Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

Taste in Dreams

Author  Message 
*marla*
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 20 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

i had a dream where i became lucid eating ziti with mozzarella cheese, strange, but it was really good.

i don't recall dreams where i smell potent things, only faintly smells.

Vagabondage
I like turtles
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

I recall eating flat, fried chocolate chip cookies in my dream along with white wine fermenting in red berries...

Both were absolutely delicious and I want to see if they have the same taste in real life. lach1 lach1 lach1

Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

PostPosted: Tue 21 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

MovieMe wrote:
Eonnn wrote:

apparently we eat at least 1 spider a year while we sleep, they like to crawl in our mouths for somewhere warm to sleep, as soon as we feel it in our mouth our natural tendency is to eat it. So next time your having a normal dream where your eating something crunchy, it might not be what you really think it is that your eating.

From what I've read, every person eats atleast 8-9 spiders during their entire life.

thanks i wasn't quite sure what the actual figure was supposed to be, but i knew it was quite a lot. I'm pretty sure i've done it a few times just because i'll be in a dream eating something thats supposed to be nice and tastes really uky and crunchy instead. I don't think it would be just spiders either, it could be small bugs and things too.

I don't think they'd be scared off by our breath, depends what stage of our sleep we are in because for some parts we tend to breath through our nose very lightly, and there is something else known as asphyxiation which is when you go for anywhere between 10 to 50 seconds without breathing during your sleep. It might only happen to obese people though not sure because i found this out on that biggest loser show where people go on TV to lose weight, the trainers were testing their sleep patterns or something and found that one person asphyxiated for 45 seconds during his sleep!

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
krakatoa
cookie lover
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sat 25 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

It would be quite disturbing to wake up and have a spider leg or something in your mouth.

GrosBedo

PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

Actually you can feel, taste and smell even while being fully awake, for example by meditating (it is one of the very basic training).

Kuukiir
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1.4555....

PostPosted: Sun 23 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

I once (many years ago) read from some book that eating in your dream means something bad is going to happen with you. I don't believe these things anymore, but I used to, back when I was younger. I guess that's why food is so unusual in my dreams. I can sometimes see food and other people eating, nothing else. And the few times I've eaten something, it tasted like something very general, like all the things I've ever eaten in my life had blended together to one food. I hope it won't be like this the rest of my life.

LD count: starting over

You can actually taste in your dreams? eh wow, lucid dreams are getting to be more and more like real life, which is kinda cool actually ^^ I wonder how a lucid dream, a un real world can feel so very real, like being awake, kinda, strange i guess. eek2

Rodrigo
Dream Collector
LD4all addict
Rodrigo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 91!

Well, you can taste even in NDs... Recently I've had the displeasure of tasting crap in a dream >_> It was awful...

forest_guru
Metal Maniac \m/
Novice dreamer
LD count: 35

Today my lucid pill tasted strawberry :D

Himnes
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Over 100

PostPosted: Fri 28 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

I've eaten marchmallows in a ND. It tasted good smile

Current LD goal(s): Meet my SG or my shadow self
Aeon234
Lucid Natural
Dream Deity
Aeon234 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 1000+

i've noticed that i dont smell things very often if at all in dreams. I wonder why that is if it is possible to smell things.

Current LD goal(s): Explore persistent realms
Mohegan
Mond Tanz
LD4all addict

One thing I have noticed with food/drink in my dreams, while they generally taste as they do IRL, or as I imagine they would, I don't dislike anything. Unlike real life where I don't like specific foods, that same food in dreams (although it tastes the same) I enjoy eating.

asclepius
Awakening
Dream Deity
LD count: 263

PostPosted: Sun 30 Sep, 2007  Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a dream where I am eating some barbecued chicken. I learn it is marinated in green tea and honey and spices, then barbecued with a sauce. It is delicious! It was the best tasting chicken ever! In addition to taste it had a very nice smell too grin

Current LD goal(s): ability to WILD
xgirl
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

Food does taste weird in my dreams. Couple of nights ago I was eating candies in my dream, taste was unusual, not very pleasant, but I still kept eating them.

Ell
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 04 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

It's actually quite rare I eat in my dreams, which is strange as I like my food a lot I can remember eating a chicken burger when I was about 8, and it was the best one I've ever tasted (in a dream of course).

print