LD4all Quest 24: Self-Existing Moon: Make music

I made the quest. you can find it in my dream journal. [community.ld4all.com/t/the-dreams-of-eloij/26704/9)

congratulations eloij! :yay:

well done canasta too :happy: good luck in your next LD :smile:

wyvern, I’d like you to actively make music yourself instead of listening to music others make in your dream :smile: (Maybe you could summon the orchestral music but then sing along with it yourself? )

Okay, no problem. I’ll play something on the piano then. Then maybe I’ll recreate it and post it here. Well, I’ll try at least.

Gitar 24/10/2007
I’m on a trip with two friends. I promised to work behind the bar there. But I remember that I promised to do my regular work too! My friends think that i should just forget about the barjob. I’m working on the computer. There is a leak. i want to check the shower. I belive that I hear it run. It is just the rain. I almost fall of the stairs. It doesn’t feel real. I want to jump of the stairs but I do a Rc first. I look at my hand. I’m dreaming. I jump. I fall and it feels good. I flowd just above the ground. I fly into the living room. I try to jump real high. It doesn’t work that well but I try again. I go through the sealing. I can see my closet. I see ‘Lego’ and pluche animals. I try to remember that and to check my real closet. It is a new closet. I want to make music. My dad tells me about a gitar upstairs. But I don’t want to go upstairs. I play airgitar. It doesn’t work that good. The my dad starts to play gitar using me as the gitar! The music is getting better. I have the feeling that it is time to wake up.

The music was tenenene pow tenenene pow. :razz: Well I don’t play an instument :wink:

Quest completed:

I am not going to post this in official dream journal format.

I was dreaming, and I had a ukulele in my hands. What else would I do but play it?
I am pretty sure I played F, Fm, Am, A. (I am not musically gifted, don’t make fun of me :content:)

It sounded exactly as it would in waking state, although I am not sure I expected it to be different.

I will try this one… I remember dreaming of being in a band a while ago, but lets see what happens here.

PasQy are these wings a reward with every quest or just this one? I’ve never taken much notice of the quests till now. There’s only 1 day left of this moon is that correct? I shall have to try this tonight. Wait… does it count if I made music IRL? :razz:

Akorah, the Quest Wings are a fairly new thing. The first time they entered the stage was two moons ago, at the same time the new lay-out came. As Q said in the first post the Self-Existing moon is from 18 october until 14 november. So you still have more than two weeks to complete this moon’s quest.

and of course it doesn’t count if you make music IRL :tongue:

aw man i had an ND the other night after my LD and i was in a rock band. i could’ve totally earned my wings if i just did an RC!

Completed Quest - Singing.

SPOILER - Click to view

I was at a highschool, having a very strange dream… it was very dark and there were lots of foreigners everywhere… kind of a nightmare i guess you could say. I became lucid but my lucidity was at a very low level. I wondered into a music class and there were people singing and someone playing the piano. Suddenly it hit me like lightning and I remembered about the quest to make music. My lucidity went up a notch and I joined in with the class. The teacher told me to sing a certain phrase but that for my assignment I was to change the ending, keeping the notes and pitch all the same. The phrase was something like “dangerous loving you” and i changed it to “dangerously cool”. It sounded really nice to sing but that middle part was a very hard note to hit. I then started getting carried away thinking of other words to use and i came up with the word “deep froze” or something… and by saying that word it was giving me more inner power and lucidity… I started forming this glowing blue ball of power between my hands using this word, and then drawing energy into myself from it. The dream takes a different turn from here… read my DJ (link in sig) to see what happens next.

I’ll look forward to the next quest. Now i’m back off to sleep I only had about 5 hours so far… wanted to write that one down while i still remembered and thought it would be a good idea anyway as a WBTB method :wink:
g’nite peeps.

Alright, I’ve sung twice already in LD’s since this quest started, but I didn’t have this quest in mind and I was just randomly singing. LOL, I want to play an instrument for this quest anyway so I don’t think those should count. :tongue:

Congratulations Bones and Akorah :smile: And well done too Ansie! :happy:

Good luck DarkRaven, HebrewB and lorDrr :smile:

I played a guitar in a dream but I didn´t get lucid… :cry:

can i get some wings over here PasQuale :smile:

You get your wings at the end of the Quest, when the new one starts :smile:

This is from my second OBE from last weekend:

