Reach for the Stars!

has anyone ever tried flying to the stars, to distant galaxies and strange planets?
if so, what did you find?
How did you get there (ordinary flight, teleport, spaceship…)[/b]

Well, i’ve been to other planets many times in my dreams

All by spaceship :happy:
I even got names given to me!

Diskos - Dark purple sky with transparent architecture that becomes luminous at night, as to remove the need for lighting. Good crud there.

Draconis - Icy planet with fierce blizzards. We crashed there.

Auren - Swamps, swamps, swamps. Not a fun place to be, but had some beautiful scenery. we got shot down there.

Iro - Dusty planet, red rocks, orange sky, pale ruins of destroyed cities dot the landscape, pools of Lava. We liberated the inhabitants.

Teralga Terminal - Not technically a planet, but is pretty much a city on a space station, way out in deep space. Got teleported there for multiple combat training sessions (good fun :tongue: )

In my dream as a kind of Superman I have decided to fly on Mars once. When I got there after half a minute flight I saw some kind of vehicle that was moving on the surface of the planet. I moved closer and saw ‘NASA’ logo on it and the name of the spacecraft:’ Mars Pathfinder’ :wink: I was on some of the pictures it took during the mission :tongue: and the whole humanity thought there are humanoids on Mars :razz:

Now I’m gonna get to other planetary systems because of Hemming’s post :wink: it has to be exciting.

I have been to mars once in which I teleported there.

I have also flown out into outer space and just watched the stars and planets around me.

One time I flew out into space turned around then blew up the planet that I was on. That was a sight to see. As the world blew you could only image.

i wanna fly to the heart of a dying star, and get ripped apart by its supernova. then i would be torn up, atom from atom, and scattered across the cosmos, and i would be a part of everything (and be aware of all of it) that would be awesome

I remembered to try this in a recent LD and I have to say it turned out better than expected…It started out with me just flying to the top of a parking garage and I decided to keep going until I was just outside the atmosphere. I wanted to just fly into the clusters of stars in the distance, but although I was going fast(made it to Jupiter in about ten seconds), I knew that at this speed it would take a very very long time. So I just shot ahead to an unbelievable speed(the stars did that ‘stretching’ thing like on star wars) and in about five seconds I was there.

I landed on a nearby planet(a moon of some sort) and explored it for about three or four minutes. The terrain was similar to the moon, only without the layers of lunar dust, instead it was rocky and very gray. There was almost no atmosphere, so I could easily see the stars, and more importantly, impressive rings that this planet possessed. I must have landed near the equator since the rings were at about an 83 degree angle from the horizon, they stretched across the sky, emitting a blueish glow from the light passing through them(it was really quite spectacular, so much so that I spent most of the dream watching them slowly drifting through the sky). The rings were composed mainly of large chunks of ice, most of them the size of houses I’d imagine(was hard to judge from a distance), some gray particulate was also present in the gaps between the ice crystals.

The sun had set recently, I surmised this from the available light(much being reflected), it gave the terrain a lonely, let strangely comforting soft glow. Low mountain ranges dotted the horizon, casting long shadows on the mostly rocky ground ahead of me. I picked up a rock about the size of a fist and tossed it softly, sending the projectile gently sailing through the air. Alas, my time here was up and I lost lucidity.

That was an interesting location to find, I think I might visit it again sometime, perhaps to search for some kind of life…:look:

Flying through the stars is cool. Last time I shot through the univers at such a speed that it continuously imploded and reformed around me. I’m not saying this makes sense in RL physics but it felt pretty cool.

I’ll admit I haven’t had as many space exploration dreams as I would like, particularily of the Enterprise kind (maybe it’s because I don’t watch star trek), usually they are more scenario oriented and there isn’t enough focus on the traelling. I tend to get caught up in scenarios in my LD’s a lot.