Final Fantasy

I love some of the ff games that came out for snes, and chronotrigger (probably my favorite rpg, along with earthbound.) I had to purchase ff chronicles and ff anthology for playstation.

On the playstation I’m fond of ffvii and ffix. The only ff game I’ve played for ps2 is ffx. I don’t think it was as good as many of the earlier games, but still memorable.

i hate it when i get dreams about the games i play… its always the same, im always doing a quest or a mission in my dreams… its just so boring and i can’t stop dreaming about it:(

my list…

Final Fantasy I completed
Final Fantasy II completed
Final Fantasy III … left it in mid game … and now I can’t remember what I was doing or where i was going! :spinning:
Final Fantasy IV completed
Final Fantasy V completed
Final Fantasy VI completed
Final Fantasy VII completed (first FF I played)
Final Fantasy VIII completed (second FF I played)
Final Fantasy IX completed
Final Fantasy X completed
Final Fantasy X-2 completed
Final Fantasy XII playing for first time atm

FF III was ridiculously difficult if I recall correctly.

That’s amazing, Moogle/Paradise. I guess I have some catching up to do. :happy:

Well, the PSX version of FFIV is bloody hard, as far as I know. I have that, and I can confirm it. Four-five battles and you’re either dead, out of MP to heal, out of healing items, or all of them.

FFIII has never been translated from Japanese, right? Or maybe it was, but for some console I don’t have.

I’ve only played Final Fanasy X-2 and XII and I can honestly say that X-2 is a game I hate. XII is good though.

I was waiting for it to may be be remade for the playstation but it never happened. So I had to resort to a nes emulator and the game … and play it on my computer. ( a friend found them online for me :happy: )

I can assure you that the rest of the Final Fantasy series is far superior to the X-2, trust me.

Is it in English?

[mod]moogle nods :yes: … so as not to spam :moogle: [/mod]

Morrowind is a cheap knockoff rpg with shitty combat and dialogue. You probably haven’t played any other rpgs.

Try Fallout 1,2, Arcanum, Vampire Bloodlines, KOTOR.

Well, Morrowind is:

• Mind-bogginly vast (Bloodlines and KOTOR, while still favorites of mine and great in their respect, especially Bloodlines, are tiny in comparison)…

• …and open-ended (again, in Bloodlines and KOTOR enemies don’t respawn and the player is forced to follow the main quest with little side-quests, while in Morrowind you have total freedom)

• Creates a wonderful atmosphere between landscapes (do you know how it feels to cross a land all day and go beyond some moonlit hills into a coastal town?)…

• …and lore (the size of it is ridiculous)

• has memorable characters

By “shitty” you mean text? Text dialogue allows for thousands and thousands of lines, a feat not achievable with voiced dialogue, as the sound files take up space. So, less dialogue.

You probably have never heard of Arena and Daggerfall and their revolutioning of RPGing, if you think Morrowind is a knockoff. It started waaay back.

Its combat system (namely melee) is nothing special though. Magic still rocks, allowing you to create any spell you may think of and enchanting yourself to godhood.

FFIII is now on the DS, if you have one. (Those emulators can be a lifesaver, by the way. Some games are just impossible to find by other means)

:eek: Nice!

Lol you should see me and moogle in chat sometimes :tongue: (btw she still hasn’t beat trema!)

Final Fantasy I completed
Final Fantasy II completed
Final Fantasy III completed
Final Fantasy IV completed
Final Fantasy V completed
Final Fantasy VI completed
Final Fantasy VII completed 100%
Final Fantasy VIII completed 100%
Final Fantasy IX completed 100%
Final Fantasy X completed 100%
Final Fantasy X-2 completed 100% (perfect ending etc…)
Final Fantasy XI (The mmorpg one got max level and quit not as fun as the others … not enough story line really)
Final Fantasy XII completed 100% (not one of my favs :confused:)

yeah… i’m addicted aswell :wink:

Final Fantasy I: unfinished
Final Fantasy II: unfinished
Final Fantasy III: unfinished (came to town with ghost people then was bored)
Final Fantasy IV: unfinished
Final Fantasy V: unfinished (almost at the end)
Final Fantasy VI: unfinished (came to where you battle the evil king)
Final Fantasy VII: unfinished
Final Fantasy IX: unfinished (at the very end)
Final Fantasy X: unfinished (at the place where you battle the dragon on the ship (I am NOTING without Yuna))
Final Fantasy XI: (PC version and it doesn’t work)

Kingdom Hearts: Complete (I had EVERYTHING in the game and then someone removed my file)
Kingdom Hearts ~Chain of Memories~: Complete
Kingdom Hearts ~Reversed Rebirth~: Unfinished (final battle with the Riku clone)
Kingdom Hearts II: Unfinished (at final boss)

FFVII-IX was the golden age of the series, since then it’s been downhill. XII just isn’t inspired like the old ones. If you ask me, it’s probably the Enix influence. But I think they could do a good job of remaking FFVII like they have older games.

Morrowind is deeply dated and World of Warcraft beats it on almost every field. Gameplay in WoW is less customizable but much more balanced and fun.

Morrowind is dated, but it doesn’t cost $180 a year through monthly fees.

More like “WoW, look how much money I’m losing!”

Well I did get down to the 100th level! but Trema was so hard! I just gave up on that optional battle in the end.
BTW you may have “completed 100%” but you didn’t have the international version with all the dark aeons … I managed to defeat all the dark aeons except for the final one … Penance :scared:

I beat Trema, but not Penance.

And all the weapons from FFVII and FFVIII, but not Ozma.

Good ol’ Final Fantasy. I haven’t played any of the games after V. Maybe someday I will.
The music in the games are what I’m interested in. Hmm… I don’t I’ve actually transcribed any Final Fantasy music before. I have played a lot of it on the piano though. The prelude (a much simpler version), FFVII main theme, something from FFX, and others… Can’t remember at the moment.
Oh, speaking of which, I believe TRJR was looking for a certain sheet. I’m going to be learning that song myself.
I believe this is it.
gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music/14/6
gh.ffshrine.org/sheet-music/14/7

(PM me for all your videogame sheet music needs. :razz:)

i found it and had stareted learning it a while ago

but :lol: i havn’t played in months anyway

and also

time to end teh debate once and for all

yes: WoW is fun for a while. Yes it costs money, and yes it gets boring after a while, unless you really like MMOs

and also, yes Morrowind is fun but dated, Oblivion is fun too

whatever floats your boat

I’d love to argue but everyone’s entitled to their own opinion. This is such a happy forum.