I am pleasantly surprised when a short time later, I again feel the waves of SP vibration passing over me. This time I focus on imagining myself sitting up. This works, and as soon as I feel myself sitting up, I stand the rest of the way up, and go out into the hall which again is lit by twilight light from outside. I walk out into the family room. Everything seems pretty clear. I turn toward the front door, and as I walk toward the front door, I take off my robe. I then hurry out through the front door without opening it. It is an odd feeling as I see the door loom up directly in front of me, and then I am through. Outside, I see some children playing in the street outside. I look around, worried at first that I won’t be able to see clearly without my glasses. Then I realize that I do not need glasses since this is a dream. I am just trying to take this all in. I walk around to the side of the house, and I start to levitate up into the sky. I see the trees dropping below me, and I am impressed at how real they seem. I then look out toward the horizon. I see a beautiful orange sunset or sunrise scene in the clouds. As I am rising, I am also singing a song. Part of the lyrics are something like, “I will lighten my heart/ I will lighten my load.” I am feeling really good when I again wake up.

I also have an except from a lucid dream on 10/31:

I end up flying over a kind of quaint, medieval looking town. There is a high tower where the town overlooks a steep bluff that looks out over a wooded valley. I have a sense of colors and pennants flying in the breeze. I begin to play a song at that point. It is a kind of rock ballad, and I am moved myself at how beautiful it is. I go through several verses as I fly, and I am struck at just how well the voice and instruments sound. I reach the end, and after a few moments, I realize that I cannot remember anything of the song. I’ve completely forgotten the song that I was just so moved by.

I’ll definitely try this tonight. It’s been on my list of things to do, but I’ve tried everything else first, and I’m running out of time to focus on this. XD

I did it! I managed to do it!

This dream was surprisingly lucid from the start. I remember staying up late before the dream, and then struggling to try and make sure I dreampt, and trying to make it start out lucid. And then everything goes dark, and I can tell I’m sleeping, yet I can still feel my conciousness. I remember standing in this darkness for about ten minutes, being able to tell that I’m standing in my dream, not just laying down in my bed like my body, then walking forward and being hit brilliantly by a bright light. I’m unable to see, and the room starts to spin violently around me. And as it does, it starts to cease glowing, and I can see my surroundings. I’m standing in a circle with my friends. I’m in some vast chamber, with rows of wooden benches, but all my surroundings appear fairly blurred to me. The only things that seem clear to me are my friends. There are four or five of them, and for some reason they all appear to be smiling. I can still tell that I’m in the dream world, though I have no notion of why. And then I recall the quest, which I had been reading to myself over and over before I lay down. I try to leave the room, but there’s some kind of glowing warmth begging me to stay. So I speak with my friends, and they all seem to be happily ignorant that they’re part of my dream. I do a reality check, by trying to push one of my fingers through the palm of my other hand. My open hand stretches like rubber when I press it. Then one of my friends begins to clap at a beat, and I join in. Soon, the full circle is clapping. And the song I had wanted to sing - Crawling by Linkin Park - suddenly comes to me. The instruments suddenly burst out around me, and I’m singing the song perfectly. Every word comes through to my concious amazingly easily. And we keep singing the song, until I begin to feel my friends disappear, and the room around us with them. I spin in circles, pushing the dream out further, but soon enough I’m dragged out of my first fully lucid dream. This dream was quite abstract in some aspects, but I can recall it with surprising clarity. The only dream I can remember having as clearly as this was the dream I had last night, which had absolutely no lucidity, and was more like watching a movie than dreaming. After awaking, I lay in bed for about 5 minutes, then got up and wrote this. It’s about 2:25 now, my dream starting at about 1:00 and ending at around 2:00. There were a few things I had wanted to attempt, such as flying and further exploration, but I found myself satisfied in the dream world with that one room, where at least I managed to fufill the quest. I don’t know, I may manage another lucid dream tonight. However, I doubt it, since this was quite the rarity indeed. I spent about a half hour lying in bed repeating to myself that I would control my dream, and doing reality checks. I guess I just branded this idea onto my inner conscience, which remembered the whole thing instantly. However, there is this strange sensation about me now. I feel like half of me is still standing in that room, and that half of me is here remembering this. And for some reason my left eye won’t stop blinking as if someone kept on flashing a bright light in it. Go figure.

Well i had a sorta ld… well i was laying n my bed and i was really tired like i just woke up (it was a FA) but everything seemed blurry around the edges so i said to my self i am dreaming there is no doubt especially how everthing looks.(the whole rome was a gold color… My room is blue.) So i started singing.( last resort - papa roach) But i was to lazy to do a rc other than just lloking around then all of a sudden my brother yelled IRL and i woke up to my normal colored room.

Gah, I got so close… In my lucid dream last night, a band was playing at a party I was having and taking requests, and I heard them sing… I just didn’t get lucky enough to remember to make music myself. o.o