increase.

I have 200 mg tablets so maybe I’ll start with just taking it at night before bed, and later on buying 100 mg tablets to take throughout the day.