Sleeping Positions

Last night i remember lying on my back with my head kind of to the side, then the moment i moved my head to face the ceiling a wave of tingly sleep paralysis engulfs my body from my neck outwards. Then i start to hear whispering voices like in LOTR when Frodo puts the ring on… I kept snapping out if it though but every time it would creep back about 5 seconds later but i ended up waking up completely… frustrating, as my best LD came from SP in the middle of the night! :happy:

I can only fall asleep in one position, so there’s not much choice for me :smile:

I sleep on my stomach with my right arm under the pillow, and my head always turned to the left. I can’t get comfortable when it’s to the right. Broke my collarbone on the right side when I was younger and never had it set, probably has something to do with it.

I don’t know how people sleep on their backs! It makes me feel like I have a fused spine.

If I’m trying to get an LD, like doing WILD or something, I’ll sleep on my back. If I’m just trying to go to sleep, I roll over on either side :content:

I sleep on my stomach with both hands under my pillow. I had all my LD in that position. I will try sleeping on my back and see what happens.

I have no particularly standard of position to fall asleep to get an LD but i can not fall asleep other than on my side. i prefer my right side

Thank you for all that have posted. I usually don’t sleep on my side because my ear is on my pillow and I hear something when I’m not moving. I know some of it is my heart beat but theres just this movie that I saw in 5th grade where like microorganisms crawl into your ear and you can hear them do it. I think thats what happens. I’m not sure, I just freak out if I concentrate on that sound too much when I have my ear on my pillow.

I can only sleep on my back.

i usually sleep on my side or stomach, i find that i have a lot of difficulty falling asleep on my back. if i hug a pillow, however, i have no problems falling asleep on my back at all. kinda strange, but helps with WILD a lot

Sleep positions are more a preference , but in the case of lucid dreaming, I would THINK that sleeping on your back would cause sleep paralysis easier, as sleeping on the side causes the tendency to be uncomfortable and change. I’m currently trying to train myself to sleep on my back, i hope it will help…

btw, i had an LD last night! :smile:

I usually sleep on my side :wink: For some reason that’s the only position in which I can fall asleep.

I think I can only have a LD when I sleep on my back, but I can only sleep comfortably on my side.

I’ve gotten closest to doing WILD while I was lying on my stomach, head to one side. I felt my body trying to test my brain to see if I was asleep yet and had the irresistible urge to swallow and turn my head. I stayed strong as long as i could cuz i was having HI and could feel my body falling asleep but my body won the fight and i involuntarily jerked over on to my other side. :wallhit: AARG! I knew I was so close, and I had just woken up from a really vivid and crazy dream, so I knew I was in a great state of mind to get lucid. Maybe next time.

I always fall asleep on my right side, all curled up.
Only when I’m having a hard time falling asleep, I may turn to my stomach or left side. :smile:

guys dont sleep on your sides. It can lead to TMS. woah deja vu. I think i already said this :eh:

Well, I normally sleep on my side. O.o But for WILD, the best position would be on the back.

1 question: WHY is the back the best. Anyone know? :eh:

I’m not sure. I am just accustomed to sleeping on my back. Maybe because your rib cage is spread out and not messed up when its turned to your side, also it’s like you were standing up so its used to it.

Perhaps you relax better while on your back with your weight evenly spread out, instead of it being pushed to one side when you sleep on your side.

I’m trying to sleep more on my back, but on one of my sides or on my stomach are more comfortable.

I usually sleep on my back or one of my sides. I often get SP easier when I sleep on my side and it’s more comfy that way :content: