Taste in Dreams

I was in a dream, not a Lucid one but a dream which returned to the same place as one of my previous dreams during the week. This place had a feeling as if it was “hell”… though thinks weren’t burning the world around me was darkish, and many thinks foul and mouldy.

During my dream I was sitting near a couple of people in my family… I had a bite of this big-round-green vegetable thing… I remember tasting it! It tasted aweful… I am glad though that I didn’t eat what the others were… they had “hotdogs” where the meat was very “manly” (if you know what I mean :eek:).

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced tasting stuff in their dreams before… i’ve tasted things only a couple of times now but it’s definately possible - I just hope to taste something where it is GOOD and not something very foul looking.

Yep. I’ve tasted donuts, grass, chocolate, Q’s cookies, and an apple. All tasted like they would in RL. Q’s cookies were amazing by the way.

Yes, I have had many dreams where I ate cakes, pies and other deserts that were delicious. Also dreams where I eat more boring things like chicken or hamburgers. In one lucid dream I ate an omelette that was pretty good. But generally in lucids I don’t have interest in eating.

I had a slice of dream pizza once. It tasted awesome.

I had a dream I was eating (well…actually, licking to be technical) a delicious vanilla ice cream cone. When I woke up I was licking my blanket.

Many have told me that they don’t taste much in lucid dreams when they eat. But not me! One of my favorite trivial pleasures in a lucid dream is pigging out on delicious gourmet cooking! and how great is the zero calories : )

i cant remember what, but have had some really vivid tastes. but its dependant really, i have had those “AARGH! IM LOOZING MY TEETHSES!” dreams, and i dident taste the blood, even though it was flwoing from my mouth O_o… but then again i have had dream that where about food where i had very good foodses =D
i think it depends on on what you are expecting

In a recent lucid dream, I remembered a similar thread about eating in dreams and how one person ate rocks and they tasted delicious, so…

I saw this black Mustang on the parking lot and decided to give it a taste. I licked the hood and it tasted like car (or what I imagine car would taste like), so I decided to try the door.

Which also tasted like car.

How fun, a topical topic for me. Last night I was lucid and decided to drink a bunch of coke. At first it was a quite faint taste, but the more I drank the more vivid it became and the CO2 fizzed more in my mouth. It just became more realistic, even the coolness. It was nice because I had thought about doing this before but never got around to it.
Previously I have tasted some salt, it was salty. And I woke up salivating.
Way back I tried some sort of pastry, It was very chewy and very bland. Not nice at all.

I have eaten delicious pastries (that don’t exist in real life), as well as my favorite vanilla ice cream. The taste was exactly the same (and even better) than the real one; the only difference being it wasn’t cold.

I don’t usually taste things in dreams, which is bizarre because I cook a lot.

Haha, awesome u guys.

Last night I had some sort of Muffin dipped in this strange drink. The guy in the dream was sorta forcing me to try it, so I dipped the Muffin in the drink and it tasted crossed-between foul and awesome, if that makes any sense. It gave me this weird feeling when I ate it… I think it was the special liquid which gave it that “taste”.

Awesome… I think i’m going to have to try and eat some more food in lucid dreams.

Expandable crumbs. That’s all I gotta say.

I had a dream where my mouth was bleeding, except for i did actually taste the blood, and it so realistic i couldnt believe it. And when i woke up the roof of my mouth was actually really sore and there was a very faint taste of blood. Does anyone think your real tastebuds can transcend into your dreams? or was it just a coincidence. I may have woken up in the middle of the night before this dream and tasted the blood then and just dreamed about it, but i dont remember.

ive expireanced taste and pain before i was set on fire and that HURT!

I’ve never eaten in a lucid dream before, but I’ve had normal dreams where I ate really, really delicious stuff.

I had a dream where I was at a water park that had disgustingly brownish-red water. I tripped and fell and tasted the water. lol That, was a nightmare!

I once saw some chewing gum advertised on TV, I had a ND where I ate some, and it tasted so realistic, I woke up amazed at how vivid the taste was.

I’ve never eaten anything in an LD, and i don’t remember eating anything in a regular dream.

I can comment on this…

This morning, I dreamt I ate Eggo waffles. The first waffle was actually crispy, although it had no discernible taste. The last two were in all truth, the saddest, soggiest and single most worst things to have slithered down my throat - in dreams and waking life.

Taste in dreams is a double-edged sword of subconscious spite…

i’ve never thought to actually smell something in a lucid dream until after reading this thread, so i did it one night, but the closest thing around me that i could try smelling was a piece of rubber, so i sniffed it and to my amazement, it smelt like rubber. I’ll have to try it out more often on other things. I often find myself in a deli or at a restuarant eating the tastiest food in the world, and icecream popsicles that look like an intristic piece of artwork, so i’ll have to remember to smell it before i eat it.