Afterlife hypothesis

Author  Message 
Jojje
Collective thinker
Lucid Initiate

Afterlife hypothesis
PostPosted: Fri 05 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

Hello, various users of LD4all.

I was talking to my mom and a friend of my parents about ghosts and various other paranormal phenomenon, where I brought up the subject of the afterlife.
I told them that I believed the afterlife is just like a lucid dream, a construct, built by your dreams, hopes and ideas. It can be your own personal heaven or hell.
I started thinking more about this and came up with the idea that maybe that afterlife can become immense, so immense in fact that we forget that it's the afterlife.

See where I'm going with this?

I believe that somebody in this world is dead, and that this is their afterlife. We are merely pawns in a humongous simulated reality. But then again, what is real? If you suggest that real is what you can see, hear and feel, then real is simply nothing but electrical signals, interpreted by your very own brain. When you die, they say the soul is separated.
Maybe it gets connected to a huge hive mind, where billions of souls are connected, all sharing the same afterlife.
Or maybe, it's a lucid dream, when it's only you who is the true human, and all others are just imaginary beings. If it is, where is the real world? What does it look like?

I could go on and on, but let's discuss further. What do you think?

kTFox has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Well I am a Christian and I already know what's going to happen in the Afterlife. There are difference Religions that believe in different things though.

Jojje
Collective thinker
Lucid Initiate

kT4all wrote:
Well I am a Christian and I already know what's going to happen in the Afterlife. There are difference Religions that believe in different things though.

But how can anybody know for sure? We haven't been there and returned from the dead, so who knows that's really on the other side?

kT4all is right. What will happen in the afterlife is defined in the Good Book(thats the Bible, Jojje), and if you opened your mind, you would find proof all around you. Only the Creator knows what the afterlife is truly like. engel2

Jojje
Collective thinker
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 06 Oct, 2007  Reply with quote

Hermes_HeraldofDeath wrote:
kT4all is right. What will happen in the afterlife is defined in the Good Book(thats the Bible, Jojje), and if you opened your mind, you would find proof all around you. Only the Creator knows what the afterlife is truly like. engel2

Well, I'm an atheist, and I keep an open mind, but I just don't think the Bible is a good source (Sorry christians)
Everybody has a different opinion of the afterlife, and we'll never know what it is until we pass on wiske
though it is open for speculation shy2

I've heard that someone died and went to heaven for 90 minutes and came back to life. It was a book of course (it was nonfiction so it was real). Only Time will tell us.

dreamwalker
Ne Plus Ultra
Dream Deity

Re: Afterlife hypothesis

[quote="Jojje"]
I was talking to my mom and a friend of my parents about ghosts and various other paranormal phenomenon, where I brought up the subject of the afterlife.
I told them that I believed the afterlife is just like a lucid dream, a construct, built by your dreams, hopes and ideas. It can be your own personal heaven or hell.
quote]

You shoould really watch the movie" What Dreams May Come".
It has the same idea/concept and it will make you think.

LD count: starting over

Im a chistain, and i dont think the bible is a good source of information. BUT i do believe in God the creator. As you were saying, our reality does look like a dream. like somthing constructed. Heck even like a video game. You said it your self, this place looks like it was created, well it was. The after life is the orginal world, the world first created, the energy world. Earth only exists in order for original souls to be created. Reality is no lucid dream, because imaginary beings would be like robots, we would have no ablitity to think or feel, we would just be programmed that way. You dont create your own heaven. What some refer to as heaven is just the energy world. The original universe. Our universe is more like a puny little nursury compared to the 'afterlife' Universe.

rad
Dream Deity

Maybe this world isn't the work of some stranger, nor a compilation of the collective population. Maybe it is just your own afterlife...Perhaps you've already died? plotting

Ok here it is. Lucid Epiphany and I talked about something he came up with. It goes like this: You get this feeling of lightness while your walking down a street or hall or something. He said that there might be a breaking point to get to the other side of the line. Who knows life could be a dream and we just don't know how to do a RC. There are two people in the world:
1. People that go with the flow of life
2. People who stop and think about the universe
That isn't really what it was but it's just a rough example of what I'm talking about. I'll try and get LE on here and talk about it more.

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity
LD count: Dry Spell

rad wrote:
Maybe this world isn't the work of some stranger, nor a compilation of the collective population. Maybe it is just your own afterlife...Perhaps you've already died? plotting

I've got to say... that would really, really suck.

Amused Himself to Death
pretty close...
Dream Deity

Why? hahaha. How would you ever know that you did in fact die? Perhaps this is all the same world, and the same people get reincarnated, with new souls thrown in for the extra population. Who knows. To be honest though, I sort of look forward to death. All these answers will be solved.

I do think though that people go to Heaven after they die though. Like my aunt, after her husband died, my uncle, she had a dream where Neil, my uncle, where he comforted her for her loss, saying that things were great, and for her to move on. Now, it could be her imagination thinking things up like this, but I don't know. I don't suppose anyone here will know until we actually die, to see if we can say goodbye to the people we loved. Hmm, so many thoughts...Like people who have near death experiences, and they see Heaven, and see the light, and feel an overpowering sense of happiness at the light...and waking up on the surgery table or dentist chair, etc.

FireKirby
Lurking Dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Estimated: 50

Hmm, I have no absolute idea of where you may find yourself in the afterlife.. only those who are dead know. I shall await death when the time comes, but until then.. I will get to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I have to.. otherwise I will have unfinished business. grin

Jojje
Collective thinker
Lucid Initiate

rad wrote:

Exactly my point, we may be living in our afterlife but we wouldn't realize it because it's so immensive.

Amused Himself to Death wrote:
Like people who have near death experiences, and they see Heaven, and see the light, and feel an overpowering sense of happiness at the light...and waking up on the surgery table or dentist chair, etc.

I think I believe that when they have NDE's, their brain is still active and is hallucinating.
That's just my opinion though, might not be true.

The Nameless One
Sleeping Man
cookie lover
LD count: 2 crappy ones

I think some people here are mistaking belief with knowledge. Any dictionary will tell you that they are two diametrically different things.

print