Why dont people have lucid dreams every night?

why is it that people only have a few a month or w/e, is it possible to do it at your own will every night?

I think it’s cause busy people can only like do it on the weekends and stuff like that, I’m on summer vacation so if I knew how to LD willingly, I’d do it everynight. :smile:

so you think that it is just because people have too much to worry about in their lives and cant concentrate on the dream world?? :confused:

Well no…what I mean is…lol…trying to LD everynight can sometimes mess with your normal sleep schedual, especially if you’re always doing WBTB.

I DON’T KNOW I’M JUST GIVING MY OPINION, lol :smile:

lol i see, i always use wild. so do you think it is possible to do it every night if you have the time and the skill?

Yea I do, and that is my goal right now…before school starts.

Are you successful in your WILD attempts?
A few following posts were moved to the First Steps to WILD, please keep to the original topic :ysim:

Actually it is possible to have a LD every night. It’s also possible to have several each night.

I’m not one of them (yet), but I don’t know of some poeple who can have an LD every night. It’s literally all about what you believe you can do.

It takes a lot of discipline to constantly and consistently question the waking life - a life we easily take for granted. I’m sure that’s a huge step to achieving regular lucidity. That and really good sleeping habits!

It’s possible. But consider an analogy to Steve Nash. He’s amazing at shooting free throws, and on some games he doesn’t miss. But he’s still fallible. He doesn’t make 100% of his shots. Just because he’s great doesn’t mean that he will hit the mark every time.

Similarly, being skilled at lucid dreaming doesn’t automatically imply that you will become lucid every night. It just means that you’ll become more successful than you were before. Of course it would be possible, but doing so would take both a lot of skill and a bit of luck.

Stephen LaBerge, author of MILD and WILD technics, seems to have achieved a 100% frequency for LD, and was able to cast them at will. But he developped these skills over years and years, and everyday…