Troubles With WILD

Okay, despite the fact that I have had NO success with WILD for the past five years*, I’ve been attempting for the past few nights and I feel my practice is helping.

Last night I got into the beginnings of HI and HH. I had the sensation of an insect crawling on my cheek and right foot - ok, so it might’ve been an actual insect, but I didn’t bother to check. The sensation took me further into SP.

When I started seeing flashes of light - similar to lightning. I lost concentration and was frequently jerked awake.

I don’t know what to ask. I guess I just need some advice.

* Yeah, FIVE years. It may seem like a long time, but out of all of those nights, I’ve probably attempted WILD maybe 20-30 times…

All… right… seeing as this has been sitting around here for a few days and I’ve gotten no reply yet, I feel I have the right to say, “WHAT? NO HELP?!” without being called an impatient moron.

Anyway, I’ll just use this to continue to inform forum-goers of my WILD problems. :neutral:

last night I got pretty far as I tried falling asleep listening to quiet, familiar music - meaning power metal at a low volume*. I, once again saw lights (this time it looked like white fire) and was brought awake each time.

I eventually felt as if I had chills on my thigh that spread through my entire leg and to my torso. After that, I felt pain on my toes along with “currents” moving across my feet.

I spent two hours lying there, but nothing happened and the pain was beginning to get annoying. I gave up (once again) and fell asleep.

Any advice?

* As unlikely as it may seem to YOU, I’ve fallen asleep many times in the day listening to metal during long car-rides… sometimes I even had the beginnings of a dream where I was listening to the radio in a car hearing the music I was currently listening to… then I realize that my music is NEVER played on the radio and I wake up… I figured if I were in a more comfortable position, I’d be able to repeat this event and transform it into a method of WILD.

Well, you’re getting far into the HI and HH. Not sure if you have a dreamviews account but this could really help you:

dreamviews.com/community/sho … hp?t=24607

If you havn’t got an account, then I’ll just copy and paste it. But I havn’t made this at all, all credit goes to Sythix.

The main thing you need is to go into full sleep paralysis

Reverse Blinking

Get comfy and relaxed. Close your eyes. Now, every 5 seconds or so open them quickly, only long enough to focus on something then close them. It’s like blinking in reverse. Your mind doesn’t have time to wander but the bizarre thing is you can tumble into trance, and your body relaxes at an incredible rate. Before long, your eyes are heavy and it’s almost a struggle to open them. You are completely unaware of how deep you are going until you stop opening them (you stop opening them when you feel you could fall asleep). When you do stop, you feel you are falling into an abyss - it’s easy to hold, you are fully alert and it doesn’t take forever.

Edit: Here’s my step-by-step procedure…

1st: As you’re lying down in bed in a comfortable position - preferably the supine (on your back) position - bring awareness to your feet and feel them relaxing and letting go of any tensions. Proceed up to your calfs, knees, your thighs and feel both your legs fully relaxed - you might feel them starting to sink or become warmer. Do the same with the rest of your body bringing a relaxing awareness to your hands, your forearms, elbows, biceps and shoulders - then proceed up your neck and your face then finally your head.

2nd: This is when you do the Reverse Blinking as mentioned above.

3rd: As you get deeper and deeper with the technique vibrations will start to kick in (at least for me anyways) - when you can no longer feel your physical body you’ll feel as if you’re falling mentally into an abyss and then HI starts to form

4th: Watch the HI in a ‘zoned out’ way as if you’re not really paying attention to any of it. Just watch it as it goes by. Do this until you see it becomes more solid and 3D - this is when I focus in on something and sort of…walk into the dream. Sometimes I just jump in and that’s pretty much it…

Tip 1 for Hypnagogic Imagery: One good trick to grab a hold of HI is to cause an object you see to spin using your intention. Making it spin really fast will cause it to become brighter and more solid looking. Doing that will also tend to make you relax into the dream so you can reach out with a dream hand and connect to the imagery which will draw you completely into the dream while you stay lucid.

Tip 2 for Hypnagogic Imagery: [i]If you are experiencing HI and you want to increase it, try not to use your physical eyes to look at them directly at them, instead look ‘beyond’ it, try to see past all the HI and doing this will cause an explosion of very vivid HI in which a dream eventually forms.

Muscle Twitching to Induce Full Sleep Paralysis

When you’re trying to enter paralysis after a while of Reverse Blinking, try gently twitching your arm muscles every 5-15 seconds. Your arms shouldn’t actually move when you do this, just send a tiny bit of nerve impulse to make the muscles tense and relax.

If you watch a dog sleeping, sometimes its legs will start to twitch like it’s dreaming that it’s running but it’s in paralysis which prevents any significant movement.

The idea here is to fool the body into thinking you’re not only dreaming and asleep, but that you’re already in paralysis as well. By twitching but not moving your muscles are behaving as if you’re already deeply asleep, your body will probably go directly to paralysis faster than normal.

Note: This is done after a while of Reverse Blinking, when you’re feeling heavy and relaxed. You do NOT have to continue Reverse Blinking when you’re trying to reach full sleep paralysis and thereafter; just wait for HI and go into a dream.

How Do I Know I’m In A Trance State?

Read about brainwave states and their associated signs of being in those specific states - the ideal state we are trying to achieve in WILD is the Theta state. Here are a few links on brainwave states:
immrama.org/brainwave/brainwave1.html
web-us.com/brainwavesfunction.htm
lucidquest.com/resources/lea … nwaves.htm

You can tell if you’re in a trance by how disassociated you are from your physical body - the more, the deeper.

