The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3

I want to try. It will be interesting.

I’ll have a go :grin: the past few days recall has been a problem :sad: Hopefully this will improve it :smile:

Thanks for the reminder Magnus, I want to join too :cool:

About the timezone thing, maybe you can just say that you should dream about it from … to … and post the new task as early as possible, and you can still post your dream after the new task is posted, but just remember to put a date on it.

The timezone trouble is solved this way, instead of the LC for one week, the time is doubled so that you have 2 days to complete each task.
Plus remember you can always try and do them later in the challenge to but then you will not get the 10 bonus points.
I will post the first challenge tonight the deadline will be 18:00 GMT so that means Tuesday 18:00 GMT the next task will be posted and you should dream and post before that if you want your points and bonus.

The rules of the game can be found in the first post:
[The lucidity challenge - LC1, LC2 and LC3)

So watch this topic for updates, first task to be posted 18:00 GMT today the latest.

If you don’t know when 18:00 GMT is, look at the time of this post.

The second task will be posted at monday 18:00 GMT.
The first task is:

Get a Dream Character in your dream to tell you about one of his or her dreams.
Ask the question but no reply= 5 points
Ask the question and get a short reply like, I had a dream about monkeys=10 points
Ask the question and get a description of the whole DC’s dream=20 points.

yay :happy:
i always like asking DC’s questions ^^

I will so have a LD tonight… :hyper:

Ok, time zones are making this a mess for me to figure out. :tongue:
The first challenge was made on Saturday GMT, and the second one is going to be tuesday, so that makes 3 days instead of 2 right?
Also, how will scoring work with the increased time? Do we just take our highest lucidity score and whatever task points we can manage over those days, or is it still scored nightly?

Regardless, I went to sleep shortly after the time of the task post and I just woke up from my very first lucid dream(I think)! I’m not totally sure, because when I woke up, my first feeling was that something was off about myself during the dream, and some of my actions were inexplicable. I think part of this may have come from slipping in and out of lucidity at a few points without really noticing. Nevertheless, I was aware that I was dreaming for almost the entire dream, which would seem to make it lucid by definition. :smile:

I didn’t actually see the post though, so no task related events.

[LD]The first thing I remember is having intensely strong knowledge that I was dreaming. I found myself staring at my hands for a fairly long time, noting how the fingers were transparent and how there seemed to be one too many on each hand. As I stared I became more and more convinced that I was dreaming. I then held me a nose for a second and found that I could breathe, at which point I no longer had any doubt and immediately became very excited.

I kept myself together enough to think clearly though. I was in a spacious secluded room and I didn’t feel confident enough to leave, but I wanted to try flying, so I just sort of floated up to the ceiling and hovered around the room. This wasn’t very exciting, but it helped me get acclimated. After a while, I came down and checked outside the door.

The environment warped a little and as I came out I found myself outside an open door to another room. I went inside and found a girl there who seemed to be expecting me. I felt a strong urge to kiss her. She sensed my intention was willing to go along with it, but here expression was completely blank. I touched her on the shoulder and said “You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” to which she simply replied, “I don’t want to.” So I let the whole thing drop and moved on elsewhere.

I lost lucidity for a while here as I soon found myself riding in a car next to a DC I’ll call Su. After a moment, she turned to me and said "There’s not much point in just sitting in this car. You know you’re dreaming, right?"I did another hand check and. . .

became lucid again. I turned to her and say “That’s a good point. Thanks. By the way, would you mind reminding me the next time I’m dreaming?” She agreed happily and I stepped out of the car.

I was now standing in the driveway of my house. There was a door that was split 4 unevenly sized glass panels. The smallest panel was half broken with jagged edges in the middle and the largest one had some writing etched into it, which I couldn’t read. My mother appeared and asked me to bring a handkerchief through the door. I pushed it through the broken panel, being careful not to cut it on the sharp edges. Then she gave me another, much larger one, which I could tell would only fit through the largest panel.

In order to accomplish this task, I decided to turn the glass into a liquid. I motioned towards it with my hand and focused on it. Soon afterwards the entire glass panel started to flow. I pulled the handkerchief through, but as I did so, the letters etched into the panel fell off. I was concerned for a moment, but my mother rubbed the panel with a cloth and the letters appeared once more.

I turned back towards the driveway and saw one of my classmates standing next to a bicycle with a can of “death” colored spray paint. He said provocatively to me, “Hey, does killing bicycles end lucid dreams?” I told him that was ridiculous. As he started to spray the bicycle with the spray paint I felt everything rapidly slipping away and I suddenly remembered that he was absolutely right. Killing bicycles does end lucid dreams! I woke up.[/LD]

Ahh such an amazing experience! :rofl: Sorry if that was too long. I’ll try to keep it shorter next time.

umbrus: Thanks, you pointed out my mistake, the next task will not be posted on tuesday, it will be posted on monday(tomorrow).
The scoring will work as normally, even a normal day, you can sleep several times :wink:.

what a cool LD umbrus! :happy: I love how your DC helped you stay lucid, and the ending was just funny :lol: great dream! I think he deserves bonus points for that magnus :tongue: He did talk with DC’s and they did talk about dreams :yes:

I haven’t had a LD last night, i’ll try again tonight :smile:

I did it :content:

Monday 16 july 2007
[kin=44]
Yellow Overtone Seed

DC dream code (ND)
I’m chatting with magnus, it’s about the code to use for the DC dream of the challenge. I look at a list of codes, they look like HTML codes and I have to find the right one.

I wake up and think, well at least I have had a ND now about the challenge :tongue:

I have other dreams, and I wake up, it’s getting light already, i should have that LD soon now or else it is too late. I drift back to sleep

Mag the DC
So I drift back to sleep with the challenge in my mind, and i’m still in that half sleep/half awake stage when i suddenly “see” magnus talking to me as if he has just send me a private chat message.

“remember that you have to ask a DC about his dreams”

note how he didn’t say remember the game :tongue:

And I instantly become lucid! :yay: I almost flip out of the fragile dream because I’m not deep in the dream yet, I can still feel myself lying in bed. I focus and hold on to the dream.

[LD]I am chatting with magnus and I say (i just say it outloud)

Are you a DC?

And I see mag’s reply as text on some kind of screen.

Mag: Ja :

He uses a smiley like a horizontal :, more like … but higher. It’s also the :tongue: smiley. He types “Ja” but also “Yes”. What I mean is that i see him write, I know what it says but if i really try to read the word it is more that I get the meaning than really see the word.

I say (i don’t type):“Good, tell me a dream.”

Mag immediately starts to type in different font colors, one is bold red, and what he writes is actually exactly the same as what I had written earlier in my DJ.

Not sure if that is a FM or a DM or a real memory, but i remember somehow writing/typing my dreams before I became lucid. - I can’t remember what the dream was about though :meh:

I say: “that’s not fair, you are just copying my dream!”

He continues, but now instead of seeing him write I hear him talk. He speaks dutch but with a very northern accent like “Zaai” And I get distracted listening to the way he talks instead of what he’s actually saying.

He’s now going on about a movie that he’s making with school and with the help of LD4all (he writes ld4all) it will become reality.

I know Mag has indeed a very northern dutch accent (eg: swedish :tongue: ) but in my dream it was a dutch northern accent, and I could understand what he was saying

Then i see a webpage about it he has made, black bg, white or yellowish text or red maybe, it’s a long story and in the end he says yes on my school we can do this we will make a movie and thanks to ld4all it will become real, also thanks to [some other name – which i remember as the name of the school.[/LD]

I wake up, Task completed! :happy:

Thanks mag :content:

taskmaker: Magnus
Dreamers:

1. pasQuale 60 (30 lucid points, 20 task points and 10 bonus points)
  2. Lizzahy 0 points
  3. onorm 0 points
  4. Rodrigo 0 points
  5. umbrus 30 points (30 lucid points)
  6. ilovelucid 0 points
  7. Siiw 0 points
  8. TwilightDreamer 0 points
  9. Dragon73 0 points
  10. Sandra 0 points

task 2 is: Fly To The Moon.(remember that you can still do the first task but you won’t get any bonus points).

The points:
Fly but never go to the moon=5 points
Get to the moon but not by flying=10 points
Fly to the moon=20 points

I hope everyone knows where the moon is, Good Luck.
And remember everything is easy in a dream. :content:
/Magnus

P.S. Task 3 will be posted 18:00 GMT on Wednesday.

oh no…i post too late?

-I meet my sister in a mall that doesn’t exist IRL. Something makes me lucid while drinking coffee. The first thing I think of is the lucidity challenge on LD4all! “T! What do you dream about?” She says “I dream about K, look!” K appears behind the cafe’s counter. Since he is dead IRL, I take it as a sure sign that it is a dream, and hug him. He smiles. Other people from our old home town appear, and we go looking through the mall.

My sister and me are the only “lucid” people in the mall, the others are “DCs”. It is almost like we speak a language that they don’t know. We have fun taking things from the shops and wearing or eating them. I can drink as much coffee as I want without getting sick…I want to try all the different kinds!

Or i would have gotten 10 points for my sister’s reply. :tongue:

you dreamt it last night so i think you are still in time :happy:

glares at mag :tongue:

Dreamers:

1. pasQuale 60 (30 lucid points, 20 task points and 10 bonus points)
  2. Lizzahy 0 points
  3. onorm 0 points
  4. Rodrigo 0 points
  5. umbrus 30 points (30 lucid points)
  6. ilovelucid 0 points
  7. Siiw 60 points(30 lucid points, 20 task points and 10 bonus points)
  9. Dragon73 0 points
  10. Sandra 0 points

I’m being nice today and because siiw posted it so close to the deadline and maybe because I hadn’t been clear enough anyway.

But from now on, please post your dreams before the deadline, so I know that you dreamt it before the deadline.
So that I can give you bonus points if you have the right to it.
Task 2 bonus point deadline is wednesday 18:00 GMT.

