Lunar eclipse tonight.

The eclipse was really cool! It looked like Io had come over for a visit, for a while! :happy:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I FORGOT TO WATCH IT!!! !!! I HOPE SOMEONE PUTS UP A GOOD QUALITY VID ON YOUTUBE…

Aww… i missed it too :bambi: .

Nice pictures The Mad Hatter :content:

Thanks guys, I tried my best, but I need a better camera to get anything bigger. It captures the idea though, for all those who missed it.

-Hatter

Hatter, #6 is the best :wink:

There is another soalr eclipse coming Sept 11th. So get ready.

The lunar eclipse wasn’t visible at all from here :sad:

That one is only visible from South America and Antarctica though, according to NASA’s eclipse pages. There’s a solar eclipse on
Aug 1st 2008 that should be visible from some of North America and large parts of Europe and Asia, though :content: (it’s even a total eclipse if you’re in the right place)

Nice pictures… Adds to StumbleUpon

Don’t miss the Lunar eclipse tonight nasa.gov/topics/moonmars/fea … 80219.html
between
1:43-5:09(GMT)
And total eclipse between 3:01-3:51(GMT)
Don’t miss the red moon, next chance will be at december 2010

And take pictures :tongue:

BRILLIANT

Thankyou SO much Magnus. I’m gonna go find out what times is visable from East coast UK. :hugs: YAY!

:moon: Yes yes! I am quite stupid. :yes:
:gni: :universe:

I think that it’s at 7:00 PM EST. I could be wrong. It might be 40 minutes later though.

I’m gonna be sat in my back garden to see this… Hopefully the clouds will clear up.

I’m a little puzzled by the times on the above posts – I just saw the eclipse here in New England, totality was at 10:26 PM (Wednesday night, it’s now Thursday morning, 12:30 AM). Here are the times around the world that would have corresponded to (from timeanddate.com) –

Boston Wed 10:26 PM
Los Angeles Wed 7:26 PM
Sydney Thu 2:26 PM *
London Thu 3:26 AM

• means the place/city is observing daylight saving time (DST) at time shown

ARG! I missed it! I got up to see it, but there was too much cloud cover to see anything! DAM N THIS BRITISH WEATHER!

Haha, I saw that lunar eclipse. The sky was perfectly and it really was a beautiful sight :smile: . I had never actually seen one before, and to see the moon all red-ish like that was pretty neat :content: .

*300th post! :hurray: :partying_face: *

Are you trying to make me jealous? :tongue:

I was still up … but everytime I checked outside, nothing was visible due to the clouds :sad:

Since I also live in Quebec, I saw it too. :happy:
The sky was perfectly clear. I just couldn’t find my camera so sorry, no pics, guys.

Hey. :woo:

I stayed up all night and watched it. :moon:

Sorry Kt4all and al. I was being a numpty. I’m on the east coast of England and Magnus had already posted GMT. :ack:

I had a great view out of my living room window. Didn’t get a Blood Moon here and I’m not sure if I couldn’t see it properly because of the clouds. I did get to see the initial cover and the exit though.

It was brilliant.
Thanks for the heads up Magnus. :good: