Dream Bridges (Puppet Mastering?)

This has happened to me several times, and I’m not sure if it is considered to be lucidity. Maybe if I can stay more consious I can use it to become lucid, but that is slightly difficult to me.

What happens is that when I am having a dream sometimes I wake up. At this moment, everything is very vivid and fresh in my mind. If the story intrigues me enough, I begin to use the past events and details to piece together how it might have ended. After laying down for a minute or so of storyboarding it, I get through a few frames and then I fall back to sleep. The thing is, I’m so concentrated on that dream I return to it and the decisions I made in the plot line have actually ocurred when I’m dreaming again. All the characters accept these changes and even I do (I haven’t had a full lucid dream yet). It’s as if I can use a day dream to bridge two real dreams together.

The only problem is that when I wake up after part II of the dream, I can barely remember anything from part I. If I get up and write down part I I will lose my bridge and it becomes impossible to finish the dream.

Does anyone else experience this sort of phenomenon?

I’ll post the dream on my DJ if you are interested.

That is really weird/ cool. I’ve never experience this, but I could imagine you using a take recorder and maybe mumbling bits of the dream off as you’re making the bridge. Probably better than writing, but I have no idea if that’d work for you.

Yep.

I had about five dreams in a night following the same story line… going to a concert. :happy:

It was cool, but at the end I still could recall each part, but I guess that’s because my DR is naturally excellent. :eh:

Did you bridge the gaps yourself or did you let the dream fill it? Because making that many plot changes in waking form and carrying them over to a dream would be quite the feat.

Well… when I woke up, I continued thinking about the dream and then I started dreaming it.