Monday 16 – Tuesday 17 July 2007

To the moon
Lucid Meta Dream

I’m going to sleep.
I’m sleeping and I realise I’m dreaming. I’m not very lucid but I remember that I want to fly to the moon for the Lucidity challenge. I see D. is there too and we’re going to the moon together. (Yesterday when talking to D. I said I was going to fly to the moon this night and he said alone? That’s boring. So we decided he would come with me :slight_smile: Flying to the moon goes pretty fast actually, I didn’t think I would see the moon from that close that fast. We’re almost there, ready to land, but my sister is making a lot of noises which makes me wake up. I see my sister and she’s still making the noise. Unlike usual she’s sleeping in the same room as I am. I’m going to get ready for the day and take a shower.

Later I wake up for real. I still try to fall asleep, since it’s rather early for me, but I can’t fall asleep again. So I decided to go to LD4all and write this down.

congratulations! well done :happy:

I had no luck tonight, but that was because I was too busy :tongue: (see my DJ)

I got some flying in a FLD, but no moon or real lucidity.

Some flying in a LD this night, but still no moon! It didn’t even cross my mind!

I did it :grin: twice :grin:
Flying to the moon I
I manage to go back to sleep, and decide not to worry about any tasks, but in the event of lucidity i’ll remember the moon task.

i’m in my childhood home, in my parent’s house. [LD]For some reason I realize I must be dreaming. I remember the moon task and jump out of the window.

I’m outside on the street and look to the sky, there is the moon. I have to fly towards it. I call out for someone to help me fly to the moon.

In response, the moon drops from the sky and lands a few metres in front of my feet. It’s the same size as it was in the sky, but now it’s a curved moon, and it’s flat. I laugh.

But this probably wouldn’t count as flying to the moon, so instead of walking towards it i fly towards it :tongue: [/LD]

wake up

This was a very short LD, around half a minute or something, felt even shorter.

drift back to sleep

Flying to the moon II
I’m running through a hospital like building, enjoying the fact that I can walk through things. Someone is behind me, following me for some reason and I enjoy walking through walls and doors just to confuse him. He enters a room where I’m in and asks who I am.

[LD]In response I become fully lucid. I’m dreaming! I do the nose RC to verify - again, it is hard to decide wether i’m breating or not - You’d think that was easy to decide, but somehow i am not sure if i’m still able to breathe because somehow air still comes through my nose, or if it is because i’m dreaming.

I look at my hands, they change shape. Ah, ok, really a dream.

I’m not entirily sure if this RC scene was in the first LD or the second

I decide to do the Moon task again, this time try and really fly to it, instead of having the moon fly to me.

I jump out of the window to fly away. Look at the moon. Call out for help again to fly towards it.

A perspective change. Instead of looking up towards the sky, i’m now flying through the universe and the moon is looming in front of me. In the blackness around it I see the light of the stars. The moon is still a way off, but now I can fly towards it instead of upwards to it.

The feeling of the atmosphere has also changed. It feels “flat” somehow, “fake”. I hear beautiful music in the background as I speed towards the moon. It is like angelic singing but “heavier”. A golden, warm sound.

Still, i don’t seem to be able to reach the moon. And I want my extra points so i should. I am not competitive at all :gni:

I sort of complain to my invisible helper that I should reach the moon. And something happens, since the next moment i’m standing on the moons surface. Or am I? It’s more like I’m inside. I know I’m on the moon though.

There are people around me, they are laughing. I remember a lady in a lightblue dress smiling at me. I know somehow that they have set this up for me.

So now I’m on the moon. I want to see the view then of the earth from the moon. I walk to the huge windows, which are covered with curtains and i open them. Outside I see the huge earth. It’s almost like my dream has trouble deciding how to show it, since the image is a bit moving at first, like it is forming, then I see a huge earth like sphere. And it even reminds me now of wnvoss’s post in the ‘what game?’ topic - like my mind drew on that image to show me that. [/LD]

Satisfied, I now wake up, Task completed.

It was really weird, it was like I was in a scene that had been built for me. All the time I had the feeling i was not on the real moon, but on an elaborate movieset, designed especially for me. Movieset is not the word though, i really felt the reality around me as being fake, created for me to experience what i wanted to experience.

Dreamers:

1. pasQuale 120 (30 lucid points, 20 task points and 10 bonus points)
  2. Lizzahy 0 points
  3. onorm 0 points
  4. Rodrigo 0 points
  5. umbrus 30 points (
  6. ilovelucid 0 points
  7. Siiw 105 points(30 lucid points, 5 task points and 10 bonus points)
  9. Dragon73 0 points
  10. Sandra 45 points (30 Lucid points 5 task points and 10 bonus points)

Task 3 is:
Talk to an animal
Find an animal= 5 points
Talk to the animal= 10 points
Talk to the animal and get a reply=20 points
Example:
You:How are you cute dog?
Dog: I’m fine and you?
So barking and other animal sounds doesn’t count, the animal must speak a language so you can understand exactly what it’s saying

Task 4 will be posted on Friday, Good Luck everyone with finding your animals