Lucidity Challenge IV - Winner: Writerscube

I turned myself into a bird ^^

I’m in a submarine. Others are there too but they are in a different part. I can find out where they are when I follow the sound. I try not to make a sound myself. I think that I might be dreaming. I check it by looking at my hand. The number of fingers is rifht but my hand still looks weird. I go through the wall of the submarine. I’m above the sea. I thinking of myself as a bird. I turn into a brown bird with the size of a crow. I fly like a seagull. I glide on the wind.

Last night’s LD was a visit to a really plain dreamscape that I made from scratch.

The Objective: To complete the fifth task of the Lucid Challenge!

The dreamscape was a swooping valley with forests encircling the main area. The purpose of the trees though wasn’t for decoration or for pretty looks. They were standing targets!
Since the task was to transform into something and do stuff, I decided to change into a Blue Storm Dragon.
The feeling? Dizzying, warped, and downright itchy.
But what was fun about it was :happy: Lightning Breath!! :ebil:
So I blew up a good number of trees with my lightning breath. And then I decided to try eating a tree. When you’re a towering dragon–these trees look like broccoli!! And they tasted like broccoli too.
Then I decided to try transforming again!
With some thought and some focus, my form began to change again. The same feeling came about. I had become a bipedal Mech from Armored Core 2!! :razz:
Oh was that fun
I tested out plasma rifles, rocket launchers, overdrive boosters :happy:, flying, running, tripping and falling, and soon I was out of stationary targets. :neutral: Bugger.
:happy: So I grew more–not trees, but Unmanned Mechs to blow up!
:ebil: Forty mechs fell to my Armored Core Awesomeness! :ebil:
And then I was out of ammo, missing a right arm, and my left leg had just about fallen off too. :razz:
So after having my fun, I transformed back into my human form.
I then summoned a chair, a table, a cup, and a pot of Earl Grey tea :happy: :happy: :happy:

After that I woke myself up.

Scores after task 5

1. 415 - Ansie +150 ( + 30 lucid points + 85 task points + 35 bonus points )
  2. 385 - Writerscube +130 ( + 30 lucid points + 65 task points + 35 bonus points)
  3. 170 - wnvoss
  4. 80 - Ysim
  5. 60 - NeoMarine
  6. 30 - Wissam +30 ( + 30 lucid points)
  7. 10 - hunaynay
  8. 0 - ThePromethean
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

Wooh - it looks like this LC will end in a neck-and-neck race! :content:

Task 6 of 7

Jump into a book and be part of it’s story

o Find a book: 5 points
o Read the book: 15 points
o Try to jump into the book: 10 points
o Successfully jump into the book: 30 points
o End up in it’s story and become part of it: 40 points

You have until Friday, 14th September, 17:30 to complete this task and post your dreams in this thread.

With this task you can earn maximal 100 points, 140 points with lucid and bonus points added.

If you have any questions to this task, please post here.

Have fun! :content:

I can read in dreams ^^ So I should be able to do this…

No, only one day left :eek:. Must have lucid dream tonight, maybe I should try WILD again :hmmm:

I dreamed a lot about books last night, but here’s the main bit:

It starts off in a very clear, logical dream. I was in my mom’s closet, looking for shoes so I could go outside, when I stumbled upon a lot of my “old” books. I picked one up and as best as I could tell, it was sort of like The Subtle Knife. I started reading it, and I was reading in the same place I’m in the book IRL. (when Will and Lyra first meet, if you know the story)

Now, my NDs never “jump” anywhere, they just morph into whatever I’m thinking about in the dream. If it’s not the same, whatever, I’m putting it up anyway.

Just by thinking about the series, the scenery melts away and suddenly my DC is Lyra. I was running from “the Church” and there were giant black bears everywhere. (more like the 1st book, but w/e) I knew I was in vaguely similar scenery as the book (Oxford, most likely) but things eventually degraded into an extremely fuzzy, illogical dream.

Last night’s LD was a visit to the First DreamWorld.

The objective: To complete the Sixth Task of the Lucid Challenge.

Quite fun, I thought

Because I knew just the book to jump into :happy:

Upon landing on the Northern Walls of the First Capital, I summoned a favorite…

Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber!

I went to my favorite chapter with the great battle scene between two ship fleets and was about to use the Grey to port me into the story but then I noticed that there was another person around, just a DreamWorld Army trooper sitting down next to his pulse turret in a rather laid-back position… he was asleep… slacking off on Wall Duty.
Well… since he was asleep… I decided to go ahead and port myself into the book.

With a thought and some focus, the Grey swept over the world and suddenly… the book literally grew and ate me head first… :eek:

Well–I guess that was ONE way of jumping into a story.

First there was the natural darkness of being inside the gullet of a giant creature–the creature being the book–and then… ocean waves, wooden decks, people shouting, and cannon fire!! :happy:

Being in my casual wear at this moment was rather not-so-wise because I didn’t fit in at all. Everyone else was wearing these raggedy clothes which basically made up the standard sailor outfit. Some people had better clothing to go about in. And then I saw JUST who I was looking for!
The two characters Prince Caleb and the enigmatic Merlin.

Then I heard a scream from somewhere across the ship deck. Something like… “cannon ball”.
I soon found that the man wasn’t lying when suddenly my vision went out.
For a moment, I felt lighter.
For a moment… I had no HEAD. All I could find there with my hands was what was left of my neck.
It’s probably the weirdest feeling I’ve ever had in a lucid dream.
Thankfully it only took a few seconds before my head grew back!! :happy: And I was a very very very happy dreamer :content:

I’ve lost my head before… twice when fighting Fraction, once when a monster managed to take a bite out of me, and once when a tank rolled over my head.
But–I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the feeling of not having a head in my dreams.

Anyways–once my head grew back :content: I proceeded up the stairs to the upper deck where Caleb and Merlin were to have a chat!!
Well they were too busy commanding the sailors and stuff so I ended up sitting around dodging cannon balls and getting really wet from the waves.
The place was tilting from side to side way too much… couldn’t have tea.
Once the battle was over, and the ship had about six gaping holes in its hull, I STILL couldn’t get a chance to talk to Caleb or Merlin–they were rushing about trying to get repairs done.

After a while, I just got tired of waiting and I woke myself up.

The FINAL task is here!

Scores after task 6

1. 525 - Writerscube +140 ( + 30 lucid points + 100 task points + 10 bonus points)
  2. 515 - Ansie +100 ( + 30 lucid points + 60 task points + 10 bonus points)
  3. 170 - wnvoss
  4. 80 - Ysim
  5. 60 - NeoMarine
  6. 40 - hunaynay +30 ( + 20 task points + 10 bonus points)
  7. 30 - Wissam
  8. 0 - ThePromethean
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

Writerscube is now leading! I wonder if he will be able to keep his advance?

Task 7 of 7

Write, read and calculate!

o Write something onto paper/onto a PC: 30 points
o Successfully read something in a book/on a PC/paper…: 30 points
o Be able to do calculate with two different numbers bigger than 100: 30 points
(Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division are allowed)

o Try out all 4 allowed calculations: 30 bonus points
o Write, read and calculate!: 45 bonus points

You have until Sunday, 15th September, 17:30 to complete the final task and post your dreams in this thread.

With this task you can earn maximal 90 points, 205 points with lucid and bonus points added.

If you have any questions to this task, please post here.

I think it’s time to present the price the winner of this and every other LC will get!
To see the price, open the spoiler below:

[spoiler]
And the price is: The unique LC Winner Medal!
[/spoiler]

Good luck with the final task and have fun! :content: :thumbs:

I dit the task for a part…

I know that I’m dreaming and that I should do the task. I have a book. I can reaad the title. I want to go through the book. I start with my hand but it doesn’t work. I believe harder and it works. It feels just like the wall. But there is no other side. I’m in the book till me feet.

I have a bad reacall of this dream and I wasn’t as lucid as normal.

A hard one! But I will try it :smile:

I’m not entirely sure how this one will get scored, but I partially completed the task.

I had a successful WILD (finally)
I was in my house, and I realized it was a dream, and no longer HH. I knew I had to read and write and…uhh…Great, I forgot the last one! Ah well, I’ll do the first 2 first.
I went to my computer and decided to read something online, since there was a previous challenge about websites.
I logged onto my browser, and it started playing really cool music from my homepage, which was protopage.com The background was one of those cool, trippy, colorful animated things that some music programs have. (Can’t think of what it’s called right now.)
I then typed in www.google.com in the address bar, to find something to read. Google looked exactly like normal, but i didn’t really think about reading the little links and such.
My sister then called me and distracted me, so I lost lucidity. I went downstairs and there was a brief mountain dew fight :tongue:
A little later I was told to check my Fantasy football team. I went back to my computer, opened the browser again, and Protopage came up, now with different, but awesome music. I remembered I had to read something, so I went to LD4all. In the address bar i wrote/typed “https://www.psrometheaganian.com/form” It took me to the LD4all homepage (the old one) and i read it quickly.
“Welcome to the LD4all. We have a great forum about Lucid Dreaming, or click here for the guide.” Then at the bottom I saw Q’s name, and the copyright dates. Then I heard a buzzing noise, and I woke up cause my cell phone was vibrating.

I just wish I had stayed lucid for the whole thing. :tongue:

Last night’s LD was a visit to the Second DreamWorld.

The Objective: To Complete the Final Task of the Lucid Challenge!

After landing on top of a mountain (there’s just too many of them!!! They’re everywhere!! lach1) I began by summoning myself a wooden desk, a foldable chair, a stack of papers, and a pen.

Then the weather proved to be a little too much for the table. The desk split in two.

So I summoned a metal table, a new stack of papers, and two new pens.

It was just for a split-second, or maybe a bit longer–but I heard something from above me, somewhere higher up on the mountain top. I wasn’t exactly at the top–I was situated more on the gradually declining side of the mountain top. The other side was a sheer cliff! Not a good place for desk work.

So I began by writing simply: “Hello, whoever wants to read this.”

I pondered for a bit about what to do for the reading part of the Lucid Task because… well, I had silently read over what I wrote about three times (each time because I wasn’t sure as to what ELSE I was supposed to do for the reading part of the Lucid Challenge’s Final Task).
So I read it out loud.
“Hello, whoever wants to read this.”
I shrugged to myself.

I began writing an equation: 102 * 200 and came up with 20400. I then added 20400 with 12900 and came up with 33300. I then subtracted 300 from that and came up with 33000. Divided that by 330 and came with 100.

Eh… now I was thinking about having finished the Lucid Challenge’s Final Task. I didn’t realise how loose the snow was.
I tripped.
I fell.
And down I went :eek:
Down, down, down the mountain.

But then I started falling straight down. Still looking up, I saw that I had fallen down into a large mountain crevice.
As suddenly as I had fallen in, I landed on something.
The bottom of this hole was solid ice.
The two halves of the wooden desk from earlier were down here too.
Ah! And there was a tunnel that went deeper into the mountain. But I didn’t feel like going in there… it was considerably dark…
I shrugged to myself and summoned a flashlight. I walked on and into the tunnel.
It was very colorful inside :eh: think looking inside of a conch shell with those prismatic colors lining the inner shell.

Eventually I woke myself up because I had to wake up early.

It’s not that I am not trying but… well actually I haven’t been trying much lately lol - stress has taken over my dreams.

No Succes for me. So I think that Writerscube will win :smile:
Congrats. :wiske:

This challenge was a very good help for my LD’s. Normally I have 4-5 LD’s a month. Now I had more in two weeks. This shows that motivation is very important.

I was scared that I would end up with 0 points :tongue: I just hoped that I would get some points…

I got nothing :sad:

I feel the exact same way. I couldn’t believe it when I had an LD on the night of the first challenge. And I had another one tonight, as well! :smile:

[ND]I was walking down a wide gravel road in a forest, when I decided to do a reality check. I looked around and quickly[/ND][LD] knew that I was dreaming, but I did the plug-your-nose RC to be safe.

The first part of the challenge that I remembered was Calculate. To my right, I saw a picnic bench sitting off to the side of the path. I ran over to it, looking for a pen. Drake, from Drake and Josh, was standing on the table, jumping up and down and shouting gibberish. :eh:

I grabbed the pen, which was yellow and black, and wrote on the table: 100 + 155 =", thought for a second, and added, “255”. Underneath 255 I wrote “- 50”, but 255 was changing into other numbers. I wrote 255 somewhere else, but it began to rapidly transform into random numbers. I started laughing, and woke up.[/LD]

Final Scores!

1. 730 - Writerscube +205 ( + 30 lucid points + 90 task points + 85 bonus points)
  2. 515 - Ansie
  3. 235 - Ysim +155 ( + 30 lucid points + 25 bonus points + 100 task points )
  4. 170 - wnvoss
  5. 60 - NeoMarine
  6. 40 - hunaynay
  7. 30 - Wissam
  8. 0 - ThePromethean
  9. 0 - Sevenfold
  10. 0 - antec-rex

And our winner is… Writerscube with an awesome score of 730 points! yay
Congratulations to your LC Winner Medal! :content:

I also want to congratulate Ansie, Ysim, wnvoss, NeoMarine, hunaynay and Wissam to their respectable achievements! thumbs

That were two very nice weeks for me - pity that it’s overy now.

I hope this helped you to get motivated having LDs and I’m looking forward to be with you in the next LCs! :content:

:yay: Congrats Writerscube! :yay:
And Ansie! :colgate:

3rd place isn’t too bad. :tongue:

Third place isn’t bad at all! :thumbs:
Congrats!

And Congrats Wnvoss for having better LD’s because of the Challenge :smile:
And congrats everybody who increased his lucidity skills ^^

/me is in a good mood :wiske:

Edit:

I lost 100 points??

Ooops :tongue: