LD without WBTB

Hello. I’ve been trying to LD for about two weeks now (kind of–I went for four or five days, and then school started), with moderate (3 in about five days) success. However, school has started, and I cannot afford to lose sleep, and hence would like to change technique (all of these LDs so far have involved WILD with WBTB).

Are there any techniques that are effective without WBTB? Or would I be best to just stop for a month (ie. until after exams)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AutoSuggestion (AS) works - MILD as well.

Usually it works simply to brainstorm your mind with lucid information for one whole day (Or one week depending on how much you do). Then, after one day (or week) simply forget about lucid dreaming- These are the times when I have my DILD’s :happy:

(Oh, and don’t forget to do alot of Reality Checks)

FILD SILD DILD KILD

Looke’m up, if you think it, they’ve been made!

the guide’s great. I would personally go against jumping right into LD’ing after 3 days :eh:
I suggest DJ’ing for about a month (patience is key) THEN and only then, try to perform techniques.

think of it like playing a game, you have to get to lvl (X) before you can LD. thats what i did.

I’ve heard a lot of people quit because they jump right into it (Aots_kp anyone?)

lastly, THE FORUM! theres around 300 libraries of LD info at your fingers right now! :smile:

do research! do studies! do everything!

and finally again, the guide is there for a REASON, so read every word of it, then read it again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat

ok sry if this post is in any way inflammatory. Good Luck! :content:

I’ve never even heard of SILD or KILD … explain it to me please, I don’t feel like looking for it right now.

ive never gotten an LD from WBTB actually, it seems to work better when i do other techniques. you can check my thread about NILD (i call it CHILD now though) and learn about how you can utilize video games to get your brain in a “zombiefied” state. also, caffeiene always improves DILDs and don’t forget to try WILDing whenur tired

DILD might be hard if your trying to foucs at school but at home constantly do effective RC and dont forget to keep a DJ

You can still practice WBTB without missing any sleep. Do what i do, go back to sleep directly after you wake up, that helps too. It’s always been better for me actualy that way. No need to get up or anything, you’re gonna be really tired so when you fall asleep again you’ll enter the dream state more easily. :tongue: