Lucid Club

I just thought that I should share some good news.
I have been talking about lucid dreaming to a lot of people at school.
They all wanted me to make a club.
Officially you need a teacher to supervise a club, so I just made an unofficial club.
(I wanted people to be able to be themselves, plus a few had questions on sex, so I decided this would be the best way)
Well, Tuesday night (10:30) I sent out the message that we were going to meet tomorrow morning.
About 10 people showed up, not bad for that amount of time.
Anyways, I recommended them to LD4all and I had about 30 pages of reading material with me on techniques and such. About 4 of them are very interested, and I am guessing 2-3 of the others will start trying after a few more meetings.
We are expected to grow to at least 15 next week, maybe 20.

Not a bad start.
:happy:

That’s great! :happy: Starting a club is a good thing to do to get people intrested.
Maybe should try it here :wink:

Great going! :smile: I was thinking about trying to start a lucid club at my school, so I’ve been telling all of my friends to see who’d be interested first. But here we can’t have ‘unofficial’ clubs as they’re considered ‘secret organizations’ and are banned. :sad: Stupid handbook. So, I have to find a teacher.

What? You aren’t allowed to make any clubs or anything on your own?

Isn’t that a bit too extreme? 0.0

Hey! That’s a great idea! I was first thinking of making a videogame club but this is just as good. (Probably won’t get as much people though.) Maybe I’ll do this next semester since my schedule is completely booked.

At my high school you can create any club possible if theres not one that fits you.

That is the same here.
But to be sanctioned by the school you have to have a teacher supervisor.
We could do that, but would rather just stay unofficial.
Anyways, I recommend that if it is at all possible, you all try to start one also.

Thank you for the kind words.

We can do anything in my school

Nice going, that’s a great initiative! :content: And cool that so many people showed up :happy:

Thank you, it was next to no work also.
One of my friends called a few people and so did I, took maybe 15 minutes of planning.
So easy, anybody could do it.
(Cue the revolution!)

P.S.
I like your signature.

Well, its been a couple of weeks. How’s the club getting along? I assume something as interesting as LDing must generate a flood of interest? :happy:

that’s great going!

We have held a few more meetings, although there are some conflicts with members being in other clubs.

About 5 people are currently pursuing lucid dreaming in the club with others still interested.

It is going very well, and again, I encourage others to try and start up clubs in their area if at all possible.

Perhaps if you have a copy of EWLD you could bring it to one of your meetings and have it as a “guide” for different techniques maybe? If you don’t have one go buy one!

I do have a copy of it, and I brought it to the first meeting.
I have printed material for techniques though, that and spoken word.

You seem to be doing good. :ok: I want to start a club too!..unfortunatly every person whom i have asked “do you know what lucid dreaming is?” has either ignored me, or said no.

sounds cool. i wanted to start a club too, and i have a bunch of kids interested. but what exactly do you, or would you, do in the club. it seems like theres enough clubs that don’t actually DO anything and apart in a couple months. So basically, whats the point of an LD club?

I give information so that people can figure out what lucid dreams are.
We talk about dreams in general.
Maybe have a ‘field trip’ and watch a movie about dreaming (Waking Life etc.)
Discuss techniques.
And maybe the most important thing the club does is provides you with a supportive environment.

That’s awesome!:smiley: i would start one, except my school is one of either overachievers with too much activities already, or people who wouldn’t care enough :eh:
Some things yuo might want to do:
-Dream techniques (introduce the main ones first, then the other techniques, maybe one each meeting?
-Discuss recent dreams
-Have a live chat on here if a majority of the club can get an account here.