How long have you gone without sleep?

I’ve been awake in 23 and a half hours!
I slept in a tent. There were too much people in that tent, and didn’t sleep so good that night. I Had someone’s foot in my back.
I get a headache everytime I think of it … Bad memories!

I’ve done about 36 several times but never really wanted to try longer. I get really cynical when I go for long periods without sleep and I have so far FORCED myself to sleep after the 36 hour mark so that I can get stuff done. I’m positive that if I had to I could last at least 36 hours longer, as I’m usually not even sleepy hence I had to force myself to go to sleep.

I have been a awake for +/- 26 hours. I felt like I was drunk. In the morning it felt like it was evening. I had to laugh all the time and world felt like a dream.

Lately I was awake for 22 hours. Soon I’ll try to break that record by staying awake for 30/40 hours. :happy:

During the school year, I sometimes end up going up to something like 36 on some days.

I was talking to my friend at work today. He was off yesterday, so stayed up from sunday after work until yesterday afternoon. 28 hours total.

I told him I would beat that on thursday/friday :tongue: (I’m off on friday) So I just won’t go to bed thursday night. I’m sure I can do it. I can also sleep in saturday morning, I don’t work till 12:30 :razz:

This will break my last record of about 19/20 hours :tongue:

I think that the maximum amount of time i’ve stayed awake was about 30 hours, i couldnt sleep and it was a few days after christmas so i spent the night listening to the radio on my mp4, aswell as reading stuff on it. When i went into town with my mum the next day, i felt really spaced out and it was kinda weird, almost like i wasn’t actually there.

the maximum number is about 30-31 hours it was an after school lock in and i went to school that day and was up about 6 in the morning and stayed up all night at the school then went the next day due to not being a graduate and didn’t sleep till about 9 in the morning. so it was crazy started speaking all sort of gibberrish and wasn’t making any sense what so ever.

i have went 2 days straight without sleep (48 hours and 25 minutes to be exact) i was on a road trip with my friends right after school let out, for the summer.

Magic_Dreamer

i went for about 2 days off the end of a psychedelic adventure, had to work on the 2nd, starting seeing white rabbits darting in front of cars, and decided that was enough.

-pickle flavor shaving gel

I’ll have been up about 40-42 hours by the time I go to sleep tonight.

I’m currently at 30 hours, but I’m a little dissapointed, I feel completely normal! :tongue:

[edit]I’m now at 40 hours, and still feel perfectly normal. Just hungry. :tongue:

/me gets a cookie.
:cookiemon:

I hope i haven started a competition here…

At 20 hours (my maximum) i just felt tired and unsociable. not psychadelic lol.

Heh, I just did that for the experience. It was fun :tongue:

I was officially awake for 43 hours. :yes:

I will break that though. I could have kept going actually, I wasn’t tired, but I had work the next day :razz:

40 hours. It wasn’t fun.

I’m starting to notice that people either love it or hate it, there seems to be no in between. I personally liked staying up for so long. To me it was like a science experiment where I was the testing mouse.
One thing I definitely noticed though is that there is like a wall at the 24 hour mark. I was tired until I watched the sunrise at the 24 hour mark, then suddenly I had energy again and didn’t feel tired for the rest of the time I was awake.

No, in my opinion it’s not “the 24th hour” (or “the Nth hour”) that matters for your getting to suddenly feel fresh. It’s the sunrise. Something beautiful and intimately touching sweeps the fatigue away. A view, a song, somebody’s words to you.
(Apart from that, they say that sungazing (gazing, but only at sunsets and sunrises, not the period in-between) is a practice which can energize a lot, even replace food or sleep to some extent).

In my office we listen to the radio all day long while working. Early in the morning I have a sleepy fierce look on my face - until the moment some lovely song enters my ears. :happy: …or an interesting topic starts being discussed among us…or a surprise happens.
A few seconds of pure joy - and no desire to sleep for the rest of the day. (Note: -----that’s after 1 or 2 sleepless nights. My record: about 4 days. I can’t get asleep before 2 a.m. and I usually surf the net until that time. Getting up: 6.30 a.m. Some other days - when I work second shift: 12 p.m. Compensation). After each 3 hours of night sleep I move and act mechanically until something interesting arrives to enliven me. I avoid short (for 2-3 hours) sleeping during the daytime (the so called naps). This feels nasty to me. (The 5-minutes’ restorative ones with just closed eyes and full turn-off though are ok).
It’s very pleasant to go to bed at 4 or 5 or 6 a.m.

The longest I’ve gone is about 2 days but i’m not very sure of the actual time. I’ve never had ny wierd affects from it though. On the wikipedia sleep deprevation it says it might give you lucid dreams when you eventually go to sleep hmmm… Lol it also says sleep deprevation can cause sleep XD.

Somewhere around 36 hours. I’m going to break it though. Starting now. This sounds like it might be fun.

I messed up, accidentally fell asleep around 20 hour mark. I’m going to try again, I got a little too comfortable I guess.

I said 74-98. I used to forget to sleep sometimes.