The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VI

Hey!

Just thought i would ask if this was an LD, it was sort of confusing and it feels like it didn’t really happen but its in my head that it did.

I was in bed with my eyes closed just thinking about stuff that had happened during the day, eventually i was aware of my heart pounding and my head almost spinning and i got worried and tried to move and quickly realised what was happening so laid there for a moment trying to calm down. I could hear a sort of buzzing noise and i could see these ghostly faces appearing in different colours and eventually a clear image formed, i was in a garden behind my house but the garden was different and i could see the big brother house (after watching big brother earlier that day). I thought about walking towards it and tried to move and i took a step towards the house, then i did the spinning technique to make sure i didn’t loose Lucidity but found it really difficult and it felt like i moved my actual body, i tried again and took a step in a circle but then i woke up.

The signs seem to say it was an LD but it was all confusing and now i think about it, it is like it never happened, just me imagining it happening or it was all a dream, but i know it must have happened because i woke up and checked the time on my phone.

Would appreciate any opinions

Regards,
Fleep :content:

merged in BIG topic ~ Q ~

6 Months ago, before I even heard of LD’s I had a fantastic dream. I am an astronemer, so I love the night sky. This dream was I was in my backyard and saw a shooting star, after I stared at the spot in the sky for a while hundreds of thousands of shooting stars shot across the sky. For some reason I started trying to make other things appear. I made the northern lights appear, than galaxies, than I made all of the stars in the sky make lines to each other with the name of the constellation they made below the lines. When I woke up in the morning I went online and looked at the names of the constellations that I saw and they were correct! My subconscious new the names of the constellations and what they looked like when I didn’t! Was this a LD? I didn’t know I was dreaming, but I still controlled everything that happened. :dingding:

A lucid dream is a dream in which you know for sure that you are dreaming, now, wheater or not you can controll stuff is another thing.

Yep, that’s a LD. You were concious that you were dreaming, so it’s considered a LD. Congratulations! :clap:

Oh, by the way, I’ve got a very random question: where did you get the idea for your name from? Not trying to pry or anything, I’m just curious.

I’m really not sure if this small fragment of a dream I had a few nights ago had me lucid for a moment.

I remember it being all dark and black. I was lying down (my head was at least horizontal, I think) and I said “I’m dreaming”. I start feeling this kind of funny feeling inside of me (like when you finally realize your next for a big event) and it gets stronger, but then I think my dream switched over to something else right after.

WOO!! :woo:
Im actually so happy! I have been at it for 3 months and it is tyical i have an LD on the night i don’t intend on having one! Crazy world eh?

Its fine, well it was origionally a nick name i got at school about 4 years ago because my name is Phillip and it sorta came from flip flop. Its wierd i know but i use it for everything now.
I was also recently told about a comic about ‘Fleep’, if your interested in it then this is the link.

@ Karuni: Sorry, i’m not sure if that was Lucid or not (I only had one and it lasted for about 15 seconds), it sounds like it could be because you said you were dreaming therefore possibly realising it? Did your heart beat fast or anything because mine did.

Regards,
Fleep

Hee hee yeah…I was really excited the first time I got a LD too… All day I was constantly blurting out to my little brother “I had a lucid dream! Isn’t that awesome!!!” I think he was ready to hit me by the end of the day. :tongue:

Oh, a nickname from Philip? Cool. I actually asked because Fleep is the name of a character in Super Paper Mario (coughthebestgameevercreatedcough). But yeah… :aww:

Lol i was so happy! Now i won’t be able to get one for like a year now, its jsut my luck!

I take it you like that game then!! Lol well i have never heard of it so i might have to look into it :razz:
I am obviously more popular than i realised :tongue: :bow: I shall have to practice my autograph and red carpet walk :cool: haha

I’v had a few lucid dreams so far and I’m not sure if I was realy lucid.

When I realized I was in a dream I was still unable to think and act on my own. I still felt like the dream still dictated what I do. Like, instead of become lucid in my dream, I felt like it was a dream of me become lucid. I aso felt like, instead of reaching a goal, it wasn’t realy lucid dream.Was I realy lucid?

I have heard some people say yes, but more say no.
You are extremely close.
I would consider that a huge step towards lucidity, but not quite at the full level.

really in the end only you can answer this…
remember how you were thinking during the dream … were you [color=red]really aware[/color] that you were actually in a dream while dreaming?
if you were aware then they would be low level LDs
the fact that you were unable to think and act on your own seems to imply it was a FLD

I had one of these the other night! I know exactly how you feel, its frustrating isn’t it? :angry:

I was dreaming that i was asleep in bed but in a different room and then it was as if i felt what i feel when i WILD and then had an LD but it didn’t feel like an LD, it was as if my dream body was having an LD and i was just along for the ride, it was like yours, the dream dictated what happens.
I don’t know if this helps you but i decided to dismiss this as an LD, i would rather be sure it was than unsure and claim to have had one.

Its like your subconscious is playing a trick on you, because i had my first LD about a week ago, my subconscious now knows what an LD is. :confused:
What annoys me is that i didn’t spot this as a huge Dreamsign! :grrr:

Hope that helps,
Fleep

P.s. Sorry if i waffled! :content:

Been there, done that :wink: As pretty much all other lucid dreamers here I have had my share of FLD s as well :razz:

i am very new to lucid dreaming. last night i couldn’t go to sleep, so i stayed up late on the LD4all chat room talking about lucid dreams, and when i wen’t to bed, i had a dream where i was walking by my school and i saw a small R/C moter on the ground, it was pretty damaged and would be considered trash in real life. i picked this moter up and then as i got up a flight of stairs, in my dream, i realized “why am i holding this piece of trash?” and i drop the moter on the ground.

i guess what im asking is, did i actually “think” that the moter was a piece of trash? or was it just part of the dream?

I would say it is part of the dream, but you could be questioning things in the dream, which means that you are on your way to lucidity (in one method at least).

you can think in dreams … I often do so. Dreams can be just action with no thinking … or have varying amount of thought/reasoning upto lucidity.

i think it was part of the dream becouse it seemed like the only part when i was thinking. in most of my dreams, it seems like i am wacthing from my body, like a movie. i wonder how i can trigger thought inside the dream. any ideas?

I’m not sure if this was a LD or a FLD, because I’m not sure if I was fully concious of the dream.

Okay…I was in a dream in which I was basically going back and forth into different dreams from the past. I knew I was dreaming in all of these sub-dreams, and I found it quite interesting. I remember that I was amused by them because, since I’d had them before, I would mentally predict what was going to happen next in the dream and then see if I was right, just from my memory of the dream from the first time I had it. It was cool! The thing was, though, that even though I knew I was dreaming, it still seemed like (in lack of better words) artificial dream thought. Because the second I got up and remembered one of these supposedly “past” MDs, I realized that it actually WASN’T a dream I’d had before. Basically I’d dreamed that I’d had that dream before. So does the fact that my subconcious was fooled by this dream logic mean that I wasn’t really aware enough to consider it a LD? It’s confusing, I know, but can someone please help explain it to me? I honestly don’t know…

you just have to fully focus on what you were thinking at the time. from what you wrote there I would tend to think it was a dream about lucid dreaming.

Whoa… :wam:

After looking through my old DJ (I ran out of room in it some time ago and am writing in a new one now) I realized that one of my past dreams actually DID take place in the exact same scenario as that little MD! :sleep: Now I’m starting to think it really was a LD, just a low-level one. :fly:

I can’t believe I didn’t remember having that dream before, even after experiencing it again! :ack: Maybe my completely awake brain is even more stupid than my subconcious… :uh: