The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VI

I’v had a few lucid dreams so far and I’m not sure if I was realy lucid.

When I realized I was in a dream I was still unable to think and act on my own. I still felt like the dream still dictated what I do. Like, instead of become lucid in my dream, I felt like it was a dream of me become lucid. I aso felt like, instead of reaching a goal, it wasn’t realy lucid dream.Was I realy lucid?

I have heard some people say yes, but more say no.
You are extremely close.
I would consider that a huge step towards lucidity, but not quite at the full level.

really in the end only you can answer this…
remember how you were thinking during the dream … were you [color=red]really aware[/color] that you were actually in a dream while dreaming?
if you were aware then they would be low level LDs
the fact that you were unable to think and act on your own seems to imply it was a FLD

I had one of these the other night! I know exactly how you feel, its frustrating isn’t it? :angry:

I was dreaming that i was asleep in bed but in a different room and then it was as if i felt what i feel when i WILD and then had an LD but it didn’t feel like an LD, it was as if my dream body was having an LD and i was just along for the ride, it was like yours, the dream dictated what happens.
I don’t know if this helps you but i decided to dismiss this as an LD, i would rather be sure it was than unsure and claim to have had one.

Its like your subconscious is playing a trick on you, because i had my first LD about a week ago, my subconscious now knows what an LD is. :confused:
What annoys me is that i didn’t spot this as a huge Dreamsign! :grrr:

Hope that helps,
Fleep

P.s. Sorry if i waffled! :content:

Been there, done that :wink: As pretty much all other lucid dreamers here I have had my share of FLD s as well :razz:

i am very new to lucid dreaming. last night i couldn’t go to sleep, so i stayed up late on the LD4all chat room talking about lucid dreams, and when i wen’t to bed, i had a dream where i was walking by my school and i saw a small R/C moter on the ground, it was pretty damaged and would be considered trash in real life. i picked this moter up and then as i got up a flight of stairs, in my dream, i realized “why am i holding this piece of trash?” and i drop the moter on the ground.

i guess what im asking is, did i actually “think” that the moter was a piece of trash? or was it just part of the dream?

I would say it is part of the dream, but you could be questioning things in the dream, which means that you are on your way to lucidity (in one method at least).

you can think in dreams … I often do so. Dreams can be just action with no thinking … or have varying amount of thought/reasoning upto lucidity.

i think it was part of the dream becouse it seemed like the only part when i was thinking. in most of my dreams, it seems like i am wacthing from my body, like a movie. i wonder how i can trigger thought inside the dream. any ideas?

I’m not sure if this was a LD or a FLD, because I’m not sure if I was fully concious of the dream.

Okay…I was in a dream in which I was basically going back and forth into different dreams from the past. I knew I was dreaming in all of these sub-dreams, and I found it quite interesting. I remember that I was amused by them because, since I’d had them before, I would mentally predict what was going to happen next in the dream and then see if I was right, just from my memory of the dream from the first time I had it. It was cool! The thing was, though, that even though I knew I was dreaming, it still seemed like (in lack of better words) artificial dream thought. Because the second I got up and remembered one of these supposedly “past” MDs, I realized that it actually WASN’T a dream I’d had before. Basically I’d dreamed that I’d had that dream before. So does the fact that my subconcious was fooled by this dream logic mean that I wasn’t really aware enough to consider it a LD? It’s confusing, I know, but can someone please help explain it to me? I honestly don’t know…

you just have to fully focus on what you were thinking at the time. from what you wrote there I would tend to think it was a dream about lucid dreaming.

Whoa… :wam:

After looking through my old DJ (I ran out of room in it some time ago and am writing in a new one now) I realized that one of my past dreams actually DID take place in the exact same scenario as that little MD! :sleep: Now I’m starting to think it really was a LD, just a low-level one. :fly:

I can’t believe I didn’t remember having that dream before, even after experiencing it again! :ack: Maybe my completely awake brain is even more stupid than my subconcious… :uh:

I think I may have had a low-level LD but I’m not sure. It went away too fast, it seems like. And I’m not sure I was aware of the implications of this.

