the BIG LD FAQ

1: I have the same problem currently, we’re renovating my bro’s room. I’d like some help on this area as well. Try with WILD or MILD, or perhaps use an mp3 with some binaural beats.

2: Pay attention to your breathing, in, and out, in, and out. And while breathing in, tense the muscles in your face and relax as you breath out. Again, breath in and tense the muscles in your neck and relax as you breath out. Do this all the way down to your feet.

Keep an online DJ, that’s a little easier to keep private. The Dream Diary forums are for members only. Or if you can, make it private on your computer with a password protection (a little harder to do).

Also, if you can’t use an alarm, try to autosuggest when to WBTB. I do this from time to time, and it actualy does work.

Good luck. :smile:

Thanks, MovieMe. Ysim, I get the feeling that by the time I’ve woken up, turned on my laptop, waited for it to load, got onto the forums and clicked ‘create topic’, I’ll have already forgotten my dream. =/

And I’ve heard about autosuggestion, but again I don’t know what it is >_>;

Ok heres what I do, Just grab a piece of paper and pencil (set some up before you go to bed). Let’s say you had a dream with a guy sticking his head out of the window of an airplane. You would just write guy;window;airplane. Or just saying them aloud to yourself when you wake up might work too.

Autosuggestion is basicly when you try to “send a message to your subconscious” or something like that. This you can do by subliminal messages, brain wave generator, meditation or simply relax and say something like “I am going to wake up at 5 AM tonight”, “I am going to have a lucid dream tonight” or “I will remember my dreams fully when I wake up”.

Oh, have you tried my tip yet? Saying them aloud always work (Not for the whole day but atleast one or two hours).

That makes sense. THanks for the help guys, it’s 11:40 pm so I’ll have another crack at it.

I remember my dreams fairly good so I might not need to do it but I’ll try it tonight.

Would it be considered good training to attempt to induce HI at will? I just did it a few minutes ago without the intention of WILD and was seeing cloud-like waves of color. I was able to change the colors whenever I wanted to but had to be rude to myself to turn them green.

It would be good to Invoke HI at will, the U-WILD actually uses this to get your brain into the right state for lucidity. Since you mentioned this ill put this link, if your interested.
https://community.ld4all.com/t/wild-utopia/26609&&start=0

Put in a hyperlink to the U-WILD guide. That would be good.

This is probably going to sound stupid, but whats a hyperlink? The link above should take you to the guide, if not just go to the “pathways to lucidity” part of the forum, and look for “ultimate WILD guide”.

This is a Hyperlink

I read the site on the Lucid-Dreaming-Kit site and it sounds like a total scam is it really that good (Have you tried it yet) because even though I’ll never be able to convince my parents to let me buy it i still want to know because in the future if its still there ill get it :smile:

I just want to ask,
can you create a permanent DC? w/ specific appeareance.
Thanks,

Yup. Check out The BIG CALD topic, or Dreamscapes by Bendrummin58. That’s software, by the way.

I have split a post asking about milk to Warm Milk a topic in Pathways to lucidity. :dragon:

I would like to re-touch upon the “Can LDing have a negative effect on somebody?”

I am prefectly aware that LDing has many possitive things that you can get from it. However, if i decide that in my LD i will go around and punch every DC in the face… Couldn’t that possibly make somebody think that they can do that IRL?

First of all, I’m new on this forum, so I’d like to say hello to everybody there :smile:
I have just one question: generally, is it better to try as many techniques at once as possible (like in the Infinity course, or even more), or stick for some time with 1-2 techniques (for example WBTB + MILD), and then change to something else for next 1-2 weeks? The second idea would help to preform that technique propertly, but probably it would take longer to learn LD this way. Aslo, for the masters, who have LD’s at will - do you always use the same technique to be sure to induce LD?

@ Trophycase: I think, that punching everybody in their faces would be too boring to learn to do it IRL… that might be a risk, but very small one. I think that saying LD is dangerous would be like saying, that going down the stairs is dangerous - you can break your leg, can’t you :wink:

So I was having a lucid dream (I think) last knight, and I was in the army in WWII and we were fighting some Germans or something…but I could feel my real body during the dream. I could hear the fan outside of my bedroom, and I could feel my real-life eyes shut tight. :neutral: If I wanted, I could open my real-life eyes and wake up, but then I would just fall asleep and re-enter my dream, do some reality checks, and become lucid again. This happened three or four times at least. Can you normally feel your real-life body and hear real-life noises while LDing?

It is normal if you are sleeping lightly.

Oh, OK. That would also explain why I kept waking up and could hear real-life sounds, I guess. Thx