dc with powers?

i was wondering if anyone here has ever actually convinced a dc that it was all a dream therefore giving it ld powers too. I just thought that would be pretty cool to see someone besides yourself do cool things in a ld.

i have had DC’s who know its a dream and one even taugh me to paint the sky in an LD but most of the time they dont beleive me

My dream characters seem to be resistant to any kind of direction whatsoever from me. I’ve been considering just asking them what’s on their mind, what they want to say to me (I haven’t quite achieved the level of lucidity to remember doing that lately, though). But you just gave me an idea how I could modify my dream task … say to my dream characters, “What would you like to talk about? Since this is just a dream, you can say anything you want.”

yeah that would be pretty cool to see what they would say. I really just wanna see a dc just start like flying and stuff.

Yeah I have had DCs watch mew then mimic what I did well tried to.
Some I taught stuff.
Some taught me a couple of tricks.

Yes, I do this on a regular basis actually… :grin: Whenever I meet a particularly intelligent DC, ( you know, the kind you can hold a conversation with and feel like it’s a REAL person,) I’ll grant them powers, teach them how to use them, and then we hang out together for the rest of the dream. And if we get lucky we’ll have an “Epic Dream Battle” with other DC’s. :lol: If my best friend’s in a dream I’ll grant her powers a lot, (unless it’s a “dumb” version of her, then she just screws everything up. laughs :gni: Never give a dumb DC powers… :wallhit: ) The other night I had this dream where myself and pretty much everyone I know were in this huge house, then the Pope, Barbera Walters, and Katie Couric came and held everyone hostage. (WTF? :crazy: )So my best friend and I escaped and then something happened, I forget what it was, and I realized I was dreaming and I said, “Oh, I’m dreaming, sweet! :yay: starts dancing” Then my friend says; “Yeah, I was wondering when you’d notice that…” :truit:

LOL thats hilarious. Awesome how you granted them powers and trained them and stuff :read: I really want to try that in an ld, especially the epic battle part, maybe even the pope part :happy:

btw under my name it says kin 10 :white planetary dog…what is that.

laughs Thanks! :lol: Epic battles are SO fun, ferseriously. Once I had this LD where there was pretty much every suphero I know or have heard of, (which is a lot, :gni: ) and pretty much every supervillian I know of, (which is also a lot, :happy: ) and we had the biggest epic battle of Good v.s Evil ever. :grin: It was so awesome! And yeah, the Pope thing was really weird and funny, (especially since Barbera and Katie were acting like they were the Pope’s girlfriends or something, he was lovin’ that. :rofl: ) There was this other dream I had once where I was watching TV and the news was on and the reporter was all frantic and said; “Yes, it has been confirmed…Hillary Clinton has been positively identified as the Anti-Christ…” :thud: I woke up laughing, I am not kidding. :rofl:

P.S, I noticed you’re new! Welcome! :grin:

thanks!

Last spring, I was getting groups of themes for my LD’s. One of the themes was people training me to use my powers better. So, yes, some of my DC’s have powers. My SG definitely does too.

what kind of powers does ur sg have?

Well, I don’t really consider him a dream character. He can do everything I can do. Sometimes he manipulates my dream world too. He’s even purposely woken me up 2 or 3 times.

I once taught a DC how to levitate, jump high, and fly.

I don’t really give DCs power (since some of them have a lot), it might be something different to try in a later LD.

using the future tense, i will allow DCs powers as i see fit. What fun is fighting masses of warlords if they can’t properly fight back?

talking in the past, i know of one moment where a DC had power over me, a semi lucid dream. It was less of power and more of annoying me, causing me to lose lucidity further.

I’ve convinced DCs that they’re dreaming multiple times. they don’t have any powers though…

however, once a DC was using lucid powers, and she taught me them. That’s how i learned Telekinesis.

I’m a bit surprised that the consensus seems to be that DC’s must be taught things through some sort of process. I agree it can be more fun when trying to act out a specific scenario in an LD, but usually the easiest way is to simply decide that certain DC’s have abilities and thus they do.

Oh well, I guess the mind can have a simpler time changing the dreamscape given more time and rationality(LDs only).