More intelligent dreams=closer to Lucidity?

I had my first lucid dream last Thursday!!! :nuu: :hurray: :woot: :cloud9:
Here’s what happened:
-Went to sleep.
-Woke up at 3:10
-Wrote down in my DJ a number of small dreams, but included much intelligence, like thinking rationally but then again not ‘rationally’.
-Went to sleep. Had a repeating dream (over and over again I woke up; also could have been false awakenings). On the 2nd and one of the last dreams I had lucid dreams. The first one was freaky-scary, and not only because I had a degree of sleep paralyis.
-Woke up again and almost forgot luid dream :confused:

A while before this happened I noticed my dreams were all getting some degree of intelligence. I was thinking, a few times had low-level lucid dreaming, and the next night after the LD I remembered what day of the week it was. Is this a sign that I am getting closer to having a lucid dream?
Also, many of my dreams are different but in the same setting. Does this count as one dream or many?

:wave: welcome AsiAsi !!!
To the first one : yes your getting really close
Second it counts as many dreams

greets from sakoda , forums harlequin and defender of pudding

Thank you!!! And hello to you 2! :clown: :mrgreen_hat:
This is really helpful to me! I was getting a little…eh, impatient for some sort of sign that I was getting closer. Thank you again! :mrgreen_hat:

Congradulations!!! :clap: :aww: on your first Ld, it’s quite an accomplishment. :woot:

- - :yay: - -

Congrats on ur first LD! I can still remember the thrill of it… oh well…

But anyway, a sign of “intelligence” or “rationality” in ur dreams is sorta showing that ur getting close because (this is my inference btw) ur consciousness is beginning to get more awake, so some amount of rationality is observed. Makes sense? hope so…

What do you mean by more intelligent? as in say dreaming about complicated things like science or that you are becoming more logical in your dreams?

If you are becoming more logical thats a good sign that parts of the brain are beginning to realise that you want them active during sleep so they turn on and have an impact on your dreams. Dreaming about complicated things would also be a good sign as it shows your memory has gotten to the point where it can remember more than just basic information such as what humans look like or what language you speak, and as such may cause you to think a bit more and encounter more LD’s

Congrats on your first LD too!

Well, by more intelligent, I mean the dreams have more thought. Like once I had a dream that I was posting a question on a Naruto forum, but then I wondered if I should go check and see if the question already was answered. THEN I was like, well, there are so many posts I can’t read all of them. They should understand. It was so weird!:-?
Of course I would never have posted in a Naruto forum anyway (no offense) but you get the point.

Oh ok then (im with you on Naruto too)

Well i guess any increase in activity would improve chances of something eventually coming along that you might recognise a dreamsign.

I’m happy more and more post about the BIG my first LD topic are coming up. makes me feel like LD isnt so hard =]

congratz though

Thanks!
P.S. Last night I had my FOURTH-ISH full LD!!! And since all through the night I was having extrememly vivid and emotional dreams, I’m pretty sure that it helps a lot for LDing!!! (At least MILD, anyway) :content: