Natural LD as a child

Hi!

When I was a child (about 8-12), I was a natural LD-er, and could do it with no effort at all. My younger brother had the same thing. Now I’m 18, and trying to get back to LD-ing. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar background and knows something about using this to dream lucidly again?

Oh, I’d just guess that maybe 60% of the people here did have one or more LD’s as a child. It is extremely normal :wink: You have ld’s as a child, and then the “ability” fades away as you get older.

Now, since you’ve lost that ability, you need to find it again :wink: Myself I never had LD’s before I heard about it, so it was pretty difficult for me to learn - But since you’ve had them before you probably have an advantage.

You should be interested by these statistics: A Validation of Lucid Dreaming in School Age Children. As MovieMe, I don’t remember having been lucid when I was a children yet I managed to have LD’s, so I suppose that you may have greater facilities. About the methods to be lucid again, I suppose you have to do the same than Stephen LaBerge did. He was a “natural LD’er” and he used the same methods that you can find on the forum. :wink:

Thanks a lot! Lucky me then :tongue:
I actually experienced lucidity quite regularly, in some periods up to several times a week. And I was completely aware of it as well. I think it might’ve helped that my brother had the same thing, seeing as we talked about it. But might natural lucidity be hereditary?

Thanks for the replies, I’ll check in on those statistics!

I doubt it’s hereditary :wink: Some people simply have it as young - Some don’t. Actually, I think many people DO have lucid dreams as child but just doesn’t remember it.

i agree with MovieMe, it cant be herediatary, there are MANY abilties we have when were children that we tend to lose growing up for various reasons. It doesnt supriese me that a child would naturally have LDs.

You should ask this to Siiw, I think there are about six LD’ers in her family. :tongue:

As for me, I know a family where there are 3 natural LD’ers (that is people who continue to have LD’s though they are adult.)

Are connections between siblings/family members lucid dreaming naturally linked to genetic predispositions, or possibly because of the shared environmental stimulus. Psychology, GO!

Myself, I think that something like that is very much genetic to a great extent.

As to answer you Wilde I think that finding someone to talk to about it might help you out (maybe you can get your brother into it again too?). Generally the more it is on your mind the easier it will be to get into and it’s nice to have someone you can talk face to face with about it instead of just on the forum.

Yeah, I’ll ask him about it as soon as possible :content:
BTW, a friend of mine just started trying for LD completely indepent of me, I’ll speak to him as well!