Hard to move yourself in a LD

Hi, I just had my second LD, and in the dream I decided to get the dream more vivid and lucid before I try to do anything. So, when I realise I’m dreaming, i immediately start trying to make the deram more lucid. Bur the problem is, I can’t spin myself, 'cause when I try to move, I move as slow as if I was in water (or actually even slower then underwater).
So is there any backup-plan to increase lucidity, if you can’t move?
I tried screaming lucidity x 10000000000000000000 etc. But my voice was distorted and very unclear.

Just keep trying. At two lucid dreams it’s way too early to decide that you have a problem with them. But if you can, try to rub your hands and arm… touching and feeling things. adn if you spin really slowly, keep spinning and hope that you’ll pick up speed as you go along. Spinning is a good way to engage the senses.

You can’t move because that’s what you expect. Just relax and tell yourself that on the count of three you will be able to move, and really believe in yourself.

Actually, I’ve had this problem a few times in LDs as well. It usually happens to me when I’m getting up from a FA…

Anyway, what I usually do is just try doing what I was going to do in the first place. So if I were going to fly out the window, I’d just do it. Of course, it’s hard to get moving at first, but I say keep moving, and eventually you’ll break past that “barrier”.

Whenever I become lucid and scream out “INCREASE LUCIDITY” nothing happens :sad: I tried spinning around fast once before when everything was a blur and nothing happened either (unless I don’t remember what happened?).

The reason why you can’t move is that you’re thinking too much about the act of moving (ie trying to really move muscles and ligaments that are really quite stationary and paralyzed) rather than the end result of it.

You have to move yourself with your mind and imagine the act of it.

OK, thanks!
I just had 3 more LD’s and in two of them I could move normally.

I have this problem also. Just really believe that you can move faster, and I mean believe it with a passion.

I’ve had a lucid dream not long ago that when I did a nose RC I got up out of bed (dream body) and everything seemed to be in slow motion but it sped up to normal speed somehow. And I did whatever I walked to my garage and opened the garage door and started dancing to some music while people were driving by. :happy:

I sometimes have problems with movement but my biggest problem is with vision… usually my LDs or NDs are really fuzzy and Foggy. I’ve tried the spinning tech but when I try to stop spinning I can’t. The commands don’t really help much either. What has help me the most is when I rub my hands together or when I grab or touch something in my dream. Something else I have tried is Stop Drop and Roll… works really well.