Anyhow, it was all dark, and I sorta felt a tug, and I was scared, but then I was like “HOMGZ I’M DREAMIN’. HEY, I KNOW I’M DREAMING.”
Then I got to… somewhere, I think it was supposed to be my house, and then I got us to this restaurant where I took this little girl to the bathroom, only it was like this weird tent thing and some guys were trying to break in and I was like “drek”( xD I used shadowrun slang in my sleep.) and I knocked it over so we were close to the tables and I was like “OMG HELP US”. And (this part is vague) I got out eventually. The little girl had gone though, I think.

Okay, you realized you were dreaming. Technically that means you were lucid. But were you actually concious in it? If your thoughts were just as clear and in-depth in your dream as they are IRL, then you were lucid. But if the dream still felt as if it was controlling your reactions to its events, I wouldn’t concider it a LD. It depends on what you classify a LD as. Some people think a LD is any dream, whether having concious thought or not, in which you realize you’re dreaming. Others, like myself, believe you must be fully aware in the dream to consider it a LD. It depends. To me, it seems like you had a brief moment of lucidity and then it faded into a ND.

Hope I helped, sorry if I rambled! :roll:

Okay I have just remembered something from last night and its really bugging me. I definately dreamt something to do wih an LD but I’m not sure if I actually LD’d or not. I remember thinking ‘lets see if I can walk through a wall’ and I did. I then tried again but couldn’t. But I’ve a feeling I dreamt about having and LD :sad:

nightmaster, I moved your post into the sticky topic

since you don’t remember experiencing any awareness it was probably a dream about LDing. But the good news is that lucid dreaming is on your mind so you will very likely have a real LD soon :happy:

Okay well thanks :smile: At least there’s a good sign

This may have possibly been my first LD:
I dreamt that I woke up in my room, immediatley out of an almost-reflex, I plugged my nose, and found I was still able to breathe. I went through a cycle of other tests, like looking at an alarm clock and flipping my light switch on and off, and all pointed to the fact that I was dreaming. The only thing that makes me doubt that this was a LD was the fact that I had limited control, in fact, the only time I actually remember having control was when I closed my door by thrusting my hand in its direction, kinda like some Star Wars force-thing. It was kinda boring, but if it was a lucid dream, then I’m happy!

if that is the only thing making you doubt, then it would have been your first LD :yay:

lucidity is about awareness not control, but control often follows due to the awareness. sometimes to give yourself a power or control you have to think of ways to do it. Commands are good for this … or lateral thinking. just experiment and have fun :happy:

First of all, Hello to everyone! It’s great to meet people who doesn’t think you’re insane or believe you’re are going to go crazy for practicing LDing.

I also want to apologise for my English since I speak Spanish.

I’ve always experienced SP and HH usually when I’m laying face up. I get so scared that I suddenly wake up and sometimes I feel forced to open my eyes. That’s why I find WILDing so hard.

Last night, after having a day almost off of RC’s (made 3 or 4 in all day) and hadn’t used any tecnique at all I had another LD.
I woke up around 2, I always wake up a few times during the night bacause I usually have bad dreams, not nightmares but really scary dreams. I realized I couldn’t recall any dream yet, so I went to the bathroom and continue my sleep. Then I remember be doing a RC (the nose one)and be amazed because I was able to breath. So I went like “I’m dreaming!”. I’m not sure if it was a real LD because I thought I was dreaming of having a LD in my dream (do you get it?). So I told my mum it was a LD, made another RC (one of mysef that is watching my nails which are (most of the time) painted with the word “s u e ñ o” (dream in Spanish) in WL) and I noticed it changed somehow. Then after exploring a bit of my old house I said to myself that this was a long dream since I could feel every passing second. I also remember having rubbed my hands a couple of times. Then I decided I’d give flying a try. It took me a lot of effort and I had to go through some kind of awning. Last thing I remember is seeing landscapes.

The funny thing is that after waking up from that dream and going back to sleep I dreamt about telling my mother of having had a LD.

My question is; if I knew that I was dreaming it was a LD right? even though I thought I was dreaming in a dream? :eh: