How to Choose Your Technique

The first time I saw this site I was super motivated but now im low motivated but still try every night.

Motivation is the key of LD’ing. If you’re no more motivated, wait and try later.

Thanks for the guide! I am a fast sleep/motivated. It is encouraging to know that I have a good chance of LD. I’ll keep trying these techniques! :wink:

This guide is really good! I am currently looking for some other techniqes to try since FILD and CALD havent got me LDs for ages. Since I am in the high motivation/slow sleeper catagory (at the moment at least :grin: ) Im going to try MILD (Ive never actually used it before) So thanx :content:

Wow, that’s really nice. :content: I also learnt something from it. Thanks!

Its good to still be highly motivatled now

im hopeing my want to have alot of lds is high enough motivation to do it cause i fall asleep slow THANKS :grin:

Can someone suggest to me a method? Or give me some advice?

WBTB is the one I experienced last (but not on purpose, I was simply thinking of Lucid Dreams before trying to squeeze an extra hour of sleep into my schedule) and whenever I do this, it is extremely powerful, but I haven’t managed to do it again for the past week.

MILD works a very low percentage of the time for me.

WILD has NEVER worked (and I’ve had four, five years practice)

I haven’t tried any other method… (dream foods haven’t been much help either… :lol: )

• I’m generally slow at falling asleep.
  • I have a 50/50 motivation. I REALLY want to LD, but I don’t have much confidence since I’ve failed quite often in the past years.

Dream foods are quite no help, with the exception of placebo effect. :tongue:

WILD is just discouraging when you have no results… what happens pretty often. :sad:

Have you tried TR’s? Alone, or better, in conjunction with autosuggestion or MILD, it gives good results.

And when you write down your dreams, pay attention to prelucid dreams. They are the sign that you are near to lucidity. If you don’t have prelucid dreams, it means that you’re practising in a somewhat wrong way.

A good starting point is always to do RC throughout the day, every day…make a listing of events that you do throughout the day, and make a listing of dreamsigns (a good reason to keep a DJ), also choose a couple of RCs and do them whenever something on your list crops up

If you do this enough, you’ll start to perform RCs in dreams, it’ll become a habit, then, once you’ve realised you’re dreaming, bam!, you’re in an LD

doing habitual RCs is probably the best way to increase LD chances as it’s much easier to just fall asleep and have a DILD than most other methods out there, i’d say, keep doing this with WBTB and you’ll see success…also, after waking up, it’ll be much easier to fall asleep so you might want to try WILD…if that fails?, well you’ve still got your RCs to fall back on, lol

Another thing about WBTB, make sure you stay awake long enough to not be cloudy minded, I think that going to sleep for 6 hours, staying up for 1.5 hours and then going back to sleep for 1.5 hours is the general consensus

Also, in the 90 mins you are awake, make sure to fill your mind with LD material, post on the forums, read guides, FAQs, anything to build confidence, also keep telling yourself that you WILL have a lucid dream, autosuggestion can help

I hope this helps, and remember you WILL have a lucid dream tonight! :wink: :content:

I need advice on what direction i should pursue

I’ve used MILD, and it helped me remember a dream i had that first night of trying, after a good month of not dreaming or just forgeting, so it helps me remember the dreams, but most of them are either 3rd person or seemingly normal, but not lucid, and they don’t have anything unusual happening most of the time, actually most of the dreams i have i don’t realize im having / had until i wake up and remember them, kinda like im not enjoying them, but rather just having them (is that normal or no ?)

And then i’ve tried WILD, where i’ve managed to get HI as my body falls asleep, but no further, like i just can’t break the barrier into the dream to have my fun

So i was wondering if i should stick to MILD, since i fall asleep slowly and thats the suggested tech., until the dream recall is detailed and such or that i actually enjoy them in real time (like actually feeling im there, but not lucid, etc) and then try to use those to try and induce a lucid dream with another tech (suggestions would be helpfull)

Or should i keep trying WILD with the chance that i might be able to make it work ?

Any advice, tips, suggestions, technique’s,etc would be helpful

It’s funny how I’ve had hundreds of LD’s since I was born, but no advanced technique has really worked for me. I usually just realize I’m dreaming, or on the odd occasion I’ll be tired enough to get a lucky WILD. I think Auto-Suggestion helps too. Some times I’ll go a month and only have like 2 LDs, and sometimes I’ll have a week or two where I have LD’s nearly every night.

thanks for the great topic but what should i do to keep myself focused for WILD?

I do the WBTB method then WILD but what should i focus on? im finding it tricky to let my body fall asleep while letting my brain staty focused.

Thanx, niall

thanks for the great topic but what should i do to keep myself focused for WILD?

I do the WBTB method then WILD but what should i focus on? im finding it tricky to let my body fall asleep while letting my brain staty focused.

Thanx, niall

Thanx, niall

One way is to count, but you can find yourself getting off track after a while.

I find counting bad actually, hehe, just breath deeply to keep you concentrated :wink:

Same here. Counting never really worked for me. It just kept me up all night (No I wasn’t dreaming either).

Great topic, Great explanations! :content:

I’ve had several natural ld’s, where i’m aware that I’m dreaming. My question, is though more about keeping the lucidity and control. Ist there a technique that improves that? When it happens spontaneously, its not a problem, but since I started trying to make it happen, I’d realize that I was dreaming and that just wakes me up right away. I’m under the highly motivated/fast sleeper and whenever I wake up then go back to sleep I always have much stronger dreams. Its like a natural WBTB. I think almost all my pre-lucids have come that way.
What do all of you think?

Yes, there are several techniques to help attain your lucidity. One of them is to spin on your axis (it might just take you to another dream scene too), you could also try and rub your hands together, just take in the scene and become aware of everything around you, and one I heard recently was to stop, drop and roll (I don’t know if this one has been tested yet).