Google is your friend…

NLP Anchoring

I highly recommend once reaching a deep trance state with this technique to anchor it with NLP. This will make your WILD’s much faster and easier if you can instantly reach the deep trance state by tapping your fingers or reciting a word or symbol. To learn more how to do this go to this following link:

trans4mind.com/personal_deve … horing.htm

NLP Anchoring to Induce Further States of Trance

Here I will provide a technique for those of you who are having trouble reaching deeper states of Trance with Reverse Blinking - it’s a classical hypnosis technique called ‘fractionation’:

1. Get yourself into a light trance with Reverse Blinking and then apply your anchor, while applying a posthypnotic suggestion to yourself: ‘every time I touch my fingers like this (or whatever anchor you
    use) I will quickly reach this state of mind’ - Say that to yourself three times in a ‘matter of fact’ kind of way
  2. Then emerge from the trance state by opening your eyes. Then inhale deeply, and when you exhale, close your eyes and let yourself relax.
  3. Do Reverse Blinking again, and as you feel yourself going into trance, fire your anchor.
  4. Notice how you reach a deeper level of trance this second time, and when you feel you are deeper into Reverse Blinking, say your posthypnotic suggestion again, and re-anchor yourself.
  5. Open your eyes and repeat about six times.

You will find that as you practice this regularly, and let yourself drop into lower brainwave states and anchor the state, you will be forming a new set of neurological pathways, and the more you do this, the faster and more effective your anchor will be.

When you get jerked awake it’s often caused by you being too aware :wink: Try to do a visualization exercise like imagine yourself driving a car in incredible speed along the highway or swimming in the ocean.

That night I imagined myself walking through a canyon… aaaand… … …

I don’t know how I’m too alert. :eh:

Hey altheman, thats awesome. I’m gonna try that. Tonight!

have a question about ‘reverse blinking.’ You said to open our eyes only long enough to briefly focus on something, then close them again… But if our rooms are almost pitch black at night, how are we supposed to look at/ focus on an object? I can’t see anything when i open my eyes at night in my room.

You don’t focus on something. All you do is open your eyes real quick (as if your blinking) and then close them. Keep on doing that for a while and you’ll get tired.

Yeah im reporting on how it went last night. uhh, my body became really relaxed and felt warm. I didn’t really see any HI, only weird sensations. But i’ll try again tonight it was pretty awesome.

So wearing a nightmask won’t effect anything, right?

I wear a nightmask to avoid any realistic old-hags… I’m a very nervous and easily frightened individual. :bored:

altheman9993 originally said you should focus on something… But if what you’re saying is right, if it doesn’t matter that there is no difference in what you see when your eyes are open or closed, then the movement of your eyelids alone is what promotes relaxation?

I didn’t make those techniques, I’m just quoting them from dreamviews. But I don’t think it matters if you focus on sometihng.

Woohoo!

I finally got really intense SP last night and started hearing a falsetto ringing in my ear (like the noise when you run your finger across a glass goblet)…

But then I stopped focusing on… whatever and lost it after a while. The questions just started popping up in my mind “Ok. So… what am I going to see first? Will I feel anything? Helloooo? Sleep paralysis? BRING ME INTO A DREAM.”

So, yeah…

What do you see first when you finally dream?
What is the final step of WILD and how does it feel?

I’m still needing some advice. :confused:

Ok. So I’ve never truly had full-blown HI…

Does your mind wander?
Are the images IN your mind or do you actually SEE them?

:confused:

(Also, answers to my questions in my earlier post would be helpful as well…)

I apologize if my questions are dumb and annoying.

Apology accepted :tongue:

You can clearly see the difference between normal “daydreaming” images and HI. You can’t for example focus on a certain part of a daydream image without messing up the rest, like if you’d daydream about a car you can’t focus on the tire without making the rest disappear. When I see HI I can focus on whichever part of the image I want without messing anything up.

I bet you’ve had HI many times, but you just need to know what it is you’re looking for.

I know I’ve experienced it before, but it often is during times when I am not even attempting to WILD… For example, one night when I closed my eyes and started falling asleep, I felt like I was riding my bike and my friend was with me as we rode through the neighborhood (it wasn’t vivid, but a bit blurry). But, when I realised it actually was HI, I was brought back to my waking state.

I just don’t know how to allow HI when I do try to WILD.

Every person experience the SP and HI phase differently, some even skip the HI staright into LD (It happend to me several times).
As for what people see when they finaly in a LD, again, it differs from person to person, when I finish WILD I find myself sometimes in a small regular white room or wandering outside, once I found myself in a holodeck which was pretty cool.
About the other post, if your eyes are closed you will see them like something between seeing them for real like daydreaming but also like you are actualy imaginating them in your mind, it hard to explain, the best is the combination of this two.
And about the mind wandering, when I WILD it like my mind is racing in crazy speeds as I feel an extremly huge amounts of information and sounds stream in my mind, and it is some sort of wandering but I try to focus on one of those thoughts or sounds and then it works.

About allowing the HI, there is nothing actualy to allow, they may help you find something to focus on, but you should not bother about allowing them, just continue to do what you usualy do when you try to WILD and try to ignore them until you feel you actualy about to fully dream.

Can you explain what that feels like?

Hmm, the best word to describe it is taken from the site’s guide, knowingness, you have a very strange feeling that you are aware to yourself, but disconnected from yourself at the same time, you feel yourself lying in your bed yet your mind feels somewhere else, you know that you can reach out for your dream, this moment is the peak of HI, the visions seem to come from your dream rather then from reality, this is almost the exact feeling of waking up in the middle of a really intensive dream, you are awake but your mind still think for a few seconds that he is actualy in the dream and after that your awarness goes to the reality, only vice-versa in WILD, you are awake but your mind is already dreaming and after a few seconds your awareness will move to the dream.

I’ve never gotten that far then… :cry:

Haha… I haven’t been able to sleep for the past three nights. :eek: