Lucidity Challenge IV - Winner: Writerscube

But you aren’t signed up or?

Last night’s LD was a visit to the First DreamWorld to complete the first task of the Lucid Challenge!!

The Results:

Went to the First DreamWorld to taste test a brick which tasted like smoked cheddar, a rubber cup coaster that tasted like a really really chewy chocolate chip cookie, I had a taste of my own energy sword… my lower jaw was burned straight through and fell to the ground (But don’t worry ^^ I simply regenerated and grew a NEW lower jaw!! :happy:… of course, more dream characters were freaked out from that). The taste? Well my tongue was burned away so no results came from the energy sword. I ate my armored boot and it tasted like a grape flavored fruit roll up.

Addition: This could very well be the most odd list of things I’ve ever done in a lucid dream :rofl: eating random stuff that I wouldn’t eat or shouldn’t eat :tongue:

Addition-Addition: The brick was my favorite :lol: since it tasted like smoked cheddar, I even ate it with a fork and a knife on a dinner plate in a restaurant in the First Capital–in fact, I did all of my eating-of-random-stuff in the restaurant. Thanks to a story I was once told about a friend accidentally eating a cup coaster, I already figured the cup coaster would taste like a cookie :razz:

I’m so glad I signed up! :happy: It must have helped me get lucid last night.
EDIT: Alright, fine :razz: :tongue: :tongue: I guess I’ll post the dream right here.

[ND]The water was very deep and dark. I was a bit scared, and frantically made my way to the surface. Then I took a breath in underwater. [LD]Bingo - it was a dream! I climbed out of the water back into the hangar. I remembered the Challenge, and thought about something to eat.

There was a door near the back of the hangar. I could see a toilet inside, and something sitting on the counter. I ran inside, and picked up a hair dryer. It looked like it was on (the coils were orange) but I couldn’t hear any whoosh-ing. I took a bite out of the part where the air should come out. It tasted quite warm, a lot like warm bread. I could feel a few spots where something was poking my tongue. :eh:

I wanted to find something else to taste. I ran back into the hangar. At that point, I became a little unsure if it was still a dream. I pinched the bridge of my nose with my fingernails but only felt a dull pressure. Back in the hangar, I saw a little desk against the left wall. On the desk was a glass vial. I ate it whole. It tasted like glass - just like a was sucking on a marble. The shards felt like strands of peach gunk (I’ve been eating quite a lot of peaches in RL).

The blond-haired girl was standing next to me, talking to who looked like her mother. She was complaining about the rules of the Lucidity Challenge. Her babbling made me forget that it was a dream… and I immediately[/LD][/ND] woke up.

Here is the whole dream.

(Hm, I couldn’t seem to remember to make something taste like I wanted it to…)

Please note:
As you only get points for dreams posted here, I won’t look for possible bonus points other/more detailed versions of dreams.
This is nothing against “posting-links-to-more-detailed-version” (;p) , I just mentioned it to be safe. :smile:

Yeah I was lucid.

I have to sign up? I must have skimmed over that part.
Can I still sign up or is it too late, cause I would like to.

Sorry but every LC has a maximum of 10 players, so we are full now and after the signup time (this time it were 2 weeks or so), you also can’t join anymore.

But there certainly will be a next LC that you can join then when you want :smile:

always next time mate :wink: ill even join in too, see what we can create together huh :razz:

Sounds good.

That will give me some time to practice then. :wink:

you and me both mate

ok I had 2 LD’s last night :razz:

Expecto Petronum! (Oh Don’t You Look Tastey)
This was a rather long dream, so for now I’m going to speed through the ND part and get to the LD part.
In the begining I was Harry Potter and had to save Hogwarts from a Head Mistress worse than Snape. I eventually did and Dumbledor came back. we cleamed up the castle and ect…Finally I went to the bathroom. It was the men’s room, but it was a 1 person room. In there there was a women and an EXTREMELY flamboyent guy who was her husband. I did a number 1 then was suprised at my inaccuracy.
Wait a minute… I did a nose RC
Ha! stupid brain, I am smarter than you! You cxan’t trick me like that!
I left with a wide smile and walked outside to an old town with cobblestone roads.
Hmm…what to do first. Ah right the Challenge!
I walked up and broke off a part of a white, wood fence, and took a nice huge CHOMP out of it.
It was very dry, with a dull taste.
I then saw a brick building and pulled out a single brick. I sturggled a little bcuase it wouldn’t move, but I got it out eventually. I took a nice chomp out of the that also.
It was also very dry. Once it entered my mouth it had the consistency of dust. I also tasted a slight hint of red. (yes I tasted red)
I walked through the gate in the fence, and picked up a large handfull of grass. I threw it all in my mouth. It had the same consitency as i’d expect from grass. It also was nice and wet, and tasted like I’d kind of expect grass to taste like.
I walked down the walkway a bit then releazied, Hmm…this is a dream…I am a guy…I could have some fun!
I was about to summon Saskone, a good looking red head from another dream, when I remembered Astraea, from the Croniclers. I used the Patronus Charm to send a message to Astraea. I didn’t have my wand anymore, so I just used my palm. It produce a large silver blob. I thought about taking a bite, but I wanted the message to get to her unharmed. I told the blob my message, and it turned into a small dragon and sped away. I saw a black metal light post and took a chomp out of it. The metal turned to a pudding-like substance, yet tasted like metal. It had a very “shiny” taste, but it was very very smooth, more so than real pudding. I tasted like Silver, not Black suprisingly.
After that my vision went blurry and I became dizzy, so I did another RC, I looked at my hand; It was very distorted.

I then woke up.

The second LD I didn’t eat anything, but it was still fun :tongue:

I’ll post both in full in my DJ. :colgate:

Congratulations to everybody who had a LD! :content:

Scores after task 1

1. 80 - wnvoss ( + 30 lucid points + 10 bonus points + 40 task points )
  2. 80 - Writerscube ( + 30 lucid points + 10 bonus points + 40 task points )
  3. 80 - Ysim ( + 30 lucid points + 10 bonus points + 40 task points )
  4. 30 - NeoMarine ( + 30 lucid points )
  5. 0 - ThePromethean
  6. 0 - hunaynay
  7. 0 - Wissam
  8. 0 - Ansie
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

Task 2 of 7

Go onto a PC and surf in the internet

o Find a PC: 5 points
o Turn the PC on successfully: 10 points
o Open a Browser: 15 points
o Go on at least one website and remember it’s content: 20 points

o Go on more than 3 different websites: 15 bonus points
o Visit the website of your subconcious and look into your dream-archive: 25 bonus points

You have until Thursday, 6th September, 17:30 to complete this task and post your dreams in this thread.

With this task you can earn maximal 50 points, 130 points with lucid and bonus points added.

If you have any questions to this task, please post here.

Good luck with getting lucid and surfing around! :wink:

no luck last night, but at least im top of the zero pile!

No Luck so far. =/

Guess witch site I’m going to search :razz:

No luck either, although my last dream consisted of eating edible things, so :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: doesn’t count…

Last night’s LD was a visit to my First DreamWorld

The objective: To complete the second Task of the Lucid Challenge!!!

So what sites did I visit?

1. A Search Engine site called B.L.A.R.G.
  2. Visited an online encyclopedia like Wikipedia except it was all in WingDings font and the background was a mess of colors continually cycling and flashing and strobing as if in a rave disco. Anyways, on the site I decided to look up Italian and Japanese cooking recipes and found this: “??? Unable to Find Subject ???” but it was a link, so I accessed it and found myself on another online encyclopedia that, like the one before it, couldn’t find a single thing about Italian and Japanese cooking.
  3. Last but certainly not least, I found LD4All!!! :happy: Except the layout had cobalt blue, dark green, red, and yellow in the coloring scheme. Really weird, but anywhos–I managed to find my dream diary on the site, and again the layout was different for every section. There were also different backgrounds for each section–for example, the Dream Diary section had open books in the background, the Playground section had a playhouse in the background, the Garden of Creation had a Zen Garden in the background, etc.

Alright! Task 2! :happy:

So I was going into a McDonald’s type place, where the cashier told me to sit in a back room. The back room reminded me of a Chuck-E-Cheese’s if it were disco/rave themed. :tongue: There were a row of computers in the middle of the room, so I sat down at one and logged onto the internet. I visited the website I was on before I went to bed, an IB forum called ibscrewed.com. It looked strangely life-like, but I don’t remember what I was reading.

(EDIT: In retrospect, I guess reading Writerscube’s post introduced the disco/rave thing. :grin: )

ysim, very cool chomping dream enjoied reading that :smile:

cool dreams guys keep it up

I did Quest 1 and 2 in one night. I’m not sure about the points I should receive :confused: Do I get twice the lucidity points?

Well here is the dream:

I can’t remember the first part of my dream… I was too focused on remembering the lucid part.

I’m at the end of some sort of journey and I’m with strange friends. I remember that I had to something three times. I use the friends for that. The I realise that I might be dreaming and that I had to eat something. I decided to eat the head of a friend who looked like a walking fish. It tasted like fish but it was very hard to chew on and I couldn’t swallow it or bite it of. I tried my hand. It tasted like gherkin (I hope that that is the right word for augurk?). I remember that this is the wrong task! I should have visit a site first. So I want to be with a pc and suddenly I’m in my room. I realise that I am still asleep. (I get more lucid then before)I see my pc but it is already on. I’m worried. In the task I can get points by just turnning the pc on. But I have to push the screen button and I hope that that is enough. I see a weird program. A combination of Habbo hotel and Sims 2. I want to click the start button (It is quick start in my dream… comes from quick reply from this site.) It doesn’t work. I just start typing the adres: www.ld4all.com; I typed it wrong, but I convince myself that that doesn’t matter. The site is loading but I see another screen of Habbo Sims. I remember that I can get a bonus for making something taste like I want. I try my finger but I don’t succeed. I feel myself waking up.

Scores after task 2

1. 155 - Writerscube +75 ( + 30 lucid points + 25 bonus points + 20 task points )
  2. 90 - Ansie +90 ( + 30 lucid points, + 55 task points, 5 bonus points )
  3. 80 - wnvoss
  4. 80 - Ysim
  5. 30 - NeoMarine
  6. 10 - hunaynay +10 ( + 10 task points )
  7. 0 - ThePromethean
  8. 0 - Wissam
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

Hunaynay: As you didn’t really remember the content of the website, you only got 10 of 20 points.
Ansie: As it only was one LD, you also only get points for one LD. As you didn’t really turn the PC on,
you get 5 of 15 possible points.
The site was loading, but at all you didn’t visit it so I give you 10 points. And because you nearly managed to
do this days task, you get 5 of the ten bonus points.

Task 3 of 7

Ask a DC to tell you a joke

o Find a DC: 5 points
o Have a conversation but don’t remember it: 10 points
o Have a conversation and remember it: 15 points
o Ask the DC to tell you a joke: 10 points
o Get a joke, but it’s not funny/doesn’t make sense: 20 points
o Get a funny joke: 25 points

o Ask again and get another joke (once): 15 bonus points

You have until Saturday, 8th September, 17:30 to complete this task and post your dreams in this thread.

With this task you can earn maximal 60 points, 115 points with lucid and bonus points added.

If you have any questions to this task, please post here.

Good luck with this one! :wink: